News Our new Football Ops Manager - welcome Adam Kelly!

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally, I'd rock at this role "Boys, 6 day break, my house everyone bring a slab, I'll crank the BBQ"

Half a dozen Maori boys for security so they don't do anything dumb ( looking at you Atkinson) and they'd have team bonding, pressure releasing, no drugs...illegal anyways and they'd be a team.

Not for everyone

But it is unusual that he would progress through the process and then withdraw, if that is what happened. Suggests he does want to re-enter elite sport...just not with us right now.

I doubt we’re offering a $200k/year on staff role. If we were, he’d probably take it. Compared to his current ‘job for life’, our’s involves risk. And not everyone, no matter how good, is in a position to hand back certainty for opportunity.

If you want to be involved in elite sport, I'm not sure that the AFC is the place to go, based on the evidence of the past couple of years :p

Quite possibly true TBH. The first ‘shake up’ merchant will likely be unpopular and shown the door by a wholly incompetent board. Fagan may go at the same time, leaving Chappy and Roo remaining in complete control. It’s nearly impossible to not think worst case whilst Chappy and Roo wield influence. I hope it’s a changed culture, but nothing has changed at the level that drives it.

I doubt we’re offering a $200k/year on staff role. If we were, he’d probably take it. Compared to his current ‘job for life’, our’s involves risk. And not everyone, no matter how good, is in a position to hand back certainty for opportunity.
Again seems weird that would be a reason to withdraw at the end of the process, if that is what happened.

Would have thought salary expectations would be discussed early on.

Again seems weird that would be a reason to withdraw at the end of the process, if that is what happened.

Would have thought salary expectations would be discussed early on.
Perhaps was hoping to have a bob each way and negotiate a smaller role with the college but they wouldn’t budge. It sounds like he did try to do both. The money range may have been known early, but until you’re offered the gig, you probably wouldn’t sit down with your existing employer to discuss a changed role.

Personally, I'd rock at this role "Boys, 6 day break, my house everyone bring a slab, I'll crank the BBQ"

Half a dozen Maori boys for security so they don't do anything dumb ( looking at you Atkinson) and they'd have team bonding, pressure releasing, no drugs...illegal anyways and they'd be a team.
& make sure they don't drive home drunk or pinching locals bikes...

I know him personally, used to be very close back in the day but not seen him recently.

was a no talent baller, but got by through a team first work ethic and being a great locker room guy. That and great side burns 🤣🤣

you keep trying to fake knowledge by reverse engineering decisions that other people make. What’s worse is that it is so easy to spot
So, reach out to your old mate and catch up...then you can spill the beans 😀

I know him personally, used to be very close back in the day but not seen him recently.

was a no talent baller, but got by through a team first work ethic and being a great locker room guy. That and great side burns 🤣🤣

you keep trying to fake knowledge by reverse engineering decisions that other people make. What’s worse is that it is so easy to spot

How is your pile of ironing coming along?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon some people get institutionalised.

Once you've spent time in police force, army, school system or whatever it's very easy to stay in that environment where you feel comfortable and know it intimately.

Friends I've had in those fields have at times been enticed by jobs in other industries but invariably they gravitate back 'home' after a short period of time.

I reckon some people get institutionalised.

Once you've spent time in police force, army, school system or whatever it's very easy to stay in that environment where you feel comfortable and know it intimately.

Friends I've had in those fields have at times been enticed by jobs in other industries but invariably they gravitate back 'home' after a short period of time.
You can add Universities to that list

I can understand the school thing though. Other than the negative of being around kids all day, you get a crap load of holidays, the pay is reasonable (sure, you can probably get more elsewhere) and from my experience, the demands aren't that high.

Most schools are run by career teachers, who haven't experienced what you'd call best practice in private enterprise, so a lot of the demands around due diligence for procurement, risk assessments, performance measurement, root cause analysis, etc etc just aren't requested.

I can understand the school thing though. Other than the negative of being around kids all day, you get a crap load of holidays, the pay is reasonable (sure, you can probably get more elsewhere) and from my experience, the demands aren't that high.

You're also practically immune from outsourcing, restructuring, corporate takeovers, etc.

The latter was enough to snap me out of my stupour and decide to leave my long-term employer.

You're also practically immune from outsourcing, restructuring, corporate takeovers, etc.

The latter was enough to snap me out of my stupour and decide to leave my long-term employer.
Plus when sales drop, they don't start redundancies!

You can add Universities to that list

Most schools are run by career teachers, who haven't experienced what you'd call best practice in private enterprise, so a lot of the demands around due diligence for procurement, risk assessments, performance measurement, root cause analysis, etc etc just aren't requested.
You don't get a crap load of holidays as a worker in Universities. Just your usual 4 weeks. BUT, students get holidays which means they don't bother you for goodly period of times (if you are unlucky enough to have to work with them)! ;) And if you are in the sciences, you are actually on a 12 month contract. So it depends on grant success as to job security. Wages are reasonable, granted. Super is fab. But job security is crap particularly under this government who doesn't value science.

You don't get a crap load of holidays as a worker in Universities. Just your usual 4 weeks. BUT, students get holidays which means they don't bother you for goodly period of times (if you are unlucky enough to have to work with them)! ;) And if you are in the sciences, you are actually on a 12 month contract. So it depends on grant success as to job security. Wages are reasonable, granted. Super is fab. But job security is crap particularly under this government who doesn't value science.
I believe if the Uni closes, it doesn't count towards your annual leave. Plus isn't there some special leave for training, etc

I believe if the Uni closes, it doesn't count towards your annual leave. Plus isn't there some special leave for training, etc
Yeah, if you are working full time, you get an extra week. And yes there is carers leave etc. Pretty good conditions for a full time worker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back