Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands On

Club Legend
Oct 26, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Nah, it's a management/executive decision to make.
Coach is a manger of men, and in reality has the most important role in the club. However I may be possible that the selection committee could benefit having some input form people like Doc, Crippa, Murph, Walsh. These are the guys the new coach will be leading. I am just concerned that the selection Panel will fall for all of this Corporate presentation and man management Jargon again ( EG. Roos, and to some degree Bolts)

Doro

Collective Narcissism Support Group
Sep 22, 2011
62 West Wallaby St.
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Wensleydale Wanderers
Coach is a manger of men, and in reality has the most important role in the club. However I may be possible that the selection committee could benefit having some input form people like Doc, Crippa, Murph, Walsh. These are the guys the new coach will be leading. I am just concerned that the selection Panel will fall for all of this Corporate presentation and man management Jargon again ( EG. Roos, and to some degree Bolts)

I think it's a strong panel personally, don't think the players should be thinking about anything other than the next game.

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
First 6 words of your initial sentence led me to change my preference; from Lyon to Ratten. Think in our case, new coach needs to be a good manager of boys/young men. A younger, seemingly more personable, coach with prior experience may be a better fit for this list.

Blutopia

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
First 6 words of your initial sentence led me to change my preference; from Lyon to Ratten. Think in our case, new coach needs to be a good manager of boys/young men. A younger, seemingly more personable, coach with prior experience may be a better fit for this list.
There are only 3 good options I think.
Clarkson, Ratten and Teague - in this order.
Clarkson I think is 0.1% chance but I would only want him if he’s not coming for the godfather offer but because he wants to come for the motivation of taking over a talented young group, to win another couple of flags and be remembered as the best coach of all time - that would be great.
Ratten is a chance if he can move past his sacking and I thought at the time he was unlucky to get sacked and I would be sure that now he would be twice the coach. My feeling on it is he will be as good as Clarko.
Teague if those two aren’t available as I think he will do as good or better than any other options. My only worry is inexperience and how he will handle the real pressure of top job however he has so far shown to be a pretty calm character. But the thing to note on this was that Bolton was very calm in the 5 games he coached the Hawks when Clarko was crook because it’s a different beast when the responsibility does not fall back to you.

Opine

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
There are only 3 good options I think.
Clarkson, Ratten and Teague - in this order.
Clarkson I think is 0.1% chance but I would only want him if he’s not coming for the godfather offer but because he wants to come for the motivation of taking over a talented young group, to win another couple of flags and be remembered as the best coach of all time - that would be great.
Ratten is a chance if he can move past his sacking and I thought at the time he was unlucky to get sacked and I would be sure that now he would be twice the coach. My feeling on it is he will be as good as Clarko.
Teague if those two aren’t available as I think he will do as good or better than any other options. My only worry is inexperience and how he will handle the real pressure of top job however he has so far shown to be a pretty calm character. But the thing to note on this was that Bolton was very calm in the 5 games he coached the Hawks when Clarko was crook because it’s a different beast when the responsibility does not fall back to you.
If I could like this twice, I would. :thumbsu:

Blutopia

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
David king thinks John longmire will be our be coach. His argument is that we can offer as much as the Kangas and that our list is "TO DIE FOR". Would be a seriously good get. Dangle 5 years in front of him??
I personally hadn’t considered him as I thought Longmire was either staying at Swans or going back home to Norf.
If he’s a possibility I think he would definitely be a good choice but I still like Clarko and Ratts better.

The way King talks us up you could be mistaken for thinking he was a premiership player with us - not Norf.

Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
Yep, i was there and what about him stacking the backline when Fev was on 99 goals. Two of the lowest acts against Carlton involved Clarkson, stuff him.

i can not agree with anyone who thinks what he did when Fev was 99 was wrong, to me it paints a picture of a guy who is well drilled, doesn’t allow the opposition easy goals, no matter the circumstance.

I draw comparisons to when a batsman is in the late 90s, you don’t let them get their 100, you do everything you can to stop it and if they’re good enough, they will get it.

I want a coach like him.

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
How many experienced coaches have had success at their second club in the modern era? Genuine question.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Depends how far that you want to go back. Premierships to malthouse, parkin, barassi, jeans. Grand final to lyon, hafey. You could argue that sheedy was successful setting up gws and that roos turned the demons around. Walls would be considered a success at the lions and bears.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soapy V

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Depends how far that you want to go back. Premierships to malthouse, parkin, barassi, jeans. Grand final to lyon, hafey. You could argue that sheedy was successful setting up gws and that roos turned the demons around. Walls would be considered a success at the lions and bears.

Blight was a success at Crows after coaching North.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back