Our Midfield

Remove this Banner Ad

What did everyone think of Powell-pepper last night? First time I’ve seen him play. I really liked how he went about it. We could have had him last year. Just what we need.

What did everyone think of Powell-pepper last night? First time I’ve seen him play. I really liked how he went about it. We could have had him last year. Just what we need.

Think he is way over hyped for his output. Does 2 don't argues a game and the whole football community seems to be losing it over him. Rated Dunstan's first season much better than Powell Peppers current one.

I l
Think he is way over hyped for his output. Does 2 don't argues a game and the whole football community seems to be losing it over him. Rated Dunstan's first season much better than Powell Peppers current one.

I liked his attack on the ball last night.

Blue avvie alert

Do you like him more than Long, Battle and a likely top 3 pick though? We'll be able to get a mid at least as good as him if not better with that pick and we get Long and Battle as a bonus.

Do you like him more than Long, Battle and a likely top 3 pick though? We'll be able to get a mid at least as good as him if not better with that pick and we get Long and Battle as a bonus.

Right now I do, purely based on AFL performances.
I hope that Long and Battle outdo him obviously, but as of right now... not much to go by.

I was totally into him before the draft and think he would have been a great fit. I try not to think of who we didn't get even though last year seems to have been a super draft. Hopefully the Hawks get us a pick that makes PP look s**t. Hayward and Florrent look a couple of likely kids too.

I like Long, Battle and pick 3 a lot if one of them is better than Powell pepper.

Right now I do, purely based on AFL performances.
I hope that Long and Battle outdo him obviously, but as of right now... not much to go by.

Not much to go by now but in a couple of years surely we can nail one out of three to at least make it even.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much to go by now but in a couple of years surely we can nail one out of three to at least make it even.

At the end of the day we might have taken any player so it's not even worth thinking about.

Feels like a distant memory (Armo of 2015) but gee it would be nice to see him get back amongst it.

Give him a full preseason, potentially snag Kelly and then add in the Freeman wildcard, the midfield depth doesn't look to bad at all.

Such a shame his back isn't letting him play. He is a gun in full flight.

Feels like a distant memory (Armo of 2015) but gee it would be nice to see him get back amongst it.

Give him a full preseason, potentially snag Kelly and then add in the Freeman wildcard, the midfield depth doesn't look to bad at all.

Sounds good...and which three are you dropping to fit them in? ;)

Looking to list our mids in order and it's not as easy as I thought if you base it on established 22 players...

Stuv
Seb
Newnes
Joey
Stevens
Billings? Not really a mid.

Then it gets harder because the rest aren't regular 22.

So we definitely need 2 more guns as well as internal improvement.

Kelly. Hopefully. We want quicker types if possible.

Armitage, Stevens, Steele reasonably similar to Rockliff although not as good.

Was thinking both Kelly & Rocky ......hehe

I really hope Armo can get back to his best next year , we have missed him this year. If we make the finals it will be interesting to see if they play Armo assuming he gets fit and hits form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back