News Our new Football Ops Manager - welcome Adam Kelly!

Remove this Banner Ad

Well it's more than the no payout Chapman claimed!
He probably isn't being paid out. That.means something very specific. He probably isn't being paid out the remainder of his contract.

Jesus, we have a lot of opinions about what Chapman said. I didn't even hear it, and many others posting here probably didn't either.

Off course it is. Chapman can't even get his story in line with other board members.

Pyke "resigned" so in theory no payment needed to be made.

That a payment was going to be made to Pyke the board would have had to sign if off. How the hell couldn't Chapman know this given that he is the Chair??

It was a flat out lie and that one of the biggest defenders of the club in Mark Bickley was "pissed" at Chapman's response after Roo said there would be a payment.

There you have the level of competence and integrity from the Chairman of the AFC at a time when the supporters were critical of the clubs operations.

But hey Rob Chapman's a good bloke!!
There's a whole bunch of s**t there you don't know.

You don't know the status of Pyke's departure, his contract or what is owed.

You don't know who Pyke directly reports to and who signs off on any payments to him.

You don't know what was paid, but that bit is obvious.

You're guessing, because it suits the opinions you already hold.

And I'm not defending Chapman, who I've said should have left following the Tippett disaster, and who has been here too long.

But the amount of s**t people guess around here to match their pre existing biases is ridiculous.

I’d be happy to roll the dice with Adam Kelly. Cleanskin, talented, highly qualified.

Think he may be just what we need.
Is he qualified? Looks like he's spent all his time so far in the lower leagues, and it's a big step up.

I wonder if Chapman was lying about moving on in the next year or two?
Why did you have to say that but I agree I dont trust him at all. What pisses me more is not so much Chapman himself but why others in the club cant see what this guy is all about, yet we can but we cant do a f*&king thing about it.

Facts? What ******* facts?
Who secretly gives themself a 3 year contract, then less than a month later say their intention is to stand down in a year?

If he really intended to stand down in a year, he would have asked for a 1 year extension.

Fact.

He probably isn't being paid out. That.means something very specific. He probably isn't being paid out the remainder of his contract.

Jesus, we have a lot of opinions about what Chapman said. I didn't even hear it, and many others posting here probably didn't either.
Well perhaps you should listen to what Chapman said before making stupid posts like this one as he clearly lied about Pyke's payout.

When they did the presser pyke deferred the question of a payout to Chapman, as if to say help, what I am I supposed to say here?

Chapman was quick to say it was a resignation rather than termination, so no payout. Then in the next breath he says that talks about that were on going.

Wat.

They’re working out the details of the payout that theyre not going to make. Righto.

It’s naive think that pyke didn’t get a payout and that the figure wouldnt be significant. It’d be a six figure sum.

It’s even more naive to think the club would be transparent about it. After everything that’s happened they shouldn’t be afforded any benefit of the doubt.

“Not defending them, but we don’t know...”

Turn it up. We have a fair idea of how they roll.

Last edited:
If Chapman believed there’d be no payout because Pyke walked away, that would be understandable wouldn’t it?
He'd 100% know what the case would be

As would Ricciuto

And they gave differing accounts because we're compulsive liars

There is no doubt Pyke got paid. He would not have walked away leaving money on the table, despite his bank balance.

The disparity in truth is due to how the club classifies the payment in terms of AFL Footy Department Cap spend.

Chapman and Roo are bad at lying. Probably a good thing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'd 100% know what the case would be

As would Ricciuto

And they gave differing accounts because we're compulsive liars

Spot on.

Just like, everyone is great, you need to trust us, no need for sackings, Burton will be an elite football manager, oh lookout Dunstall just fired him, but that was our conclusion too.

....yeah I remember grinding my feet on his couch.

When they did the presser pyke deferred the question of a payout to Chapman, as if to say help, what I am I supposed to say here?

Chapman was quick to say it was a resignation rather than termination, so no payout. Then in the next breath he says that talks about that were on going.

Wat.

They’re working out the details of the payout that theyre not going to make. Righto.

It’s naive think that pyke didn’t get a payout and that the figure wouldnt be significant. It’d be a six figure sum.

It’s even more naive to think the club would be transparent about it. After everything that’s happened they shouldn’t be afforded any benefit of the doubt.

“Not defending them, but we don’t know...”

Turn it up. We have a fair idea of how they roll.

I’d guess Pyke was on about $600k, so $1.2m contracted. If he offered to walk for $400-$600k to allow the club a fresh start, I think most supporters would understand that’s money well spent. But Chapman is such a bad operator he makes it look underhanded.

If Chapman believed there’d be no payout because Pyke walked away, that would be understandable wouldn’t it?
Surely you aren't that gullible to believe Chapman wouldn't have been across the payout details at the time of the conference...

See my above comment. I think my issue is is that you automatically assume the worse.
No, this is about a lack of honesty & transparency, not about the $'s themselves.

It was a flat out lie by Chapman, which he still hasn't corrected personally (others have).

Are you really happy with someone who openly lies?

I have to be honest and say that I was somewhat underwhelmed with the announcement of Nicks, but if the rumours are true that he's telling the club to chase quality applicants (even if takes 12 months) and would prefer to wait for the right person rather than just putting a bum on a seat then he's just earned a massive tick from me.

Its what jurgen klopp does, he doesn't sign anyone for the sake of signing, but waits till a gun is available then strikes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back