• Not Ken, but I trust the club to pick the best candidate

• Hardwick

• Schofield

• Buckley

• Montgomery

• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.
I prefer a Klopp, despite his worst record. Coaching Borussia and Liverpool is harder than coaching Barcelona, Bayern, and City; and we would be similar to Klopp's teams than Guardiola's.
I reckon even old mate would be a chance for some silverware if he could pay his squad multiples of what most of his competitors are paying.

What Pep has that Ken doesn't have, is a system and method that he believes in, has been tested time and again and works, and he gets his players to buy into, because he fits the players into the system.

I don't know if bomb the ball inside 50 is our system, or it is because that's all the players can do.

Sure having the biggest bank accounts to buy players helps, but talent alone doesn't win championships. I don't think the last 3 premiers had the best list at the start of the season, but a combination of playing to the coaches system and believing in that system and each other is key.

If it was talent alone GWS would have won a flag in the last couple of years, or will win one this year.

Pep struggled in his first year at City after so much success elsewhere. But rather than change the system he changed the way he delivered his message and has produced the 2 highest points won seasons in English top level football history - if you adjust previous seasons when 2 points were awarded for a win to 3, as per this graphic I saw before last nights game.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/round-ball-code-talk.1046531/page-80#post-60847657

As Hardwick talked about before and after the 2017 GF, he sat down and said he had to change, he was the problem, he had to deliver the message better and believe more in the players, not change the system. Pep did a bit of that after the 2016-17 season.

Bottom line, he came thru a proven system, he knows it backwards, he won titles as a player with that system, he then won titles as a manger with that system at the same club as he played for, and he was able to explain the system, in a different language to his mother tongue in 2 other countries and was prepared to adjust things without making wholesale changes, like we seem to at the end of 2016, then 2017 and then again in 2018.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
What Pep has that Ken doesn't have, is a system and method that he believes in, has been tested time and again and works, and he gets his players to buy into, because he fits the players into the system.

I don't know if bomb the ball inside 50 is our system, or it is because that's all the players can do.

Sure having the biggest bank accounts to buy players helps, but talent alone doesn't win championships. I don't think the last 3 premiers had the best list at the start of the season, but a combination of playing to the coaches system and believing in that system and each other is key.

If it was talent alone GWS would have won a flag in the last couple of years, or will win one this year.

Pep struggled in his first year at City after so much success elsewhere. But rather than change the system he changed the way he delivered his message and has produced the 2 highest points won seasons in English top level football history - if you adjust previous seasons when 2 points were awarded for a win to 3, as per this graphic I saw before last nights game.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/round-ball-code-talk.1046531/page-80#post-60847657

As Hardwick talked about before and after the 2017 GF, he sat down and said he had to change, he was the problem, he had to deliver the message better and believe more in the players, not change the system. Pep did a bit of that after the 2016-17 season.

Bottom line, he came thru a proven system, he knows it backwards, he won titles as a player with that system, he then won titles as a manger with that system at the same club as he played for, and he was able to explain the system, in a different language to his mother tongue in 2 other countries and was prepared to adjust things without making wholesale changes, like we seem to at the end of 2016, then 2017 and then again in 2018.
A Billichick, then. I think we can all agree on his name.;)

Focus on smart players, and building systems that explore their qualities and hide their defects.

Pity we carnt spend 200m pounds buying everyone ;)
The money helps but no point buying the best players if you can't make them work together. City group were spending the money long before Pep got there.

NEGAN

Premium Gold
Apr 26, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The media rarely come down hard on Ken for some reason.
It is a travesty watching our players on their last legs because they have to work so hard for the repeat entries just to see it pissed away time after time.
Physically and mentally fatiguing.
Just imagine if all that effort was rewarded with goals.
What a team we could be.
I am still in awe at how they FAP over him on AFL 360 and the like....it's like I am waiting for the penny to drop and they go after him....

But nope they are bamboozled by him,

I think he still has credits in the bank over his 2013-14 recovery of our club.

I am still in awe at how they FAP over him on AFL 360 and the like....it's like I am waiting for the penny to drop and they go after him....

But nope they are bamboozled by him,

I think he still has credits in the bank over his 2013-14 recovery of our club.
Because he speaks good, simple, honest sounding clique driven bullsh*t, that they think is folk-see and they can understand.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Unlikely to happen but why wouldn't we have a crack at Clarkson?
He may not want to leave Melbourne but he's done it previously.
He would command huge money but you'd get it back in membership and sponsorship.
This young group of players coming through would be amazing under his guidance.
At least 12 other clubs would be after Clarko

If the media s**t can him like we do, he won’t be back, got to be politically correct and all. Plus can bully AFL products. When he is finally sacked it would be tough call, he’s a good coach, unlucky he was at Port smaller budgets, injuries etc.

Oct 5, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
There are no other teams
No idea who our next coach will be and I may be imagining things, but the past couple of press conferences from Schofield and Montgomery have had language that has made me think they may well be on a different page to Hinkley.

I was most interested by the quote from Montgomery, from today's press conference, where he said "We were up for the fight, but the fight needed to be harder, stronger and better designed". The "better designed" is interesting. There was another one about Westhoff and his flexibility and his strength being in the ability to move him around. That's different to Ken's philosophy of letting him rot at Full Forward.

Back