• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's how this is done.

The club go to Hinkley and say 'you are done'. The two parties then come to an agreement on termination. You don't pay out the full contract, only part of it. Hinkley then fronts the media and resigns, saying he's done all he can but it's time to move on. As a result, Hinkley retains enough personal currency to get a job somewhere else, which is the crux of why he's happy to take only a partial payout.

Everyone wins. I've actually got a feeling that this will happen this year. Only a matter of when really.

If not, next year, which means 2020 would be eerily similar to 2010: Anniversary year for the club, club having performed poorly for a few years, coach then sacked midway through.

Need a coach who can win silverware like Pep Guardiola. 3 different leagues, multiple championships in each league.

Need a coach who can win silverware like Pep Guardiola. 3 different leagues, multiple championships in each league.
I prefer a Klopp, despite his worst record. Coaching Borussia and Liverpool is harder than coaching Barcelona, Bayern, and City; and we would be similar to Klopp's teams than Guardiola's.

Obviously they dont want anything spoiling the big anniversary but I couldn't care less about celebrating 150 years, I just want this club to be successful now and in to the future.
Do the right thing and make our 151st year a good one.

Yea, i am hopefull. But its a huge amount of money he is on. He will never see that kind of salary again.

Our only real hope of him going before his contact is out would be a club Carlton offering him the senior coaching gig with enough years that it outweighs the loss in salary. Maybe then we'll agree to a smaller payout.

Thankfully the last year (is apparently) performance based so if's clear to him he wont be meeting the triggers maybe he walks, but again that is reliant on another club offering him a good enough deal. Maybe long term senior assistant role.
Exactly what I heard re his last year of the contact 2021 so we would only have to pay out 2020. I think it was part of this alleged bonu
I’ll take it if it means we can take as much power from Hinkley as possible. Maybe he’ll chase a senior job somewhere else.
Ken wont get another senior gig after he finishes with us. He will just sail off into the sunset coke zero in hand

Exactly what I heard re his last year of the contact 2021 so we would only have to pay out 2020. I think it was part of this alleged bonu
Ken wont get another senior gig after he finishes with us. He will just sail off into the sunset coke zero in hand

Not 100% on if we would or wouldn’t have to pay out that last year, depends what the condition that triggers that year actually says.

If he can not possibly meet the conditions then probably not. If he could then he can argue he isn’t being given the chance.

Yea can’t see it happening, but we can dream Carlton or Norf are stupid enough.

Obviously they dont want anything spoiling the big anniversary but I couldn't care less about celebrating 150 years, I just want this club to be successful now and in to the future.
If they sort it out now it won’t ruin our 150th

Jarrad Schofield has spent 4 rounds as an AFL assistant coach. Hinkley spent 9 seasons as an assistant, Clarkson and Adam Simpson spent 3 each. Even the youngest coach in the league, Brendan Bolton, spent 5 years as an assistant at Hawthorn.

As much as we all laud Schofield as some sort of messiah, he hasn't been around an AFL coaching box nearly long enough to be a candidate in the unlikely scenario that Hinkley gets sacked this season. Brett Montgomery or (hope not) Michael Voss would be far more likely to get the nod.
Nathan Buckley says hi.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I reckon even old mate would be a chance for some silverware if he could pay his squad multiples of what most of his competitors are paying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Success with Subiaco has to be measured . They are by some distance the wealthiest club in WAFL . This huge part of success they had had . They've not missed a beat with the departure of Schofield , thumping all .
Hold the fort - 5 wins, 0 losses, 180%

Maybe we promote this guy to head coach with Schofield as Senior Assistant.

Would anyone consider the man we apparently should have taken at the end of 2012, Brett Ratten?

Carlton were the best they've been since 1999 under him and he spent time at the Hawthorn juggernaut and has possibly made a difference at St Kilda this year considering their improvement.

150th celebrations arent going to mean much if this s**t keeps up.

You're not thinking about this ruthlessly enough. Boydman has outlined it a few times. His option isn't to stay on as senior coach. His option is for his senior coach position to be redefined so that his role is now to sit in a back office and do nothing. And then you come back and ask if he's happy to resign and take a half payout.
Boydman? That's a name I haven't heard in a while....

Unlikely to happen but why wouldn't we have a crack at Clarkson?
He may not want to leave Melbourne but he's done it previously.
He would command huge money but you'd get it back in membership and sponsorship.
This young group of players coming through would be amazing under his guidance.

Back