Our next coach

Who should be our next coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
so what are you claiming?

Claiming what I've claimed.
There's been quite a bit of noise over recent weeks (before the sacking) that some players/staff/board members weren't happy with Bolton.

Maybe everyone is making everything up. This could be true, but using an old idiom; Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Claiming what I've claimed.
There's been quite a bit of noise over recent weeks (before the sacking) that some players/staff/board members weren't happy with Bolton.

Maybe everyone is making everything up. This could be true, but using an old idiom; Where there's smoke, there's fire.
Or dry ice?

without putting the muzz on us,
providing everything falls into line,
these predictions can go pearshaped quickly

Sides in our playing division & 2 at the G hoping to win at least 3 hopefully all.
Rd13 Bulldogs -Marvel
Rd16 Melbourne -MCG
Rd18 GoldCoast -Marvel
Rd19 StKida -MCG

Home games against interstaters Would love to a win against the Crows on the G.
Rd22 Rd19 Adelaide-MCG (being at the G gives us a much better chance)
Rd20 WestCoast-Marvel (home game levels it up a little)

Away games against interstaters Fremantle a possibility.
Rd15 Fremantle -Optus (Possible winnable game on the road)
Rd17 Sydney -SCG (hard game on way they are playing)

Victorian Top 8 teams Geez a sneaky win against tigers would end things nicely.
Rd21 Richmond -MCG (tigers injuries with have a big say)
Rd23 Geelong -KP* (unfortunately couldn't have received a harder game to end year)

4/6 more wins "YA NEVER KNOW" Let it Ride Teaugey...

Last edited:

Funny how ‘stuff’ comes out later

Eskie, we can all choose to believe what we want to believe and most people will naturally gravitate towards what the positive and want they want to hear.
This 'stuff' as you say has been floating about for weeks and well before Boltons sacking. There has been a lot going on. This alone is not hard to work out.

I understand that some don't want to discuss it and this is a whole new future now post-Bolton, but no need to ridicule some that are interested in the bigger picture as to what's going on at our club. There are many pieces at a football club and some pieces can be intertwined. If indeed SOS is staying, that's great as a display of disunity won't do us any favours as BlueGum understands all too well.

Anyway, we have a new coach to appoint and maybe we leave it at that.

Not ridicule Harker
But there is a lot flying around after the fact maybe true
Maybe not

There was a lot flying around before Bolton's sacking ESKIE and as fact, it wasn't all as unified as had been portrayed on this board.
What went down went down and I liked Bolton as an individual as much as I liked Kernahan as an individual. I just didn't like Kernahan as President and I had my reasons as much as others may have had to like him.
At the end, it's about what's best for the club and seems to me that we've all largely now accepted Bolton not having been best for the club.

We move on

without putting the muzz on us,
providing everything falls into line,
these predictions can go pearshaped quickly

Sides in our playing division & 2 at the G hoping to win at least 3 hopefully all.
Rd13 Bulldogs -Marvel
Rd16 Melbourne -MCG
Rd18 GoldCoast -Marvel
Rd19 StKida -MCG

Home games against interstaters Would love to a win against the Crows on the G.
Rd22 Rd19 Adelaide-MCG (being at the G gives us a much better chance)
Rd20 WestCoast-Marvel (home game levels it up a little)

Away games against interstaters Fremantle a possibility.
Rd15 Fremantle -Optus (Possible winnable game on the road)
Rd17 Sydney -SCG (hard game on way they are playing)

Victorian Top 8 teams Geez a sneaky win against tigers would end things nicely.
Rd21 Richmond -MCG (tigers injuries with have a big say)
Rd23 Geelong -KP* (unfortunately couldn't have received a harder game to end year)

4/6 more wins "YA NEVER KNOW" Let it Ride Teaugey...

Pretty much impossible to predict really...we thought we'd beat North but got smashed.
We thought we'd be a good chance against a depleted Saints and Essendon but lost.

Depends which Carlton turns up...if we get the Carlton who beat the Lions & WB plus were smashing Hawthorn in the first half, I can see us winning 4-6 more games.

But if we get the Carlton that turned up against North/GWS/Saints/Essendon...

We're just hopeful those poor performances are behind us under Teague but who knows.

Pretty much impossible to predict really...we thought we'd beat North but got smashed.
We thought we'd be a good chance against a depleted Saints and Essendon but lost.

Depends which Carlton turns up...if we get the Carlton who beat the Lions & WB plus were smashing Hawthorn in the first half, I can see us winning 4-6 more games.

But if we get the Carlton that turned up against North/GWS/Saints/Essendon...

We're just hopeful those poor performances are behind us under Teague but who knows.
Was done with a little tongue in cheek.. I'm hoping on our better form that we've displayed hopefully some more returning players with no more bad/long term injuries, lots of luck with a good run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely so. Money is important but so is the general welfare, happiness, room for growth and then potential earnings, short and long term.
You'd be seen to be a poor agent if you placed your client into a lousy job. Some things can't be helped and bad things do happen, but a manager doesn't want the reputation of 'getting things wrong' as they won't last too long at all.

Don't want to go on nailing Bolton, but I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did, given the path he took this club on.
It wasn't the happy place we've been sold it to be and from what I've heard, some players were prepared to walk. I don't know the players personally so can't claim it to be fact, but little by little more things will come out. Club had to move and did so for everyone concerned.
What happens from here on in we don't know, but what was done had to be done and we should be glad it was.
Agree about professionalism, but not joining you on the Bolton follow through. Not a buyer of unreliable testimony. Where there's smoke there might also be a smoker. Vested interests and agendas turn up all over the joint.

The only Con I know sells fruit. He never seems to have anything that's ready to eat though...
try phoning ahead........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back