News Our new Football Ops Manager - welcome Adam Kelly!

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why? Because I get frustrated that people mouth off about job performance in online forums, when they have limited information to base their opinions on, and they mostly twist it to suit their existing prejudices?

I think people here openly calling Chapman a liar and making sweeping insults to his character is unfair.

And I say that having previously said that I think he should have resigned following the Tippett scandal.

Mr Apologist everyone, Mr Apologist.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
He is a liar.

And he thinks humans only use 5% of their brain.

Prefer he had nothing to do with any football team I support.

It’s comforting to know that he’s down there 4 days per week injecting his skill set into our operation. Not a hands off Chair, no siree, not Chappo, got his hands in everything he has and doesn’t it just show.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
he goes to Roo and says, “you and I know they hate me and that the club will be better off moving on from me, but I’ve got a 2 year contract and let’s face it, you and the board are equally to blame for what went wrong here. Im happy to say that I’m resigning to provide clean air, but I’m sure as s**t not leaving empty handed. Make an offer that I’m happy with otherwise this could get uncomfortable for all.”
Curious to know if any of the accountants, or anyone on this board for that matter, buy a full set of clubs financials statements from ASIC? I know REH on the Power board does.

Though I imagine these types of payments can probably still be hidden

No, this is about a lack of honesty & transparency, not about the $'s themselves.

It was a flat out lie by Chapman, which he still hasn't corrected personally (others have).

Are you really happy with someone who openly lies?
* me.... I already want him gone! What more do you want?

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
This club is so f’ed. We all knew going so late with the review was going to cause issues finding replacements and yet here we are.

******* morons
Impressive CV really, far far faaaaaaaaar more confident in this bloke running our football program than the bloke we had.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
**** me.... I already want him gone! What more do you want?
Here’s a tip, if you don’t want to be ridiculed, don’t make stupid apologist posts like Chapman might not have known the terms of Pykes payout, that was truly ridiculous and you brought the heat upon yourself.

That was my exact first thought. He’s left that club in a far better position than when he started and obviously left a cultural legacy.

He’s exactly what we need - and he’s a cleanskin.

I reckon the only thing that stops him is Fagan being worried about the competition it would create for his job
Hopefully Fagan is thinking that he would be good for a succession plan.

**** me.... I already want him gone! What more do you want?
Stop rewriting history & be honest about what is happening.

We will get nowhere as a club if we accept/defend clear incompetence & lies/cover-ups.

How’s the difference in qualifications and experience between Kelly and Burton.

Comical if wasn’t so bloody annoying
Well it helps when we go through a proper recruitment process, as opposed to a mate giving another mate a job during their family holiday cruise on a houseboat...

he goes to Roo and says, “you and I know they hate me and that the club will be better off moving on from me, but I’ve got a 2 year contract and let’s face it, you and the board are equally to blame for what went wrong here. Im happy to say that I’m resigning to provide clean air, but I’m sure as s**t not leaving empty handed. Make an offer that I’m happy with otherwise this could get uncomfortable for all.”
I doubt Pyke threatened club & honestly felt he was doing the right thing by AFC by walking away through a contract... but deserves fair compensation, particularly given others undermined our success & his coaching performance.

Stop rewriting history & be honest about what is happening.

We will get nowhere as a club if we accept/defend clear incompetence & lies/cover-ups.
How am I rewriting history? NONE of us KNOW anything. It’s all supposition. Yours no more valuable than mine. Although, granted, yours more likely than mine. 99% of the time when I give an opposing view is because I am playing devil’s advocate. “Have you thought about”. “It could be”. “Maybe”. You are all so damned sure that these people are evil and deliberately doing bad things to our club. When the reality is they aren’t bad people, they generally have good intentions, however they often can’t see the forest for the trees.

Roo was completely flabbergasted that we all thought he was getting jobs for his mates and how much of a back lash he got from his throw away “should go support someone else” line. And you know how much I am not a fan of his, but even I could see how genuinely surprised he was. This is the only reason that external review got off the ground IMO. He absolutely wants to do the right thing... unfortunately he’s not really qualified to do what he’s doing. I remember many of you were all thrilled when he was brought on board - he wasn’t going to take any s**t, he was hard-nosed, uncompromising - didn’t take long for those opinions to change, did it? I’m grateful we had Piggy and co on the review panel, they would have no doubt given Roo a few home truths.

Chappy needs to go... we all know this. We need to encourage other board members to encourage him to stand down. Perhaps a concerted email campaign would suffice?

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Curious to know if any of the accountants, or anyone on this board for that matter, buy a full set of clubs financials statements from ASIC? I know REH on the Power board does.

Though I imagine these types of payments can probably still be hidden
Sorry I forgot to ask deaneus the other night.
He cooked a horrible meal and we haven’t spoken since.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
I thought Chris Davies was from the SACA?
Played for them but didn't work there

Went hard at the head of cricket role or whatever it's called but Jamie Cox got the nod from memory

Played for them but didn't work there

Went hard at the head of cricket role or whatever it's called but Jamie Cox got the nod from memory

The SACA...if ever an organisation needed an external review.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
I thought Chris Davies was from the SACA?
Worked for the Australian Cricketers Association after his playing career for a few years, then went to Woodville and left a year or so after they won the premiership to work for the SANFL.

I believe at the time he was expected to go back working with the SACA, but Port got him instead.

Back