• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Prophet of doom arrives on cue
Yep, someone starts a thread talking about getting a new coach.....

I’m the prophet of doom. When do you think it’s time to panic- 2 years into Kens next 4 year contract?

Things have been pretty great the last four years. Everyone else seems to be positive about the future too?

Sewer de Lance

Premiership Player
Feb 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Jamaica Bob Sled FC
Off all the current members of our coaching panel, Monty is the clear standout. He has a good football brain & is an excellent communicator. If we are fortunate enough to need a caretaker coach in the near future (one can only hope), he’d be my first choice.

Iwish

XUS NEK
Apr 22, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Interesting someone on the crows board yesterday has started their own next coach thread not that I care but probably got the motivation from our board

Revan11

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Off all the current members of our coaching panel, Monty is the clear standout. He has a good football brain & is an excellent communicator. If we are fortunate enough to need a caretaker coach in the near future (one can only hope), he’d be my first choice.
You do realise Schofield is with us too right?

The Rubber Man

Club Legend
May 1, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Said this in another thread without realising this one existed.

But I'm keen for Francou. What he and dew have done at the suns so far this year with the spud of a list they have is impressive. Obviously have to wait and see how the rest of the year goes for them, if they go the rest of the year without a win, thoughts will be changed.

Plus his long period at Sydney and refusing to be apart of a rabble of a coaching staff at adelaide has made me a fan.

Lawnchair Larry

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Crowds are going to be aami stadium levels by midway mark of the season.

It’s getting that bad
I do not think so.
Our support base doesnt have heaps of dollars to splash around.
They have paid up this year and they will come.
Next year is the worry.
But its pretty early to be predicting anything.

If Hinkley goes with 5-6 games before the end of 2019 or 2020, Voss and not Schofield will get the caretaker's job.

The admin/board loves Voss as much as Hinkley. Would those in charge be able to turn down a 3 time premiership captain to be the new coach? Could they handle the media fall out?

Would the assembled coach selection panel be independent enough and tough enough, to make a decision which is so crystal clear cut that Voss isn't the man, that the admin/board has no choice but go for their preferred candidate?

Last edited:
If Hinkley goes with 5-6 games before the end of 2019 or 2020, Voss and not Schofield will get the caretaker's job.

The admin/board loves Voss as much as Hinkley. Would those in charge be able to turn down a 3 time premiership coach? Could they handle the media fall out?

Would the assembled coach selection panel be independent enough and tough enough, to make a decision which is so crystal clear cut that Voss isn't the man, that the admin/board has no choice but go for their preferred candidate?

Here's a novel idea: sack the admin/board along with Hinkley and Voss.

That way, we can get a board that actually invests in the China Strategy and get a new coaching group (headed by Schofield and with Good Bloke Luke Hodge as senior assistant) at the same time.

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

The admin/board loves Voss as much as Hinkley. Would those in charge be able to turn down a 3 time premiership captain to be the new coach? Could they handle the media fall out?

Voss is senior assistant and currently out ranks Schofield so yes you’d expect him to got the caretaker role - that does not mean he’ll get the Senior gig in a new season.

Voss is senior assistant and currently out ranks Schofield so yes you’d expect him to got the caretaker role - that does not mean he’ll get the Senior gig in a new season.
Didn't say he would, but a selection panel will make the decision and it will depend who is on the selection panel as to how much Voss is favoured, and if reports I have heard over the years are correct, Chris Scott was the preferred candidate of the selection panel to replace Choco, but the board went with Primus - as they couldn't handle the fall out of basically sacking the son of the patriarch, plus a club great in his own right - and then reject a very popular ex club captain.

Back