Strategy Our Next Coach

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We could still save some of these new players. He has to.go before he ****s them as well.

When west coast destroy us next week we have to part ways or we need to prepare for 3 more years of mediocrity.
West coast are going to destroy us in a week?

Pffttt why?

Cause they are playing at home? Are a vastly superior team with structure? Recent history?

Pfft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pt Augusta Power

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Prophet of doom arrives on cue
Yep, someone starts a thread talking about getting a new coach.....

I’m the prophet of doom. When do you think it’s time to panic- 2 years into Kens next 4 year contract?

Things have been pretty great the last four years. Everyone else seems to be positive about the future too?

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Jamaica Bob Sled FC
Off all the current members of our coaching panel, Monty is the clear standout. He has a good football brain & is an excellent communicator. If we are fortunate enough to need a caretaker coach in the near future (one can only hope), he’d be my first choice.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thread starter #110
Interesting someone on the crows board yesterday has started their own next coach thread not that I care but probably got the motivation from our board

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FineWines11

All Australian
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Off all the current members of our coaching panel, Monty is the clear standout. He has a good football brain & is an excellent communicator. If we are fortunate enough to need a caretaker coach in the near future (one can only hope), he’d be my first choice.
You do realise Schofield is with us too right?

The Rubber Man

All Australian
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Said this in another thread without realising this one existed.

But I'm keen for Francou. What he and dew have done at the suns so far this year with the spud of a list they have is impressive. Obviously have to wait and see how the rest of the year goes for them, if they go the rest of the year without a win, thoughts will be changed.

Plus his long period at Sydney and refusing to be apart of a rabble of a coaching staff at adelaide has made me a fan.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Crowds are going to be aami stadium levels by midway mark of the season.

It’s getting that bad
I do not think so.
Our support base doesnt have heaps of dollars to splash around.
They have paid up this year and they will come.
Next year is the worry.
But its pretty early to be predicting anything.

AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
The Mighty Blacks
If Hinkley goes with 5-6 games before the end of 2019 or 2020, Voss and not Schofield will get the caretaker's job.

The admin/board loves Voss as much as Hinkley. Would those in charge be able to turn down a 3 time premiership captain to be the new coach? Could they handle the media fall out?

Would the assembled coach selection panel be independent enough and tough enough, to make a decision which is so crystal clear cut that Voss isn't the man, that the admin/board has no choice but go for their preferred candidate?

Last edited:
Top Bottom