Our next coach

Who should be our next coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they haven't, Cripps and Liam Jones have both said to the media that they think Teague would be the right fit. They gave the standard disclaimers around the panel doing due diligence and a process etc etc.

The Teague train is certainly gaining momentum, keep shovelling in those wins and he'll get the gig.
Yep it’s gaining momentum must win this week

Yes Caro he is a great Captain.

The weird world of footy media continues.

Matthew Lloyd is sitting a panel with Caro, Barrett and Judd. Lloyd wraps up the segment by asking Damian Barrett if he thinks Teague is a genuine chance for the Carlton coaching gig. Barrett responds with "Initially, no, but five weeks into the interim role, he's a strong chance". In the meantime, Chris Judd, member of the Carlton committee responsible for selecting the next coach, is SITTING RIGHT THERE!

Just can't take a "news" program seriously when , despite having access to the most qualified person to comment on a given matter, they instead direct their question towards a journalist who exists almost solely to provide sound bites and headlines.

Obviously the decision has not been reached. Are we waiting due to political correctness ? before announcing the result ? or a response from a party of interest?
The sooner this media circus is over the better.
The various choices have been, discussed and analyzed endlessly, keep being regurgitated, it’s a huge distraction to the players.

Obviously the decision has not been reached. Are we waiting due to political correctness ? before announcing the result ? or a response from a party of interest?
The various choices have been, discussed and analyzed endlessly, keep being regurgitated, it’s a huge distraction to the players.

No it's not. Does it look likes it's a distraction?

Club is going through full process as it should. There will be no announcement before end of season. I have no issue with it. Take the time, do it properly and get the best person

Last edited:

I'd go with that. My gut feeling is that we've approached a current senior coach which I'd say has agreed in principle and waiting for the season to finish or is still deciding, pending the outcome of the season etc.

Matthew Lloyd is sitting a panel with Caro, Barrett and Judd. Lloyd wraps up the segment by asking Damian Barrett if he thinks Teague is a genuine chance for the Carlton coaching gig. Barrett responds with "Initially, no, but five weeks into the interim role, he's a strong chance". In the meantime, Chris Judd, member of the Carlton committee responsible for selecting the next coach, is SITTING RIGHT THERE!

Just can't take a "news" program seriously when , despite having access to the most qualified person to comment on a given matter, they instead direct their question towards a journalist who exists almost solely to provide sound bites and headlines.
Judd said that after the mess that followed his comments last week, he wouldn't comment on it, so they asked Damo as it's a relevant footy topic.

That said, after last week I think he'd prefer to sit there quietly and pray they don't start grilling him again.

Judd said that after the mess that followed his comments last week, he wouldn't comment on it, so they asked Damo as it's a relevant footy topic.
That said, after last week I think he'd prefer to sit there quietly and pray they don't start grilling him again.

Appreciate the awkward position Judd has found himself in - but the question posed to Barrett was clearly scripted and designed to provide an opportunity for him to provide a quotable quote for the various media outlets to run with. Just makes it more painfully obvious that these shows, while they do involve some "tension", serve a very specific purpose for the most part, and the need to generate headlines takes priority over actual reporting and journalism.

FWIW, in his article about Richo and the coaching position at the Saints, Jake Niall says that ‘ Ratten is not in the frame for a second coming at Carlton’.

FWIW, in his article about Richo and the coaching position at the Saints, Jake Niall says that ‘ Ratten is not in the frame for a second coming at Carlton’.
Let's see if he takes the st kilda caretaker role later today. If he does then probably rule a line through him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we secure Teague, I would not be against having Richo as an assistant.

Sometimes those former head coaches have plenty of knowledge on where they maybe went wrong and the pressures associated.

Hell no. Richo would do his best to take the reigns for himself to make himself look pretty and score another top gig. Did the same to Ratts back then.

I love seeing how the Blues have played over the last 5 weeks, but lets not kid ourselves, its not like the coaching moves Teague has made have been rocket science...its rather simple stuff that many football analysts and supporters have been screaming out for all year...put your best midfielders on the ball and leave your full forward in the F50.

While Teague has the boys up and about winning games, lets see how he coaches out the year before we make any decisions. I'm liking what I am seeing though :)

Hell no. Richo would do his best to take the reigns for himself to make himself look pretty and score another top gig. Did the same to Ratts back then.
Richo was a very highly regarded assistant coach before taking on the Saints job.

He had no role in the removal of Ratten at Carlton. Do you think Ratten would have joined him as an assistant if there was any bad blood between them? As far as I know they are on good terms.

On SM-T350 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If it's true our senior players have already spoken to Liddle saying they want Teague to be the coach in 2020 and beyond, Teague is already 90% of the way there.

Let's say these 'senior players' are guys like Murphy, Simpson, Docherty and Cripps...would be a big risk for Liddle & Co to employ someone else, especially since those guys would essentially speak for the entire playing group. And if Doc & Cripps are involved, our best 2 players and co-captains.

we may have missed ratts - now caretaker at the saints - might stay there.......

Agree with you thy, ratts would be much loved at the Saints and rightly so, furthermore Brett thoroughly deserves another shot at being head coach, will be a bloody good one too.
We've moved on and are hungry for a Cup, Seventeenth is on the way and it may just be Teaugy to get us there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back