• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be comfortable with :

Clarkson
Lyon
Scott
Teague(if he finishes the year as well as he's doing with this initial burst)

I'd be uncomfortable with:

Ratten
Roos

I'd be pretty petrified with:

Voss
Barker
Tim Watson
Bluey Hampshire

The list needs a competant coach. Only a potentially incompetant coach can ef up the hard work that has been done clubwide since the great awakening post 2015.

Agree for different reasons all our remaining 7 games are significant tests Teaugy and the boys, Suns with Dew’s desperation to win, after 2 massive beltings. Crows ,Eagles, Tigers and Cats, will be ruthless, they must win it’s the business end of the season, and Saints desperate to salvage some integrity and build momentum for 2020.
Very interesting to see how it pans out, if we can knock off Suns, Saints and any one of the big 4 squad, we’ll end with 7 wins and I reckon Teaugy will be confident to put up his hand for senior Coach and he’ll be seriously considered.
Hey bmaurizio, how do get 7 remaining games? :think:
Unless you are counting the Coaching selection as another game. o_O

Judd's comments weren't helpful to the Club, its supporters, Teague or the players - pure smart arsery with no point to be made none - pathetic. i've red carded him as anyone with any management credibility.

I hope Teague continues to smash it and Judd.

Judd's comments weren't helpful to the Club, its supporters, Teague or the players - pure smart arsery with no point to be made none - pathetic. i've red carded him as anyone with any management credibility.

I hope Teague continues to smash it and Judd.

I think what Juddy said was wrong and not needed but he’s backed us to the hilt every Monday night this year when we have needed it and done it well. Happy to forget this one.

Ratten's attitude is interesting. I think he would be a really good shot at getting the saints gig. I figure if that was his focus he'd have no interest in the blues. Saying he'd 'consider it' says a lot. Those old blue bagger heart strings would be pulling a bit. A glance over the fence and its gotta look like a pretty cherry ripe gig with our current list. The saints however. They're talking PP's now? Hmm yep.

Listening to 5AA the hypothetical was posed as to which list a potential coach would most likely want to walk into and Carlton got the vote by all the hosts.

I'm on Teague and Ratts. Clarko would be great but he's so far out of the picture for a number of reasons. Could he create another dynasty at the blues? I'm just not sure. He's already the greatest there's been or thereabouts. Love to give him a try but nah just think he's hawks for good.
Lyon, Voss, Roos? nah. Lyon and Roos (so done) are done for different reasons and I think Voss is just too bullish a person. Amazing player no doubt but I just can't see it. Brad Scott? Nah he's had his chance as well. No thanks.

Teague leads the race at the moment. But Ratts still has a solid shot.

Has Teague actually said he wants the job?

That’s the point I made earlier too, does David think he’s ready to take on the responsibility and bruising of being a senior Coach?
I haven’t heard him confirm outright that hes willing and happy to take on the challenges of senior coach post, a very much different brief to an interim short term stint. Can can anyone clarify?

I'd be comfortable with :

Clarkson
Lyon
Scott
Teague(if he finishes the year as well as he's doing with this initial burst)

I'd be uncomfortable with:

Ratten
Roos

I'd be pretty petrified with:

Voss
Barker
Tim Watson
Bluey Hampshire

The list needs a competant coach. Only a potentially incompetant coach can ef up the hard work that has been done clubwide since the great awakening post 2015.

I reckon CFC power brokers with interest in the matter are sweating on Clarkson’s response.
They’re obviously sourcing the best coach possible because they want quicker results and a clear vision to the next premiership.
I think it will be a mature, experienced coach perhaps more hard edged too with a very good track record that will be next on board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s the point I made earlier too, does David think he’s ready to take on the responsibility and bruising of being a senior Coach?
I haven’t heard him confirm outright that hes willing and happy to take on the challenges of senior coach post, a very much different brief to an interim short term stint. Can can anyone clarify?
He has said repeatedly when asked that he loves the job. So I assume that means he wants it. But I think he is not going to big note himself like some do and wants to just earn it. Humble as well as able. What more could a club want when you think about it.

Ratten's attitude is interesting. I think he would be a really good shot at getting the saints gig. I figure if that was his focus he'd have no interest in the blues. Saying he'd 'consider it' says a lot. Those old blue bagger heart strings would be pulling a bit. A glance over the fence and its gotta look like a pretty cherry ripe gig with our current list. The saints however. They're talking PP's now? Hmm yep.

Listening to 5AA the hypothetical was posed as to which list a potential coach would most likely want to walk into and Carlton got the vote by all the hosts.

I'm on Teague and Ratts. Clarko would be great but he's so far out of the picture for a number of reasons. Could he create another dynasty at the blues? I'm just not sure. He's already the greatest there's been or thereabouts. Love to give him a try but nah just think he's hawks for good.
Lyon, Voss, Roos? nah. Lyon and Roos (so done) are done for different reasons and I think Voss is just too bullish a person. Amazing player no doubt but I just can't see it. Brad Scott? Nah he's had his chance as well. No thanks.

Teague leads the race at the moment. But Ratts still has a solid shot.

I'm sure the comment is an honest one, but I wonder if it's motivated by the likely outcomes at St Kilda. If Scott has effectively been lined up for the job, Carlton may be Ratten's best opportunity. Conversely, if Scott isn't in the frame at St Kilda, Ratten suggesting he'd be open to coaching Carlton may prompt a better offer from St Kilda to retain him if they want to avoid more upheaval in their coaching ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back