• Hardwick

• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah. I get the feeling clarkson could walk in to port Adelaide and offer to coach for minimum wage and the board would hesitate because they were scared of having to actually tell ken he's sacked
I'd be more than happy to tell him for them if it got us Clarko đź‘Ť

The pros of Clarko:
  • known commodity
  • brings club wide change
  • likely brings assistants and a crew with him
  • great marketing tool for the club
  • draws good players
  • refreshed from time off

Cons:
  • cost
  • that cost may also impact the number and quality of assistants, health staff, draft scouts etc
  • looked tired at the hawks
  • does he have what he takes for today’s game?
The other factor with Clarko is his ruthlessness towards captains and club champions (apart from Burgoyne) and how it eventually killed their culture. I also worry he hasn’t adapted his game style and that after Ken we’d be better with a younger coach. Hawthorn sacked Clarkson. They’re currently paying him to not be there - why were they so keen to see him go?

The other factor with Clarko is his ruthlessness towards captains and club champions (apart from Burgoyne) and how it eventually killed their culture. I also worry he hasn’t adapted his game style and that after Ken we’d be better with a younger coach. Hawthorn sacked Clarkson. They’re currently paying him to not be there - why were they so keen to see him go?
Killed their culture?

He won 4 flags making tough calls, has completely bottomed the side out, and yet Hawks STILL are on the same win/loss as our nice guy team, and without yet getting to play the WAFLers.

Malted Milkhouse lost the plot years ago, some of his antics were beyond bizarre when he coached the blue baggers, I am amazed that a newspaper could give any relevance to his opinion pieces in 2022.
Beyond bizarre is right and it stems right back.

I recall when he first got the collinwood gig, he was on the Footy Show and made some lame gag about the Murray River collecting all the crap that Melbourne contaminated it with for Adelaide people to consume. What a charming piece of work he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beyond bizarre is right and it stems right back.

I recall when he first got the collinwood gig, he was on the Footy Show and made some lame gag about the Murray River collecting all the crap that Melbourne contaminated it with for Adelaide people to consume. What a charming piece of work he is.
He's one of those 'why would anyone move to Adelaide' shitbricks

Where did these Hinckley to gws rumours come from? Kane spoke about it last night

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There was talk on the radio today that Josh Carr would be a good candidate for the Port coaching job. Won a premiership coaching in the SANFL and will have spent 3 years as Justin Longmuire's assistant at Freo.
That was Matt Rendell pulling Carr's name out of the blue. I might need to check who manages whom.

Where did these Hinckley to gws rumours come from? Kane spoke about it last night

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

See the Sack Hinkley thread for 5 pages of discussion on it!

Wow, in his tenth year Ken has gotten us to just outside the eight? Why would anybody dream of sacking such a superhero?
Hinkley came to Port when we had 5.5 wins, Primus got us 5 and Buddha a draw.

I reckon Hinkley leaves after 6 wins - reckon we get to 6-11 and he goes

beat Essendon lose to Richmond, Swans, beat the Suns, lose to Freo, GWS and Melbourne.

He will leave us in a better position than he found us. ;)

Killed their culture?

He won 4 flags making tough calls, has completely bottomed the side out, and yet Hawks STILL are on the same win/loss as our nice guy team, and without yet getting to play the WAFLers.
Yeah another s**t take from old mate. The way the AFL is structured, you can't go on winning forever, He pulled a flag out of his ars in 2008, then built the side to a 3 peat from 13-15. The team was always going to take a nose dive after that. He tried to hold on for as long as he could but maintaining a great side after winning coming first 3 years in a row is nigh on impossible. Geelong have manged to stay up post their golden run from 07-11 mainly with their veterans staying fit/good form and playing more than a third of their games at Kardinia guaranteeing them free wins, but they haven't won a flag. Look what happened to the mighty Brisbane and Essendon after their golden period. Look what happened to their legendary coaches. Clarko stayed on too long at Hawthorn, but he won them 4 flags. Even they sacked hin in the end. Nothing lasts forever...

Yeah another s**t take from old mate. The way the AFL is structured, you can't go on winning forever, He pulled a flag out of his ars in 2008, then built the side to a 3 peat from 13-15. The team was always going to take a nose dive after that. He tried to hold on for as long as he could but maintaining a great side after winning coming first 3 years in a row is nigh on impossible. Geelong have manged to stay up post their golden run from 07-11 mainly with their veterans staying fit/good form and playing more than a third of their games at Kardinia guaranteeing them free wins, but they haven't won a flag. Look what happened to the mighty Brisbane and Essendon after their golden period. Look what happened to their legendary coaches. Clarko stayed on too long at Hawthorn, but he won them 4 flags. Even they sacked hin in the end. Nothing lasts forever...
Agree with what you're saying but give some thought to the fact that Hawthorn openly says they think Sam Mitchell is doing a much better job with the same squad. I think Clarkson was brilliant in his time but the game moved on and he didn't. My comment about culture at Hawthorn is he's ruthless at the end of careers - Boak and Gray would have been traded to the gold coast 3 years ago. I'm sure there's a lot of people who wouldn't have a problem with it but I don't think that's the Port Adelaide way, I love that Boak has had 300 games with us and will finish his career with Port. I don't want to see Gray finish at Gold Coast or North Melbourne. If we're moving on from our current coach I'd rather have someone from Melbourne, Richmond, Sydney etc and I'd want a younger fresh optimistic coach. (or Hardwick)

Imagine getting some of Clarkos contract covered as compensation for losing Hinkley
The AFL would then schedule us for 17 Sunday twilight games a year if we pulled that off. :joycat:

Back