News Our new Football Ops Manager - welcome Adam Kelly!

Mong

Premiership Player
Sep 4, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Crows
I’ve been wondering if we’re appointing an opposition recruiter to the role and therefore will be announced after the draft. Although, probably not.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
It’s obviously Phil for a year
As I said, if it's for a year and we organise a payout for Vozzo then so be it.

He knows the lay of the land, he doesn't have delusions of grandeur and will happily step back once we appoint the real man.

If that's what we do......

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
As I said, if it's for a year and we organise a payout for Vozzo then so be it.

He knows the lay of the land, he doesn't have delusions of grandeur and will happily step back once we appoint the real man.

If that's what we do......
I’m happy to go that way too.

But Caro said tonight Vozzo would want to come back for more than just the same role, Rowie agreed. How safe is Fagan?

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt

But Caro said tonight Vozzo would want to come back for more than just the same role, Rowie agreed. How safe is Fagan?
Of course Rowey agreed, it's what he does.

I think Fages is safe, but that it might be a good time to go perhaps ?? Not sure, but I don't think Craig would mind coming back to Adelaide for the same role.

I don't see us changing chairman and CEO in the same season.

Of course Rowey agreed, it's what he does.

I think Fages is safe, but that it might be a good time to go perhaps ?? Not sure, but I don't think Craig would mind coming back to Adelaide for the same role.

I don't see us changing chairman and CEO in the same season.

Looks like Chappy will have justification for staying on for 2021. :poo:

headache1

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Apr 10, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sacramento Kings, Arsenal

More money and the challenge of fixing our disastrous football department might do it. If he did come and managed to turn things around, it'd be a pretty big feather in the cap and one that could see him start being considered for CEO roles at clubs (assuming he's not at that level already).

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
It was completely predictable - and before people accuse some of us are calling it in hindsight, we said it up front.

We left the review too late, by the time it was completed, everyone of quality was locked away for the 2020 season.

On top of that, you have the architects of our disaster; Chapman and Room, still in control of the Club - while we have made some changes, there has not been a clean break from the mess that has been the last decade, which will undoubtedly be deterring people.

‘18 and ‘19 were two of the most unbelievable examples of organizational delusion and mismanagement you could ever hope to put in a textbook.

If your job was to destroy a workplace from the inside out, you actually couldn’t have scripted the incompetence in the 24 months from the end of the ‘17 grand final to the review. You wouldn’t even have dreamed you could do it that well.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Happy with Kelly if that's the case, good CV.

Wonder what the hold up has been.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Happy with Kelly if that's the case, good CV.

Wonder what the hold up has been.
According to Rucci he’s been on leave.

Got to laugh at Rucci trying to build a case for experience and Harper. Such a s**t stirrer, where did Davies come from.

He also suggested Vozzo to replace KT as CEO.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
According to Rucci he’s been on leave.

Got to laugh at Rucci trying to build a case for experience and Harper. Such a s**t stirrer, where did Davies come from.

He also suggested Vozzo to replace KT as CEO.
If Vozzo was to become CEO they would become a competent club off field.

I'd hope we've approached him about taking over from Fages.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
well there is a new player in town now that we could headhunt - I won't name him but I will give some clues:-

1. He has been a massive flop everywhere he has been,
2. He is known for slamming laptops and for getting up and walking out of meetings.
3. He is known for burning draft picks and generally does not have a clue what to do with draft picks from round 2 onwards.
4. He has courted some of the biggest names in football and failed to secure any of them
5. He comes across as an arrogant fella that will fall out with board and coaching staff

no prizes for guessing who :cool:

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
From the Harper press conference the club just released.

He confirmed that he's doing the role right now.

He said this year but then changed it to in the interim.

Said he hopes the club finds the best person for the role, but if that's him he's happy to do it.

Is it too soon for a sack Harper thread?

Aug 31, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
well there is a new player in town now that we could headhunt - I won't name him but I will give some clues:-

1. He has been a massive flop everywhere he has been,
2. He is known for slamming laptops and for getting up and walking out of meetings.
3. He is known for burning draft picks and generally does not have a clue what to do with draft picks from round 2 onwards.
4. He has courted some of the biggest names in football and failed to secure any of them
5. He comes across as an arrogant fella that will fall out with board and coaching staff

no prizes for guessing who :cool:
Anymore clues

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
‘18 and ‘19 were two of the most unbelievable examples of organizational delusion and mismanagement you could ever hope to put in a textbook.

If your job was to destroy a workplace from the inside out, you actually couldn’t have scripted the incompetence in the 24 months from the end of the ‘17 grand final to the review. You wouldn’t even have dreamed you could do it that well.
AFC, still setting elite standards

Back