our midfield 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m hoping and expect that all of brayshaw, cerra, giro and north put on a lot of weight and size this off season.

I would like to see Hughes, kersten and logue all trialled in the midfield to see what they can offer.

Everyone has been talking about too many rucks. I think we have too many medium backs that are quite similar. There is kersten, Ryan, nhyuis, Duman, logue that are all not key backs. Would like to see some trialed in the midfield. Only Ryan has really locked down his spot as best 22. So we have the other 4 competing for maybe one spot, possibly with cox if he goes back.
Logue is definitely a key back. Pretty sure he played on JJK and Cameron in 2016 amongst other KPFs.
Reckon Wilson could play outside mid/wing freeing up a defensive spot.

Hoping Langdon and Tucker can show more inside next year.
Wilson is really good as a half back, why would we move him then have to find someone else to do what he does as well? Add to that, I doubt he plays as well on the wing as he does in the position he has spent 7 years in.

I reckon from 2019 or 2020 onwards you tell Fyfe to lose 1 or 2 kgs every pre season to combat the sad but inevitable loss of athleticism as his body gets heavier and slower. We r all iust passing through.

I’d rather he be a useful wiry utility who can still take freakish speccies than a slow bullocking mid at 32.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shane "the Saviour" Kersten,
AFLs newest midfield star
Yep you read that right

Mundy 192cm 91 kg
Fyfe 190cm 92kg
Kersten 191cm 90kg

And the similarities dont stop there all 3 were recruited as forwards.
And both Mundy and Kersten have spent time down back now.

Whats everyone's thoughts??
I would at least like to see it tried before he gets delisted as there is no room in the forward or backlines for him.
His role would be everytime he touches it put it on the boot straight away, forward direction only. With all the marking power we have now in the forward line i really dont mind the quick un guided kick out of the middle to deep in the forward line.
Shane Kersten is best summed up by an interview I read with him, where he said he spent his Geelong paycheques on remote control planes and not... houses.

Wilson is really good as a half back, why would we move him then have to find someone else to do what he does as well? Add to that, I doubt he plays as well on the wing as he does in the position he has spent 7 years in.

Whatever. I was simply responding to some comments that we had many of the same type in the back line. I like Willo off half back.

Clearly like 300 grand. He and his mate Hamling used to buy little motorbikes too. Bloke is thick as ****.

I had a mate that went round to Medhurst’s joint. Back when he was playing. Had a whole room to arcade games... like his own Timezone. Probably not the largest expense but a clear sign of kids with cash having no idea.

You could raffle the personnel if the skills and decision making doesn't change. That has to be the key offseason focus for anyone we're looking at rotating through.

Blakely and a (fingers crossed) fit Stephen Hill the key fulltime shifts from the back end of last year IMO.

You could raffle the personnel if the skills and decision making doesn't change. That has to be the key offseason focus for anyone we're looking at rotating through.

Blakely and a (fingers crossed) fit Stephen Hill the key fulltime shifts from the back end of last year IMO.

God yes. Hilly has always looked best when forward of centre with stints on the ball, seeing him apparently locked in as a back flanker grieves me. Blakely is a cert to be a fulltime midfielder now, shame it took our second best mid leaving for him to get that opportunity but at least we get to see him reach his full potential now.

Shane Kersten is best summed up by an interview I read with him, where he said he spent his Geelong paycheques on remote control planes and not... houses.
Clearly like 300 grand. He and his mate Hamling used to buy little motorbikes too. Bloke is thick as ****.
So let me get this right, a persons intelligence can be determined by an interview about 1 decision that they made in there life?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unlikely he makes the R1 team - but very plausible that he’s in the B22 by the end of the year if he keeps developing and takes his chances.
Is North quick enough?
His highlight reel is impressive but seems to lack that explosive pace, i wonder if he will be tackled endlessly at AFL level with out an extra bit of dash

Is North quick enough?
His highlight reel is impressive but seems to lack that explosive pace, i wonder if he will be tackled endlessly at AFL level with out an extra bit of dash
Yeah not super fast but he's a smart footballer. Played a lot on the outside at Peel this year but suspect the long term goal is a big bodied inside mid. Has a good left hoof. He knows how to win the ball and every time I've watched him he's been pretty clean. With Danyle, Sherro, Sutty and Grey all going, he'll get more opportunity to shine at Peel and no doubt earn himself a debut next season. He's still a slow build though imo so unlikely to become a B22 lock for a while yet. Has the attributes to be good AFL depth at worst, perhaps not enough to become an A grader though.

Yeah not super fast but he's a smart footballer. Played a lot on the outside at Peel this year but suspect the long term goal is a big bodied inside mid. Has a good left hoof. He knows how to win the ball and every time I've watched him he's been pretty clean. With Danyle, Sherro, Sutty and Grey all going, he'll get more opportunity to shine at Peel and no doubt earn himself a debut next season. He's still a slow build though imo so unlikely to become a B22 lock for a while yet. Has the attributes to be good AFL depth at worst, perhaps not enough to become an A grader though.

We dont need A graders as Ross said we need cobblers !!!! Players who follow instructions look how Crowley made a career out of his tagging.

Better than nose clams
I dunno. Cocaine is pretty lame but so too is being so childish you piss away 250k a year on little motorbikes. When you're as thick as he sounds, you take every cent and chuck down a deposit on a house even if it is in northern Corio or Coolbellup.

I dunno. Cocaine is pretty lame but so too is being so childish you piss away 250k a year on little motorbikes. When you're as thick as he sounds, you take every cent and chuck down a deposit on a house even if it is in northern Corio or Coolbellup.
And here I am foolishly squandering my money on food and heat.

haselby says logue to wing does everyone agree with that considering we already have two hills and langdon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back