• Not Ken, but I trust the club to pick the best candidate

• Hardwick

• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.
We have to make the call. Otherwise we risk not being able to attract a significant coaching talent.

Outsider aside, it has to be Schofield.

My bet is Bassett becomes caretaker and gets given the job.

images (81).jpeg

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
`Elevate' Hinkley to Director of Coaching, he can play golf and do some of the PR stuff while a coach does the football.
Has to be this. With it clear to the AFL world he’s there for the paycheque so he’s unemployable afterwards. Or he can negotiate a termination and we’ll let him publicly say the burden got too much and him and the family need time away from football and everyone can cry crocodile tears and he can get a job elsewhere in 2021 saying he’s refreshed. Less money now, but gets work later so more over the long run and not going out with a reputation completely trashed.

Mar 10, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
lol if Schofield was named Roy Laird or Nathan Bassett, everybody would have said he was s**t before a game had been played, and he would be getting shitcanned now for our clearance numbers v Richmond reserves. Instead he is ready for the top job.

Truth is the guy is probably hopeless. Why else would he come here.

It was a flippant remark but I'm actually a bit on board with Hinkley to DoC until contract expiry. There are some things he's great at, probably things he doesn't really get to do as senior coach.

- All the Geelongies loved him as a development coach, so he could do a bit of that as needed
- Ear open for the new senior coach to vent with during their adjustment to senior coaching (I feel that was what Hart was to Hinkley)
- Mid week pressers and such
- Maybe (?) a place on the selection committee. Maybe.
- Trips to the APY lands, involvement with the womens and indigenous teams
- Opposition analysis, send him around the country to try and break opponents
- Part of the `wine and dine' crew to lure players to Port, he's probably superb at that

Pretty sweet gig, but its all stuff that someone has to do, so why not Hinkley while we're paying him anyway

We could still save some of these new players. He has to.go before he *s them as well.

When west coast destroy us next week we have to part ways or we need to prepare for 3 more years of mediocrity.

ozph1870

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 3, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
dallas cowboys ferrari f1
We have to make the call. Otherwise we risk not being able to attract a significant coaching talent.

Outsider aside, it has to be Schofield.

My bet is Bassett becomes caretaker and gets given the job.

View attachment 653937
That's me out if that happens.

Schofield has to get the job, that's what we got him here for, pointless naming a caretaker coach when Schofield is already here.

Back