Roast Our misfortune playing sacked coach/milestone games!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess you mean the Saints getting up against a "lesser" side

Welcome to the board, peon. Not sure if we asked for a witless St Kilda perspective.

And I'd just stopped hating your supporters, mainly because you're irrelevant again.

From our own backyard we have a 100% record of winning after changing coach during the season since 2000:

2011: Rodney Eade departs after R21 and Paul Williams takes over, we defeat Port Adelaide by 60 points in R22.
2001: Terry Wallace departs after R21 and Peter Rohde takes over, we defeat Collingwood by 41 points in R22.
So if a win over Adelaide is needed in Rd 23 to make the finals ... should we sack Bevo?

I wonder what the cause is? I would say at least in part as it becomes very hard for one team to prepare the week proceeding (new strategy implemented and mixed with excitement...)

Welcome to the board, peon. Not sure if we asked for a witless St Kilda perspective.

And I'd just stopped hating your supporters, mainly because you're irrelevant again.

The immediate hostility is both unnecessary and highly amusing to be fair.

Richardson was one of Peter Rohde's assistants, I can see where he learned his winning ways. He was one of Brett Ratten's assistants at Carlton too.
Yet Brett has since learned under Clarko. I don't think this will be the same Brett as his Carlton days. I have a small suspicion he undermined Richardson to get back to senior coaching.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I know this can often happen but it's so infuriating. If you are capable of lifting and performing that extra 1%, then why not do it every game? They are professional and highly paid athletes.

I don't think anybody in any job or sport could honestly look back, and I mean honestly, and say I couldn't have given any more. That time you didn't chase as hard or far or what have you, nobody goes at 100% all the time

I hear that Alan Richardson doesn't have much on this week.
Could we sub-contract him as our 'goal kicking' coach and maybe pick his brains on one or two other things?

Sorry guys. Wasn't on purpose.

Reckon it will be third time lucky for you on the weekend though.

(I mean you guys will win in case it sounded the other way)
Maybe your number 1 fan, the Big ShitShow can show you how to win, yanno, like the World Cup.

I hear that Alan Richardson doesn't have much on this week.
Could we sub-contract him as our 'goal kicking' coach and maybe pick his brains on one or two other things?

Tbh - I would not be surprised if he ends up at our club in some capacity next year as either a senior assistant or football operations role.

Which I would be pleased with as I think that's a role he's actually very good according to everyone who played under him with us, Collingwood and Port.

Maybe Beveridge will be extra motivated to perform against st.kilda this week in the same way dahlhaus was last season against cats

You may not be aware, but Alan Richardson was an assistant coach to Peter Rohde the year we last won the spoon (2003).

I don't think Alan should waste too much time thinking about re-applying to join our coaching group.
That name should never be mentioned on here. Never. That also goes for Royce Hart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Allan Rolls Royce 'worst premiership coach ever' Joyce?
No way. He got us into the Finals. The other two couldn't even spell Finals. If not for that bastard, Billy Brownless... :mad: That's 25 years ago and I can still feel the disappointment.

Can we have another look at Beveridge's contract, see if he can get out of it and go to StKilda next year.

At this juncture I would like to offer the solution of sacrificing either Jason Johaniesen or Sam Lloyd to the football gods.

It ain't just emotional s**t, a new coach comes in and immediately changes things up. Things you can't really prepare for because it may be the first time, but they know all your structures. Players also play care free and with increased freedom to be really aggressive offensively.

This is where not having runners can really hurt - if a team brings a completely different structure and tweaked game plan under a new head coach, can't make major structural changes until quarter time and by then the horse has bolted (especially teams with a lack of experienced leadership).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back