The Royal Sampler

Floreat Pica, Bitch!
Nov 26, 2006
Hooray For Science, Woo!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
VFL Magpies
The really bad thing is it forces you to barrack for Essendon and Carlton, because if they win enough games and make the top 8, we'll get to enjoy having beaten them.
Yep, and it means instead of kicking the last five goals of the game like we did on Saturday, it’s best to just kick the last two and rush a few behinds, then play keepings off...

The Dawes

Premiership Player
Feb 19, 2008
Punxutawney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Notts County FC,
of this block of games, it's Sydney at the SCG that causes me the most angst.

Can't remember us ever playing well there and I'm sure Buddy will manage to wind back the years and kick a bag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HFF

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Barcelona, Liverpool, FC Bayern
St Kilda
Sydney
Freo
Melbourne

Leading into the bye it seems like it's an ok run of games but each game here will possess something different for us to navigate so we need to really be on high alert.

We have done a great job so far to this point.

Soaring Magpie

Premiership Player
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
St Kilda
Sydney
Freo
Melbourne

Leading into the bye it seems like it's an ok run of games but each game here will possess something different for us to navigate so we need to really be on high alert.

We have done a great job so far to this point.
If we are seriously challenging, which I certainly believe we are, and a putting together a solid season,we win all 4 of these.
It is time however to start putting together more complete performances, we have been a little inconsistent within games.
I’d love to see them stamp on the throat of an opposition and really produce a flogging.

Quicky

Premium Platinum
May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
Where are we at, 5/5 with 1 to go?
We have done remarkably well especially considering our injuries. This block of games is really setting up our season. I think the past 5 weeks have shown that the teams we played have been tough contests. Three (Ess, Carl, Syd) have been really close games.

Quicky

Premium Platinum
May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
We have two issues to overcome.
1. Injuries to key players
2. Kicking for goal
Yeah agree. Our yips are frustrating. I also think we can improve at the centre clearances. And consistency over the whole game. But we're looking really good overall.

Top Bottom