Roast Our medical and high performance team

Remove this Banner Ad

Our high performance team needs a good look at IMO. Players always seem tired after a half of footy or an intense 10 mins of tackling and pressure. Even with the shorter quarters this year it feels like our guys aren't conditioned compared to other sides and in a regular season we always look the worse of the 2 teams on the field.

Bottom line is, since 2010, you whack a North Melb jumper on a kid, you better show him where the Rehab Room is on Day One.
Its pretty true, we also love to pick up kids coming straight off injuries in their previous year or causing them at training.

Hope it comes out at the end of this season to let the fans know that we are going to do something or anything about our poor injury management

It’s been like this for years but this years decisions (Cunnington, Zeebs etc) has been woeful

Needs to be addressed!

Its pretty true, we also love to pick up kids coming straight off injuries in their previous year or causing them at training.

* Except Joel Selwood. We gave him the wide berth on draft day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So I asked about this particular subject. Our Doc thank you all is very experienced , he's well into his 70's . He hobbles onto the ground and hobbles back off it!!

Apparently he's on job keeper, so all good.👍 he wouldn't get a gig anywhere else that's for sure.🤦‍♂️. Yes the OP is correct and it's all about cost saving 🤷‍♂️. They all need to go, but who stumps up for the cash?
I’ve seen the match day club doctor out on the ground and thought, yeah he’s definitely over 60. Resembles * doctor. I worry when hes assesing the structure of a knee or ankle that he might break his wrist! These are professional athletes who dwarf him and Id hate to see him carry someone off whose hobbling, placing their entire body weight on his shoulder 😕

Come to think of it, imagine when he’s assessing a knee or ligament and he can’t put enough elbow grease into it so our players feel no pain, due to the lack of pressure - and so theyre cleared to come back on!! 😂😂😳😳
That is until they go in for scans the following Monday and they’re ruled out for 3 weeks. fu** imagine that 🤔

He’d be the most experienced candidate however so that stacks up but can’t help but wonder if we’d be better off served by a doctor who has more of a feel for the modern game and will be around long term.

Considering the injury prone players on our list, it would help if they could develop a personal relationship with the club GP without fear that they could retire any minute.
Good call The acurate one
Brady aint messing about

Brady aint messing about

Fwiw taz I think vast experience in a doctor is still a very worthy attributes, as long as he has more able younger bodies who can act as orderlies for him.

From the outside the doc isn't here nor there in our failings, it seems a 'higher' um 'performance' level of issue in physical development and rehab/treatment type of thing.

Brady aint messing about

Why thank you. I do feel my best quip was wasted in the gameday thread at the time when he was studying the video of Simpkin and the discussion by the commentators was around Simpkin having concussion. I can tell you, the good Doc ruled Simpkin out with Polio.

Why thank you. I do feel my best quip was wasted in the gameday thread at the time when he was studying the video of Simpkin and the discussion by the commentators was around Simpkin having concussion. I can tell you, the good Doc ruled Simpkin out with Polio.

de6b019b19825f2cacfb347e2b98e1f82784110c

Understandable. As Gillon knows, once it gets hold of you it never lets you go.

Some massive changes happening with North atm

I really hope we do a complete overhaul of our Medical team. Surely we have identified it as a issue? Not just for 2020 but for years

It's impossible to pin injuries on medical staff without evidence.

We've had a bad run but we've had good periods too. Plus a couple of senior players who should have said no.

We've also drafted injury concerned players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back