Our Midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Bobby Sands

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Martin, Cotch, Prestia, Caddy, Grigg, Brandon, Kamdyn, Miles, Corey, Menadue, Vlaustin, Edwards............ Conca, Lambert.

I feel if Corey & Menadue can be at the very least AFL level contributors this season, than we will have a balanced midfield against most opponents.

Not getting bullied (fingers crossed) is going to make an enormous differences to our own entries & also the entries of the opposition.

Worth noting that Caddy is an elite runner & finished first in the clean hands in his draft year.

Prestia was 6th in repeat sprints & second for agility.

Irrelevant results now, but they are both excellent athletes in addition to footballers. Big plus.

Last edited:

If everyone is fit, it should be a massive change in the engine room.
I would like to see how McIntosh goes in there also.

Don't even think that far ahead.

I'm thinking about all the internal improvement from our kids being exposed to better mids / coaches from other more successful programs and the competition that will be created from greater class / depth.

Don't even think that far ahead.

I'm thinking about all the internal improvement from our kids being exposed to better mids / coaches from other more successful programs and the competition that will be created from greater class / depth.
Good point. I see Nank as a Maric2. But that midfield is really interesting on page, it looks like a chefs ingredients as in it could be a lovely dish or thrown in the bin.

I'm hoping for a subtle build up and good yet not OTT start and build into the season.

Last edited:
Cotchin - Caddy - Prestia (rotation 1)
Martin - Miles - Vlastuin (rotation 2)
Miles - Prestia - Conca (rotation 3)
Prestia - Conca - Cotchin (rotation 4)
Cotchin - Martin - Caddy (rotation 5)
Martin - Miles - Vlastuin (rotation 6)
ya 2nd and 6th rotation are the same and I doubt conca will get a game.
Cotchin , Miles , Martin, Grigg , Cellis , Caddy , Prestia , Lloyd , Rioli , Edwards , Yarran , Vlaustin , Mcintosh , Bellis is what the club needs to look at playing through the midfield at some stage every game . Who they happen to be in there with should alter based on who needs a spell.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grigg should still be best 22 but if he still a prominent player in our midfield then we haven't improved at all. A wing/half back role would be his best option, with the odd stint in the middle.

Yes he will. Like he has been for the last 5 seasons, he will be the first one tagged.
Except next season, we have Prestia and Caddy to run riot if he does get tagged :D

If they then shift their attention away from Cotchin to keep those two in check, then Cotchin goes loose. Midfield prospect looks good right now. The forward line is our weakest link though IMO.

Ahhh nice to find a thread with some optimism. I was writing down all our players last night and seperating mids, fwd etc, we do have some nice depth there. Not even including utility players that can rotate through there. No more lock ins, whoever is playing the best is in, more competition will be better for our culture, especially the young ones like you said.​

Except next season, we have Prestia and Caddy to run riot if he does get tagged :D

If they then shift their attention away from Cotchin to keep those two in check, then Cotchin goes loose. Midfield prospect looks good right now. The forward line is our weakest link though IMO.

This is the key (can also add Vlastuin to the group), as well as Martin being effective up forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back