Opinion Our most exciting player

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to include someone that doesn't have a contract, and may not get one, but Will Walker has a lot of qualities that I'd rate as exciting and a little mercurial. Just hoping the club sees it the same way over the next couple of weeks.

LDU will be the best out of our kids. I have no doubt.

Simpkin will be our most consistent.

Tarryn & Stephenson will be our most flashy.

Seems a reasonable assessment. I think Taylor and Perez could elevate themselves into that group as well, and who knows what Comben can be.

Curtis Taylor for me. Reminds me of LT in that he can split a pack and win it on the ground.
Can sit on heads too.

Got a feeling Curtis or TT will take MOTY in the near future and it maybe one of the MOTC..

In no particular order..

Jy
Curtis
Perez
Tarryn
LDU
McKay
Larkey
Coomben
Zurhaar
Kyron
Stevenson
Xerri
Atu
Pick 2
Pick 11
(hopefully WW)

That’s a seriously talented core group to start building our dynasty side around.

The future is bright for the Royal Blue & White!

In no particular order..

Jy
Curtis
Perez
Tarryn
LDU
McKay
Larkey
Coomben
Zurhaar
Kyron
Stevenson
Xerri
Atu
Pick 2
Pick 11
(hopefully WW)

That’s a seriously talented core group to start building our dynasty side around.

The future is bright for the Royal Blue & White!

Let's hope it turns out that way mate.

To me injury and fitness is crucial.

I'm not blaming anyone but a change of luck would be nice for our young players.

Let's hope it turns out that way mate.

To me injury and fitness is crucial.

I'm not blaming anyone but a change of luck would be nice for our young players.
To me that's a major concern.
We've been terrible the last few years on the injury front.
However I do feel our delistings have removed a fair bit of injury risk.

Larkey has been nominated.

I agree. Could he be a star?

It's important he delivers (hopefully) as he's had plenty of VFL time now step up now Brown gone.

Last edited:
Larkey has been nominated.

I agree. Could he be a star?

It's important he delivers (hopefully) as he's had plenty of VFL time now step up now Brown gone.
He seems very reliable already- set shots are a treat and presents well at the ball

hopefully helps Comben accelerate his growth this year too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He seems very reliable already- set shots are a treat and presents well at the ball

hopefully helps Comben accelerate his growth this year too

Comben yes but our game plan and delivery needs work to give our talls a decent chance.

Last edited:
Ive voting for Tarryn. Haven't heard much since he got injured and basically disappeared only to pop up in some street art not far from Arden St.
Second place LDU. He nearly took hanger of all time this year, might have been a fluke but just timed it perfectly and if that's become part of his game, 70m drill passes will be his side trick.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app
He has done that with the hangers a couple of times. One day he'll nail one.

LDU will be our best player but for me it's between Tarryn and Jy.

Honorable mention to Curtis Taylor.

Plenty of candidates to choose from, and i rate them all, but not much love for Nick Larkey so far, always remember, big men take time, not yet 23yo, and <30 games under his belt, marking and goal kicking technique are A grade, upside is huge, and proven goal kickers are blue chip commodities.
The Ben Brown trade likes this.

In terms of pure excitement it might be Jy. There are a few things he has done around the ball that are seriously good. I remember he somehow sharked a Goldy tap to Jed and had it handballed to Higgo on the outside, seemingly between the time his feet left the ground and when he landed. There is a gif of it somewhere. It was either early last year or 2018.

Could genuinely be any of Jy, LDU or TT.

Add in Taylor, Larkey, Zurhaar, Bailey, Stephenson, McKay, Hayden, Mahoney and I'm really excited for the future. I don't think there's a better crop of young players at any other club in the league right now.

Gold Coast are probably the closest with King, Rankine, Lukosius, Rowell and Anderson.

Port and Freo have some future stars too but I don't think they have as many kids with the upside ours do.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Seriously?

I'd take GC 5 over anything we have. Rowell will win a Brownlow one day and that day isn't far away.

Seriously?

I'd take GC 5 over anything we have. Rowell will win a Brownlow one day and that day isn't far away.
Yeah, I'd say all five of those guys are probably better than anything we have. Noah Anderson the only one who hasn't quite shown it yet but was still quite impressive this year. He might be at the Simpkin/LDU level with the other four another echelon of talent above. Lukosius, King and Rankine looks close to the best first three picks ever.

The good news is that they won't be able to hold onto them all. Rankine I could see going to play for Port in a year or two. Can already picture Lukosius in a Crows jumper. Rowell probably the last to leave, seems super loyal but I don't think he'd stay with them if it all fell apart again. He won't finish his career without a flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back