• Hardwick

• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

What both saddens and worries me is that we're running out of candidates who know what values the name Port Adelaide equates to for us with long memories and/or a sense of the club's history. This loss is, of course, compounded by Koch's faux Port Adelaide tradition that he has imposed on our team and culture. We are not a little club from Alberton, we are Port Adelaide. We are not a Chairman's plaything, we are a club steeped in a tradition of winning at all costs.
OMG I still remember a day v North Adelaide when some also ran had Jack around the neck on the ground and was trying to roll him over his hip (Webb?). Every Port Adelaide player instinctively came to Jack's aid.Where's that spirit gone? Maybe Carr has that in him still but I fear that he's been 'corporatised'

What both saddens and worries me is that we're running out of candidates who know what values the name Port Adelaide equates to for us with long memories and/or a sense of the club's history. This loss is, of course, compounded by Koch's faux Port Adelaide tradition that he has imposed on our team and culture. We are not a little club from Alberton, we are Port Adelaide. We are not a Chairman's plaything, we are a club steeped in a tradition of winning at all costs.
OMG I still remember a day v North Adelaide when some also ran had Jack around the neck on the ground and was trying to roll him over his hip (Webb?). Every Port Adelaide player instinctively came to Jack's aid.Where's that spirit gone? Maybe Carr has that in him still but I fear that he's been 'corporatised'
It’s easy to bring it back. Roos did it with Sydney, MacRae with Collingwood

Webb, he had a bit of white line fever. I met him a few years ago, he was genuinely surprised I knew he played sanfl back in the day.

The problem for me is all in timing.

Josh Carr was the option to go all in at the end of last season. We should have spoken to Yze and Kingsley yes, but had we had Carr as our coach this year not one person here could complain.

Now its all gone pear-shaped. Our midfield is heavily underperforming, our players look like they've stopped caring, and our midfield coach is learning his trade from the least successful senior coach in VFL/AFL history. He's part of a loser culture and rather than come in with his own style and bring his own assistants and attitude, he's instead being integrated in to a system we know does not work in big games.

I don't know what the plan is from here - it seems clear even if we did go out and get someone we lack the risk appetite to actually back them in to change the gameplan and get their assistants across too.

It feels like we'll just end up getting Carr and crossing our fingers that things might change.

Aside from Carr, who actually is about now out of interest, now the better names all have clubs. Clarko, Hardwick, Kingsley etc.

Genuine question.
So what you're saying is, who are we gonna get?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won’t get him because dis club…but I’d be interested in pursuing James Rahilly.

I would throw everything I could at Chris Scott. And tell him he could choose his assistants.

FFS we have so many big sponsors now, use their dosh.

He would never be accepted as he would want to do it all his way.

The problem for me is all in timing.

Josh Carr was the option to go all in at the end of last season. We should have spoken to Yze and Kingsley yes, but had we had Carr as our coach this year not one person here could complain.

Now its all gone pear-shaped. Our midfield is heavily underperforming, our players look like they've stopped caring, and our midfield coach is learning his trade from the least successful senior coach in VFL/AFL history. He's part of a loser culture and rather than come in with his own style and bring his own assistants and attitude, he's instead being integrated in to a system we know does not work in big games.

I don't know what the plan is from here - it seems clear even if we did go out and get someone we lack the risk appetite to actually back them in to change the gameplan and get their assistants across too.

It feels like we'll just end up getting Carr and crossing our fingers that things might change.

Carr is going to have to stick with current system and may not have the power introduce his own ideology with a clean slate. Might be poison chalice for him at PAFC. I hope he has the strength to tell Kochie and Richardson that it is his way or the highway.

I'm assuming Carr has at least half a brain, and would have worked out by now that Hinkleyball stinks. So I'm not overly worried that he wouldn't change things. Kingsley was obviously the big miss. He radically changed the way GWS played, it took them half a season last year to get it right, but they've been humming ever since.

I'm assuming Carr has at least half a brain, and would have worked out by now that Hinkleyball stinks. So I'm not overly worried that he wouldn't change things. Kingsley was obviously the big miss. He radically changed the way GWS played, it took them half a season last year to get it right, but they've been humming ever since.

Everyone hated Bass, loved Schofield but guess what really hasn't changed, the game plan (Hinkley), i'd like to think Carr has his own ideas.....

Boot Ken after we get done next week - give Carr a test run the rest of the year.

This thread is 7 years old. Sheesh.

To answer the question, I don't know. Put an ad in the Trading Post or whatever and see who applied. There's bound to be a capable assistant somewhere who would jump at the chance with our list, probably for less than we currently pay the idiot-in-chief.

Either that or Schofield.

Back