Strategy Our next Chairperson

Remove this Banner Ad

Koch out, Tredders in.

The place is a shambles and anyone from the outside looking in and even more so those close to the club know we are a joke and there are certain cretins in charge who are a joke.

Tredders is Port Adelaide through and through and is the first person to call it all out.

He gets the job.

Koch has been good for us. He will move on in due course, but he deserves our request. Although I think he was a bit off the mark about attendees not understanding Port Adelaide. I am clueless about the rest of the Board, but I am wondering what Brian Cunningham is doing nowadays.

Koch has been good for us. He will move on in due course, but he deserves our request.

“Koch was good for us. He should have moved on in due course, but he stayed beyond our request.”

FYP, yepits2020.

Last edited:
I have no idea, to be honest.

Why do you think he wouldn't work?
Hes not gonna do the corporate stuff, like, at all. He is not cut for networking and schmoozing high fliers.

Hes not gonna do the corporate stuff, like, at all. He is not cut for networking and schmoozing high fliers.

Hypothetically, couldn’t a chairman put in someone else for this kind of stuff?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waz shouldn't be President. Board member definetely, not President.
As part of the argy bargy re not getting a board position, wasnt he basically offered a role on the footy committee and not taken it

Waz shouldn't be President. Board member definetely, not President.

If you asked me this question 3 years ago I would have agreed. But now, I'm not so sure. I'm sure the same things were said about Sticks Kernahan before he became Carlton President.

There's a time and place for everything in life. Right now I look at the circumstances of the Club and see one whereby it has completely lost its way in terms of its core principles, ethos and identity. The Club needs a leader right now who is going to bring that back, reconnect with the fans etc. I can't think of a better candidate in that instance than Warren to reunite the Club and get it headed back in the right direction.

As part of the argy bargy re not getting a board position, wasnt he basically offered a role on the footy committee and not taken it

If you're referring to the comments that Koch made in the paper to Mark Robinson and at the AGM, his comments regarding the football committee were never actually directly said by him to Warren. In fact, Koch's comment re: "learn about the Club" was never told to Warren either - he said it via the media, because David is a gutless prick.

"Stability equals Success"

Is the strategy he introduced and tied his performance, our objectives and our approach to, and it has comprehensively failed to bring success.

Yes sponsorship has improved, and Adelaide Oval has been great (which was largely triggered by the previous admin), but we exist to win premierships and we have failed in 3 SANFL GF's and 3 AFL Prelims. We don't look any closer to a flag than we have at any point over the last 10 years, we are boring on-field, the supporter base has lost all it's enthusiasm and supporting Port has become a chore.

His tenure should be ultimately ranked as a failure, defined by a misguided strategy which was fundamentally flawed.

"Stability equals Success"

Is the strategy he introduced and tied his performance, our objectives and our approach to, and it has comprehensively failed to bring success.

Yes sponsorship has improved, and Adelaide Oval has been great (which was largely triggered by the previous admin), but we exist to win premierships and we have failed in 3 SANFL GF's and 3 AFL Prelims. We don't look any closer to a flag than we have at any point over the last 10 years, we are boring on-field, the supporter base has lost all it's enthusiasm and supporting Port has become a chore.

His tenure should be ultimately ranked as a failure, defined by a misguided strategy which was fundamentally flawed.
Koch's stability mantra is a joke. Ask any high performance athlete and they will straight up tell you that the only road to improvement is to periodically shock your body with fresh, harder efforts. If your body has become accustomed to doing repetitive easy 800 metre runs it needs to be spiced up with hard sprint intervals at threshold thrown into the efforts for the body to improve performance, otherwise your performance will simply plateau and you'll see no improvements in performance.
This club is (at minimum) half a decade into a gigantic plateau phase. What David Koch calls stability, a high performer would call stagnation.
David Koch is an idiot who knows nothing about sport and high performance.

Warren's media experience would put him in good stead for the required communication and networking required of a club president.

I've been impressed with how he has handled the discussion around his views on Hinkley and Port Adelaide when he has been actually engaged by commentators. He has been measured, balanced, thoughtful and articulate. And he has not allowed himself to be pushed into a media-perceived box of rabid Hinkley-hater.

Warren's media experience would put him in good stead for the required communication and networking required of a club president.

I've been impressed with how he has handled the discussion around his views on Hinkley and Port Adelaide when he has been actually engaged by commentators. He has been measured, balanced, thoughtful and articulate. And he has not allowed himself to be pushed into a media-perceived box of rabid Hinkley-hater.
Plus he hasnt continuously gasslit his most important stake holders.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t know the first thing about what sort of background makes a good Chairperson, but Nick Bianco springs to mind when I think of at least a good, honest, valuable board member.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back