News Our new Football Ops Manager - welcome Adam Kelly!

Remove this Banner Ad

Culture guru at the AFC is a poison chalice.

You're basically a scapegoat in waiting.

Don't even need one if you change the toxic clique running the club.

I disagree, profusely. All of the clubs we wish we were invest heavily in positions which help the culture of a club.

Fixing the clique running the club is a massive issue no doubt, however, if we want to keep with the good clubs this helps us begin to bridge the gap at least.

I think it's the opposite actually.

New GM, and Fagan clearly agitated enough to start this process. An extra new face would align themselves with those guys.

I reckon Roo takes a bit more of a backseat this year too, he really didn't enjoy the heat that came for him.
Roo should just piss off

They haven't won diddly in the last few years, but I don't see anyone blaming that on poor culture.
And no team wins every single year forever

They are in the top handful for success in the competition over the last 20 years. Behind oh... the Hawks. Another club with good culture (also won the most)

And no team wins every single year forever

They are in the top handful for success in the competition over the last 20 years. Behind oh... the Hawks. Another club with good culture (also won the most)
Conversely West Coast won a flag and played in another GF with the worst culture ever.

Even the mighty Geelong sides had issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Conversely West Coast won a flag and played in another GF with the worst culture ever.

Even the mighty Geelong sides had issues.

I don't think that's right. They had an excellent culture when it came to giving it all on the track and during the game and striving for success. You're mixing up their success culture with their drug culture. The 2 were working together and not against each other in any way.

Just answering your question,
"How on earth could a bloke teaching sport at a school turn us down for not paying enough?"
Being a director of sport in the largest private school in SA means he would be on a very good wicket, along with tenure, and job satisfaction. As for his Grandstand and media roles that may be more around Job satisfaction. But the money would be handy.

Crows would need to offer overs to entice him away from those roles.

Just answering your question,
"How on earth could a bloke teaching sport at a school turn us down for not paying enough?"
Being a director of sport in the largest private school in SA means he would be on a very good wicket, along with tenure, and job satisfaction. As for his Grandstand and media roles that may be more around Job satisfaction. But the money would be handy.

Crows would need to offer overs to entice him away from those roles.

a chance to re-enter elite sport?

nothing beats that

nothing beats that
If that were the case then every former player would do it.

They don't, and a large portion don't even try

You have never met the bloke have you.

I know him personally, used to be very close back in the day but not seen him recently.

was a no talent baller, but got by through a team first work ethic and being a great locker room guy. That and great side burns 🤣🤣

you keep trying to fake knowledge by reverse engineering decisions that other people make. What’s worse is that it is so easy to spot

I know him personally, used to be very close back in the day but not seen him recently.

was a no talent baller, but got by through a team first work ethic and being a great locker room guy. That and great side burns 🤣🤣

you keep trying to fake knowledge by reverse engineering decisions that other people make. What’s worse is that it is so easy to spot
Good then have a chat with him , get his veiw, We seem to know the same People.
this is not Point scoring

nothing beats that
Not for everyone

But it is unusual that he would progress through the process and then withdraw, if that is what happened. Suggests he does want to re-enter elite sport...just not with us right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back