Roast Our Medical Staff

Remove this Banner Ad

• Banned
They are only human and made a mistake. They analyse and give advice, what more do you want? They cannot reverse it now.
I don't know, last time I checked it's a medicos job to correctly assess the extent of an injury, not to make mind-numbingly idiotic mistakes that lead to our players being sidelined for 12 months.

hindsight's everything. I admit the initial incident should've been alarm bells but if they went through the relevant tests you can't do much else. don't want to jump at shadows either. I'll probably leave this thread now because thinking about this makes me sick. just going to enjoy our side having a game pretty much rapt up at half time

If anything is going to cripple our chances to win Premiership, it's these idiots.

5 minutes before half time, Clay Smith clutches his knee in pain. He seems ok, but the guy's coming off two consecutive reconstructions and we're well in front; why take the risk?

Don't tell me he 'passed the tests', because those tests were obviously inaccurate. How could our medicos be so stupid to not take his previous recos into account when assessing this? You don't need a bloody doctor's degree to realize we're running a huge, unnecessary risk by sending him back on. Unbelievable.

And your qualifications are.......????

I agree remember Cooney, Lake they are incompetent time for a refresh of the medical team.

I read the club cleaned out a bunch of medicos over the preaseason on BF because they were "far from up to it".

SeaWind making his assessments based on his MBBS degree and years of experience in sports medicine, I'm sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clearly the negativity is warranted because the club has form in employing s**t medicos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a worry either way it goes. Questions need to be asked even if to vindicates the medicos.

That's a more measured response. Conduct an investigation and only then, respond in whatever way is appropriate.

I'm really trying not to play the man; but God your posts are vitriolic and negative and very hard to tolerate.
Yeah, because being genuinely worried about our salary cap room is really negative and vitriolic.

Way to play the man.

The question by the op is warranted.

We have our best player on the sidelines with a knee, if they * him up also you can just about kiss a premiership goodbye with this group.

Ive had first hand experience with our docs over 10 years ago. I wouldn't be singing their praise at all.

If anything is going to cripple our chances to win Premiership, it's these idiots.

5 minutes before half time, Clay Smith clutches his knee in pain. He seems ok, but the guy's coming off two consecutive reconstructions and we're well in front; why take the risk?

Don't tell me he 'passed the tests', because those tests were obviously inaccurate. How could our medicos be so stupid to not take his previous recos into account when assessing this? You don't need a bloody doctor's degree to realize we're running a huge, unnecessary risk by sending him back on. Unbelievable.
So I think they know more than you. FYI, if Clay's ACL was partially torn from the first incident, the prognosis is the same - 12 months full reco. So it makes no difference either way. Players get injured, it's a fact.

he's had two torn knee's and would of known what it felt like. He passed the test's and would of felt comfortable and able to run on the knee..The medical team are elite, its just bad luck what happened..Sad to say, that'll be career over

Smith was far too eager to come back on, but he is responsible for his action. The end result is his season gone, but regardless we were still a man down.

Injuries happen but you can't blame the medical staff for this stuff happening.

s**t happens

Remove this Banner Ad

Back