Opinion Our next 6 weeks: Tougher than it seems

Remove this Banner Ad

No where near as bad as Waverly.

Oh I remember Waverley, as a kid howling sideways gale or bucketing down rain. Luckily we were AFL members and had a spot underneath the big grandstand (Sir Kenneth Luke grandstand was it called?) and it was a bit out of the elements, not like the rest of the ground but still had to pick splinters out of our arses sitting on those hard wooden planks called seats...

Our draw actually looks pretty easy up until round 17, after that it's a tough run again.

Of course, form fluctuates, we'll lose form and we'll run into sides that are running hot. But we'll go into each game as strong favourites in the current climate.

Our draw actually looks pretty easy up until round 17, after that it's a tough run again.

Of course, form fluctuates, we'll lose form and we'll run into sides that are running hot. But we'll go into each game as strong favourites in the current climate.
Spot on. Minimum 16 wins from here.

Had some good wins (W/L wise) last few weeks but i’m Still not convinced we’re as good yet as some say we are. Some saying can’t see a chink in our armour but I have seen on all lines that we can drift in and out of games rather than hold down the foot on the throat and hammer teams. Anzac Day and yesterday’s game to note a couple. We’ve earnt our wins one way or another and but not yet taking other teams apart like 2010/2011 to see us making it to the big dance again. The likes of Geelong and most noting Eagles have already rag dolled us too. Anyone else think similar about the above?

Yeah anyone saying they can’t see a chink in our armour, obviously hasn’t seen us playing a team we don’t match up well on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been a great start to this block of games for us. It was really pleasing to see us grind out a win against Essendon when we were really challenged. Against Port, we really controlled that game. While we did have a poor 2nd quarter, I thought our goal kicking hurt us, and with good teams (which Port are) you aren't often going to have the whole game on your terms.

I think playing us just got tougher than it seems, hit that 1st quarter form often enough and the competition will be trembling.

I like the way we are building, a few guys in there still to hit their straps too. A big four weeks coming up starting with the Blues

We really need to capitalise on the draw opening up a bit now - we have a really tough month from round 17, where we play our bogey side (Hawks), West Coast away, Giants away, and Richmond - whilst I’d expect us to at least split those matches, we really want to have top 4 close to sewn up by then. We should start clear favourites for the next 7-8 weeks, and I’d be disappointed to lose to any of those sides. Chances are we will, but we really need to capitalise on this more comfortable patch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back