Our next coach

Who should be our next coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Into his 4th year with a talented young list is not having a chance? Not sure it wasn't just a case of lacking game day nous. As for the coach having a say in list management, I'd argue it would largely depend on the coach. Ratten for instance was poor in this area.

This situation would have the Football Manager telling the List Manager what to go and find.
It's really the Football Managers team and not the Coaches nor the List Managers. It's completely different to what we have now.

Bolton had to re-design the culture of the club, take on a whole new list, develop it, coach it in game-day whilst having a mentor by his side. :)
This is all so ridiculous when you think about it. The term 'amateur' comes to mind.

I wonder if Ross Lyon’s alleged harassment issues would be an issue given our connection with Kate Jenkins

... or does the boys club commendation override any concerns on that front?

Lyon and the Carlton Respects program is a fairly obvious clash.

This situation would have the Football Manager telling the List Manager what to go and find.
It's really the Football Managers team and not the Coaches nor the List Managers. It's completely different to what we have now.

Bolton had to re-design the culture of the club, take on a whole new list, develop it, coach it in game-day whilst having a mentor by his side. :)
This is all so ridiculous when you think about it. The term 'amateur' comes to mind.

I have no doubt MLG, Trigg, Bolton and SOS had a big mess to clean up. I guess someone is always going to have the final say, be it list manager, football manager or coach.

I wonder if Ross Lyon’s alleged harassment issues would be an issue given our connection with Kate Jenkins

So we can’t now entertain someone extremely qualified and suited to the role because they made an inappropriate comment to a staffer at a Christmas party.... of which they apologised for?

“Boys club”? Spare me.

FMD.

These allegations are the only issue I'd have with appointing Lyon as coach. Hope the club has investigated these rumours properly.

These allegations are the only issue I'd have with appointing Lyon as coach. Hope the club has investigated these rumours properly.

I believe it was late at a boozy Christmas party and Lyon made a perceived innocent remark to a staffer, whom apparently he enjoyed a good working relationship with, regarding her growing breasts given she was pregnant.
Stupid? Yes.
Inappropriate? Absolutely.
Worth taking him off the list for senior role? No.

I believe it was late at a boozy Christmas party and Lyon made a perceived innocent remark to a staffer, whom apparently he enjoyed a good working relationship with, regarding her growing breasts given she was pregnant.
Stupid? Yes.
Thank you for elaborating Crippa. I'd only read the headlines about this and I think he's a long way from being the worst coaching candidate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stupid? Yes.

You are starting to sound like Tom Browne :p

Stupid? Yes.

It's not exactly great though is it? From a high profile head coach near the top of a clubs hierarchy.

I think there was probably a bit more too it than what was leaked...the 'perceived innocent remark' as you describe it, i think was far sleazier and pervy than you're making out. I recall reading at the time of the scandal that Lyon also double dipped...in that he made a comment, she walked away, and later in the night he sought her out again.

It was enough for her to make a formal complaint to HR...i doubt it was two close workmates making light hearted jokes about her breasts getting bigger due to her pregnancy as again you're claiming...those don't end up with formal complaints. She was obviously made to feel uncomfortable.

I wouldn't mind Lyon, but offering a godfather offer if true isn't great. Leaves little for the rest of the department.

I know we want an experienced coach with profile and that could cost us but in league that has proven over and over again that it's more about the coaching team than the coach it would be a poor move with an off field salary cap.

Going from someone with impeccable character in Bolton to Ross Lyon

:oops:

Bolton couldn't coach. He was never going to delivery us a premiership. Couldn't give a s**t about character, we need to be a better football side. We have been a joke for a long time.

Well it’s serious enough if she’s complained to HR

What sort of dickhead comments on a pregnant woman’s breasts

Stay in WA Ross

The comment allegedly related to how her Partner must enjoy his new found ability to "motor boat".

Immature and stupid. If he said it to my Mrs I would probably give him a stern talking to.

Is it a reason to sack him? Nope.

Ross can seriously coach.
He’s a professional and i reckon the hunger and desire to achieve the ultimate would burn inside and drive him.
Our list has had it’s basic grounding in AFL, starting next season, it’s time to get real and go to another level.
Lyon, Cripps and Docherty leading the charge sits pretty well with me.

The comment allegedly related to how her Partner must enjoy his new found ability to "motor boat".

Immature and stupid. If he said it to my Mrs I would probably give him a stern talking to.

Is it a reason to sack him? Nope.
I find this type of behaviour appalling

Bolton was paralysed in the coaches box.

I don't know...from what I hear Bolton was a control freak and definitely had control of many aspects, which a lot didn't necessarily agree with his decisions...

Ross can seriously coach.

He definitely can. I also predict he's in the top 3 targets.

His interest however (which I believe to be true) could easily be 'interest' so the rumours start floating to force Freo into offering him a nice long plump contract.

I don't know...from what I hear Bolton was a control freak and definitely had control of many aspects, which a lot didn't necessarily agree with his decisions...

He definitely can. I also predict he's in the top 3 targets.

His interest however (which I believe to be true) could easily be 'interest' so the rumours start floating to force Freo into offering him a nice long plump contract.

Yes.
Hinkley played Koch like a violin in similar circumstances.
He/his manager floated big interest from GC and Koch couldn’t roll out the new contract quick enough.
Ross either gets the big contract extension from Freo or gets the best young list in the AFL all ready to go.
He’s a professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back