Our next coach

Who should be our next coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess time and record will have to settle in, before the obvious presents for some folk.
We may not like it, but we were on a road no nowhere under the previous coaching regime and if we weren't.....well, things wouldn't have changed.

Ask him, if he enjoyed being humiliated over and again?
Is it any surprise that Teague welcomed open training sessions again? I wonder why this was even needed to be said? Why would he say that?
I’m not sure how I would ask Casboult and I can see you are worked up about it
Anyway it’s obvious the playing group prefer and want Teague, personally I hope he is appointed

I am certain you will find some bulls**t and won't let it rest. Guaranteed.

HARKER it's interesting how there are more people like this who openly avoid engaging in fact-based dialogue, instead burying their head in the sand and continuing to spew forth opinions with the caveat that "it's my opinion and you aren't going to change it with your facts no matter how relevant they are".

Then to see this garbage... Blue and Blue it's a real shame you've degenerated to posting like this, as there was some good back and forth there for a while.

On the topic, it's obvious to me that the players are still reflecting on their journey under Bolton, and feeling freer to discuss it more openly the more time passes. I think Bolton did a wonderful job at building a culture of inclusion (the latest Benny videos have melted my heart) but from all the interviews I've watched the lads clearly feel better about their footy - both on and off the field. On field it's easy to see why - the wins are coming. Off field it sounds like a broom has gone through the place, which is no surprise to anyone but it is clearly having a profound impact on all including the coaches (as Teague suggested on his Sunday morning appearance, less time in meetings and more time with the boys)

I’m not sure how I would ask Casboult and I can see you are worked up about it
Anyway it’s obvious the playing group prefer and want Teague, personally I hope he is appointed

So in the words of some others - do we let the tail wag the dog?

I don't subscribe to that saying personally, as like most people I work harder because I work for my manager & teammates, not simply because it's my job and I get paid well to do it.

You would hear it all the time - people leave managers, they don't leave roles. There's a lot of truth in that. (It's no law of physics mind you, but it certainly makes a gigantic difference).

I think the overall setup at the club is the strongest it has been since I can recall. Strong off the field, and building on the field.

IMO a few changes are needed in the coaching ranks to secure some more talent at the coal face (assistant coaches, especially Northern Blues and a Senior Assistant, along with our Senior Coach).

This is a good environment to be able to take a risk and back the guy that the players are unanimously playing for. BUT we must learn from history and not "back him like Ratts" - too much was left to one man, and we didn't put the right level of support around him and thus set the club up for failure as a whole.

So while I'm confident it's a new regime with a clear understanding of what it will take (HARKER - letting the baker bake the bread comes to mind!) I'm just nervous that they won't:

1. Back Teague in with a long term contract and support him through thick and thin
2. Put the right support structures around him (like not replacing Neil Craig which among other things basically doomed Bolts )

HARKER it's interesting how there are more people like this who openly avoid engaging in fact-based dialogue, instead burying their head in the sand and continuing to spew forth opinions with the caveat that "it's my opinion and you aren't going to change it with your facts no matter how relevant they are".

Then to see this garbage... Blue and Blue it's a real shame you've degenerated to posting like this, as there was some good back and forth there for a while.

On the topic, it's obvious to me that the players are still reflecting on their journey under Bolton, and feeling freer to discuss it more openly the more time passes. I think Bolton did a wonderful job at building a culture of inclusion (the latest Benny videos have melted my heart) but from all the interviews I've watched the lads clearly feel better about their footy - both on and off the field. On field it's easy to see why - the wins are coming. Off field it sounds like a broom has gone through the place, which is no surprise to anyone but it is clearly having a profound impact on all including the coaches (as Teague suggested on his Sunday morning appearance, less time in meetings and more time with the boys)
I think you missed the irony there mate. Me and Harks have a thing...its all good.
But the fact of the matter is the whole conversation was about reading between lines and extrapolating things that are simply not there. The things suggested may or not be true, but in that article?...Not to my eyes.

