French Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2004
Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa ,Goldern State
If you could make a market for who you think our next coach would be,what would it be ?

Malthouse 7/2
Buckley 4/1
Cambell,Matthews,Williams 7/1
Hardwick 9/1
Scott,Hird 12/1
Hinkley,Sheedy 16/1
Longmire,Viney 33/1

Etc,Etc

I've got a funny feeling Wayne Campbell will get it,we need some tiger blood
back at the club.

Seriously this stuff about will they want to coach us? Its crap a senior coaching job in the AFL doesnt come up very often there is only 16 of them! There are a lot of people going for them too so someone like Buckley if we approached him or a Hird would be taking a massive risk in turning it down.

I'm all for Campbell being our caretaker for the rest of the year.

Hardwick should be favourite, been an assistant under 2 flags (PA-Williams & Hawks-Clarkson).

His assistant team should be Buckley (he has always said he wanted to be an assistant first) he is the sort of guy who is so regimented, he would have his career path mapped out and wont deviate from it. I believe he feels he will need a year or 2 as an assistant before he is ready to go the top job (about the time Malthouse is finished at the Pies)

Dont rule out Scott Burns for a move back to Melbourne as an assistant either.

To be honest i don't think Bucks will want to coach there, not because Richmond aren't going to great at the moment but because he is a Collingwood man 100%, he would want to coach at Collingwood and if he did coach at Richmond it makes his chances to coach at Collingwood alot less likely.
And if he does i would be very surprised.

NEXT TIGER COACH

$3.30 Wayne Campbell

$5 Damien Hardwick

$8 Jade Rawlings, Nathan Buckley

$10 Todd Viney

$12 Mick Malthouse

$14 Stephen Silvagni

$15 Ken Hinkley, Mark Williams

$17 Brad Scott

$21 Leigh Matthews, David King

$26 John Longmire

$34 Craig McRae

$51 Kevin Sheedy

$67 Denis Pagan, Brian Royal

Supplied by SportsBet, yet to be cleared by AFL HQ

Who's Todd Viney?

If Wayne Campbell gets the job I won't be renewing my membership!! Simple as that, Oh yeah and I also will not be renewing my two sons memberships either. :mad: I am sick of it, just because he is a former player, people on here think he is the best candidate for the job. What a joke!!! We need somebody who has no history with the current playing group and somebody that will demand results!!!! :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Wayne Campbell gets the job I won't be renewing my membership!! Simple as that, Oh yeah and I also will not be renewing my two sons memberships either. :mad: I am sick of it, just because he is a former player, people on here think he is the best candidate for the job. What a joke!!! We need somebody who has no history with the current playing group and somebody that will demand results!!!! :thumbsu:

I agree but I'll be keeping the membership, Wed need someone with some proven coaching credentials who can prove they will give it a decent shot at least some indicators more than sentimental reasons. When it comes to coaching Campbell makes a good cappucino so far.

Hardwick, hinckley .......daylight.......... b.scott ......... lots more daylight.
no matter how much they cost (which wont be anywhere near wallets cheque).

they are the only ones who i believe are the most capable of delivering based on their apprenticeships and demenours.

noone else should be considered until all 3 say no.

and have buckley and s. burns as assistants if available.

Seriously this stuff about will they want to coach us? Its crap a senior coaching job in the AFL doesnt come up very often there is only 16 of them! There are a lot of people going for them too so someone like Buckley if we approached him or a Hird would be taking a massive risk in turning it down.

I'm all for Campbell being our caretaker for the rest of the year.

SORRY to say it, but yr' wrong!!!
Since 1977, the Richmond job has become available no less than 14 times.
14 times in 32 years ... that's less than two and a half years per appointment!!
Only two years ago we got new coaches in Dean Bailey, Brett Ratten, Mark Harvey, Matthew Knights, on top of Ross Lyon the year previous. There's always an opening and people can afford to be picky!!!
At the end of the day, coaches want job security and a chance to implement their plan.
The Richmond job offers little job security and we are only two losses away at any time from the board getting involved!!
Sadly our reputation is ultra-poor.
Do you remmeber the appointment of Frawley???? It was a case of him and Brian Royal wanting the job. Bomber Thompson turned us down, ditto for Mark Harvey and even Tony Shaw for God's sake!!

SORRY to say it, but yr' wrong!!!
Since 1977, the Richmond job has become available no less than 14 times.
14 times in 32 years ... that's less than two and a half years per appointment!!
Only two years ago we got new coaches in Dean Bailey, Brett Ratten, Mark Harvey, Matthew Knights, on top of Ross Lyon the year previous. There's always an opening and people can afford to be picky!!!
At the end of the day, coaches want job security and a chance to implement their plan.
The Richmond job offers little job security and we are only two losses away at any time from the board getting involved!!
Sadly our reputation is ultra-poor.
Do you remmeber the appointment of Frawley???? It was a case of him and Brian Royal wanting the job. Bomber Thompson turned us down, ditto for Mark Harvey and even Tony Shaw for God's sake!!

Exactly Goldie, some short memories around here. If ever we needed to demonstrate a cultural change it was in Wallace's exit strategy which I thought was managed really well. Prospective coaches don't need more reasons to avoid us FFS and it has cost us nothing as our season was gone anyway. This is also why I think no one will sign for anything less than 3 years with termination conditions and those that are prepared to we most likely should avoid!

:thumbsu:

Quote of the day Smithys Clan!

We don't need Campbell. No Way.

We should be making a hard play for Hardwick.

We should be making a hard play for Hardwick.

I dont know anything about Hardwicks coaching ability.

Can I ask why the fascination with him??? He has been turned down twice By Melbourne and Essendon.

Why do people rate him so highly??? he might be a dud that has benefited from riding on the back of Clarksons success.

Alright so I have had a long hard think and If I am going to rant and say Wayne Campbell is no the man I need to back it up, so here goes:

I would have as senior coach either:
P.Roos, N.Buckley, D.Hardwick, J.Blakey, A.Richardson or K.Hinkley (Maybe Malthouse)

with hopefully 3 or 4 strong assistant coaches from this list:
L.Tudor, T.Viney, G.O'Donnell, A.Prescott, R.Smith, S.Burns or P.Williams

Any Opinions????

Thats crap. He might be the best Candidate, becasue he is the best candidate. He might interview the best. Might be the best assistant at the club. You and I don't know.

Im sick of everone saying you have to have a premership or be a hard player to be coach. All you have to do is have the respect of the players and a game plan. Knights was in the same era as Campbell, no success as a player. No success is SA or VFL. Interviewed the best, got the job and is doing great at Essendon. Campbell cant do the same?

Hardwick, Hinkley, Rawlings, Campbell and Buckley are the people i would want to coach us. I guess though, there is a reason why Hardwick has applied for and missed out on two senior jobs.

You have to put your faith in them and the football department.

Alright so I have had a long hard think and If I am going to rant and say Wayne Campbell is no the man I need to back it up, so here goes:

I would have as senior coach either:
P.Roos, N.Buckley, D.Hardwick, J.Blakey, A.Richardson or K.Hinkley (Maybe Malthouse)

with hopefully 3 or 4 strong assistant coaches from this list:
L.Tudor, T.Viney, G.O'Donnell, A.Prescott, R.Smith, S.Burns or P.Williams

Any Opinions????
prescott would make a good senior coach

I think you can pencil in Wayne Campbell for the caretaker job and if he does well they might keep him on as permanant coach .

But seriously Id look at some outside the box ..someone like Malcolm Blight ..hes proven and knows the game as good as anyone and could bring the tigers back to the glorys days of 70s and 80s .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back