• Other

• Carr

Results are only viewable after voting.

AFC AFeederClub

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The chocolate chaps numerous bizarre antics were troubling for a long time but he lost me completely a couple of years before he was sacked when we were 4 goals up and with momentum in a game against the wobblers in Melbourne and the players, obviously under instructions began to hold the ball up and play that keepings off BS about 5 minutes before half time.

Malted Milkhouse must have thought it was his birthday, we gave momentum back without a whimper and the wobblers scored 2 goals to reduce the deficit to about 10 points at half time, and then they got on a roll early in the 2nd half, resulting in the fat lady searching for the listerine by 3/4 time.

It was dreadful coaching, and that combined with his el bizzaro stuff makes it a big NO from me for Choco ever getting any type of official gig at Alberton again!
i agree, i was always a little critical of his match day coaching but he knows what makes a player tick and development from the transition period in the first couple of years in the AFL system is so important. Turning players into complete professionals and getting the best out of themselves as player is Choco's bread and butter.

it wasnt so much gold passes but a choice between Daniel Stewart or Matthew Westhoff, Matt Thomas v Mitch Banner, Troy Chaplin v Nick Salter. There wasnt much choice there really.

he created a massive divide in the club due to these gold passes which extended beyond selection but how he spoke and treated players. I recall whispers some of these divides were along racial lines.

I also know he treated club staff with disdain, walking through the office yelling "you're all fkd". hardly a way to treat people on $15-$25 an hour

AFC AFeederClub

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
he created a massive divide in the club due to these gold passes which extended beyond selection but how he spoke and treated players. I recall whispers some of these divides were along racial lines.

I also know he treated club staff with disdain, walking through the office yelling "you're all fkd". hardly a way to treat people on $15-$25 an hour
whoever your source is, they must be on the good stuff

AFC AFeederClub

Club Legend
Nov 23, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

thats why he wanted junior burger as captain, because he's a racist and want to poke fun at his own captain after ever loss, turn it up mate!

thats why he wanted junior burger as captain, because he's a racist and want to poke fun at his own captain after ever loss, turn it up mate!

please quote where I said aboriginals were treated worse than others

Took a significant pay cut.
The coaches and head fitness guys made a pact with the covid cuts, that they would all take a cut and remain at Port for 2020 and 2021 to limit the amount of people who had to be let go.

Don't know if it was an equal percentage, 30% has been put out there, no idea if Hinkley took a larger cut % wise.

Anyway it was unavoidable as soft cap was cut from approx $9.7mil to $6.5mil for both 2020 and 2021.

Question is, did the top 5 or 6 paid coaches take a bigger than standard pay cut??

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
Yeah, I would almost say we swung too far towards favouring the indigenous talent we had on our list. Wade Thompson and Marlon Pickett had a run with little to no SANFL form warranting selection, yet other ‘Anglo’ lads playing good Twos football never got a sniff.

Winganeen

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yeah, I would almost say we swung too far towards favouring the indigenous talent we had on our list. Wade Thompson and Marlon Pickett had a run with little to no SANFL form warranting selection, yet other ‘Anglo’ lads playing good Twos football never got a sniff.

It's no secret Choco has a soft spot for indigenous players.

Last edited:
Our next coach will be over 40 years of age. Reckon it will be awhile before clubs appoint anyone who hasnt had 10+ years coaching post their footy career.

The Fagan vs Shaw experience of the last few years has made sure young inexperienced coaches are a thing of the past.

May 8, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The more interviews that I watch with Brett Montgomery the more hopeful that I am that he will be our next senior coach if we are looking internally for Hinckley's eventual replacement.
Clearly I can only base my opinion on my observations on how Montgomery presents to the media and what actual answers he provides based on the questions presented to him.
I get the impression that Montgomery is very astute tactically, well spoken but also will have that bit of 'mongrel' about him, that desire that a young Ckarkson had when he was an Assistant at Port Adelaide all that time ago.
I'd be interested to hear the perceptions of others in regards to Montgomery.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The more interviews that I watch with Brett Montgomery the more hopeful that I am that he will be our next senior coach if we are looking internally for Hinckley's eventual replacement.
Clearly I can only base my opinion on my observations on how Montgomery presents to the media and what actual answers he provides based on the questions presented to him.
I get the impression that Montgomery is very astute tactically, well spoken but also will have that bit of 'mongrel' about him, that desire that a young Ckarkson had when he was an Assistant at Port Adelaide all that time ago.
I'd be interested to hear the perceptions of others in regards to Montgomery.
Yep Monty seems like the type that is needed to take the final step.

Uncompromising, abrupt and astute.

He would probably burn them out after a few years but thats fine given where we are at right now

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 8, 2021
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The players simply aren't responding to Ken but that also brings into question each and every one of our assistants

By all accounts Montgomery left by choice or was asked to leave the Western Bulldogs just prior to the finals in their Premiership year, 2016.
I'd love to know the reasoning behind that with the general consensus being that he and Beveridge clashed.

By all accounts Montgomery left by choice or was asked to leave the Western Bulldogs just prior to the finals in their Premiership year, 2016.
I'd love to know the reasoning behind that with the general consensus being that he and Beveridge clashed.

I could see Bevo being a hard man, with my way or the highway

Perhaps we need a leader as a head coach, rather than a friend

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

He doesn't clash with Ken - they have a nice old chat and joke most weeks walking out to the start of the game!

Back