As to the sport of knocking the stuffing out of Bolts that gave it his all for our sakes........we can do better than that at Carlton
And by crikey yes I can state my opinions as much as anyone else here. Some of it might even be right...... ;)
Right at the moment my opinion is lets enjoy the ride and let other clubs turn on their own.

You would hate Clarksons (insert any name you like) blues to go down in a grandfinal to Teagues whichever team it may be...........and surely it will be that he gets a senior position sooner rather than later.
He has the football world in rapture for all the right and best reasons.

I think the club won't rush anything though nor should they.
Nothing needs to happen till the season is over.

That's just about as strong a statement as the players could possibly make besides saying "we want teague and wont back the board with anyone else"

Very clear the players position now.

I reckon they will deliver big time over the coming weeks.
If the players start delivering big results in the coming weeks i would expect them to continue doing so into next year regardless of who is coaching them.

On SM-T350 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Another post that addresses nothing football, but chooses to play the man.
If you have something to say, say it by all means, but don't simply flap around in the sewer.

Bolton took us on a road to nowhere as the Talking Heads lyrics attested to.
One can pretend otherwise and apportion fluffy terms to Boltons tenure, but they won't be seen to be the reality in years to come. This is obvious.

EDIT: Murphy, Simpson, Thomas, Curnow, Teague.......and then ask Casboult what he thought of Bolton. Ask him.
coming from you.......pass me the oxygen........

It's what is quite annoying and somewhat insincere - the bolstering up of Bolton for the sake of toeing some sort of party line.

Unfortunately this forum was seduced that Bolton was taking us to some sort of promised path, when the truth was anything but.
'The players liked Bolton' - Did they really? Ask the senior players whether this was the case and whether some appreciated being put down in front of others?

Anyway, some of the bulls**t has been laid to rest, but no doubt some more will front up.
Posters with different opinions to you are insincere.
Posters with different opinions than you are toeing a party line.
PC Harker fronting up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been listening to Eade over the last few weeks on radio ... comes across as very knowledgeable ... would he be a good option as a senior type assistant coach to Teague ? ...

Been listening to Eade over the last few weeks on radio ... comes across as very knowledgeable ... would he be a good option as a senior type assistant coach to Teague ? ...

Nope nope nope. Not from what I hear. Great at dissecting what’s in front of him however by all accounts absolute nut bag

Big test for a Teaguey in the next 5 weeks.
4 top 8 sides and an Aints side under Ratten playing with nothing to lose.
Reckon a couple of beltings from the better teams, and people might start wavering a bit on Teague.
On the other hand, if we can pinch a 2-3 wins from these games, surely 6 or 7 wins from 11 games would get him the gig.
Interesting times ahead.

That's not how it works
Possibly not, it should be though, once you begin playing at a high level you should be looking to maintain that.

That is as long as the coach appointed is a reasonably good match day tactician and facilitates it.

Not too sure why some think praise for Teague has to equal criticism of Bolton. Guess we're starting to forget how the players went out of their way to express appreciation for Bolton after he left and kept doing it for much longer than you'd expect if it was all just polite nothings.
Perhaps but there is bitterness the other way also as if to suggest that Teague is merely feasting on what was left behind by Bolts, I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Perhaps but there is bitterness the other way also as if to suggest that Teague is merely feasting on what was left behind by Bolts, I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.
Don't recall anyone being bitter about what Teague has done since Bolts has gone.

I don't understand why we can't appreciate the work that both Bolton and Teague have done for us.

There has been no bitterness towards Teague, I think we all love what is happening at the moment.

That however doesn't preclude anyone from recognising all the good that Bolton did in his time at the club.

Don't recall anyone being bitter about what Teague has done since Bolts has gone.
There has at least been a bit of sour grapes from some ('some' being the operative word) people whenever anyone is even the slightest bit critical of Bolton. Probably from people who were adamant that we had made the right decision with the appointment. It's no skin off my nose really but the 'poor Bolts' shtick is wringing a bit hollow.

who has presented with "poor bolts"? in your desperation to keep negativity to the forefront you are re-writing history beautifully - all people here are asking is that the grave-dancing you are encouraging is kept to a minimum.........it's pointless for all but the most nihilistic, churlish supporter.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back