Votes: 9 9.5%
  • 2017 Heir Apparent Matthew Crouch

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Frampton to ease selection integrity concerns amongst the members

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

In the weeks since Sloane went down, the four main contenders for this role have been less than brilliant.

Smithers is always good for a long ball out of defence but his delivery in the forward half has been puzzling.

Doedee has done some really perculiar s**t, particularly with ball in hand, foremost against Geelong.

Keays racks up the possessions but cannot kick to save himself.

ROB not only got himself dropped but is still finding new ways to look average against even the most average of opponents.

Is the pressure getting to them?

I honestly don't think any of the four should be the one to get the gig full time once Sloane finally gives it up.

doedee.

Dawson. None of our leadership group do it for me. Dawson will set high standards and drag the team with him.

Rob - Nope. Worst choice of the four by far. he shouldn't be in the leadership group anyway.
Keays - If we were picking someone from the four, it is him.
Smith - Second choice.
Doedee - Needs to focus on his own form. Would be a very vanilla choice.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Dawson. None of our leadership group do it for me. Dawson will set high standards and drag the team with him.

Rob - Nope. Worst choice of the four by far. he shouldn't be in the leadership group anyway.
Smith - Second choice.

Dawson seems to be the right choice.

Sure. But even when we have had two KPDs playing the same Doedee form has applied.

What I mean is that we play with an extra in the midfield, while the opposition plays an extra in defense. So down one end we're kicking it to the spare, and down the other end they are rebounding it fast to one on ones.

We should be spending every effort to create Doedee as a loose player in defense like Tom Stewart at Geelong. Park him in the hole to intercept.

Instead even when he's the third tall we make him play one on one football on ruckmen

What I mean is that we play with an extra in the midfield, while the opposition plays an extra in defense. So down one end we're kicking it to the spare, and down the other end they are rebounding it fast to one on ones.

We should be spending every effort to create Doedee as a loose player in defense like Tom Stewart at Geelong. Park him in the hole to intercept.

Instead even when he's the third tall we make him play one on one football on ruckmen
Ok - I'll agree with that. To do that we need to forget to the idea that Lachlan Murphy is an AFL standard footballer worth playing on that role.
It adds no value, doesn't actually ensure we focus on having a decent midfield where we don't need that sweeper and instead cannabilise multiple other areas of the ground in our development.

Smith - Second choice.

At yesterdays game, he was directing traffic and always giving the young guys help and leadership even though it wasn’t him best game. Really gave the young players around him confidence and assurance when needed and I can’t say I saw it from anyone else bar Tex( our spiritual Captain)
Really wish he never gave it up

At yesterdays game, he was directing traffic and always giving the young guys help and leadership even though it wasn’t him best game. Really gave the young players around him confidence and assurance when needed and I can’t say I saw it from anyone else bar Tex( our spiritual Captain)
Tex is the onfield leader.

Always talking to our guys and when near the bench or off the ground is quite vocal with coaches and players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could hear Hinge directing as well, but yes, it is noticeable how much less talk there is out there post Tex being captain.

I could hear Hinge directing as well, but yes, it is noticeable how much less talk there is out there post Tex being captain.
Hinge isn’t there yet, makes good decisions and is a good kick but his defending one on one leaves a lot to be desired.

it would be beneficial if sloane retained the captaincy next year, it would make it much easier to leapfrog the 4 current deputies and then put Dawson into the role after 2 years at the club with hately, Fogarty and Berry his long term deputies if they continue improving as they have in recent weeks and are automatic best 22 selections.

it would be beneficial if sloane retained the captaincy next year, it would make it much easier to leapfrog the 4 current deputies and then put Dawson into the role after 2 years at the club with hately, Fogarty and Berry his long term deputies if they continue improving as they have in recent weeks and are automatic best 22 selections.
You can't have your captain fighting for selection each week. Sloane is no guarantee to be best 22.

You can't have your captain fighting for selection each week. Sloane is no guarantee to be best 22.
I'm sure we can make room. Back to the SANFL for Hately.

Back