Our next coach

Who should be our next coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone can take a small sample from statistics and draw a conclusion that supports their argument.
For me, getting a coach who has premiership success, is a proven match day tactician, etc, has to be a better bet than taking a punt on an outsider. Is it guaranteed? No, but that doesn't mean you ignore all the advantages.

David king thinks John longmire will be our be coach. His argument is that we can offer as much as the Kangas and that our list is "TO DIE FOR". Would be a seriously good get. Dangle 5 years in front of him??
Many Of the so called experts in the media have been Pumping up our list for a while now, even during Bolton's, reign. Teague has released the Shackles and let them be more expressive exposing the raw talent we have always had. Any candidate considering the position can see that success is very close closer than what we supporters may think. I honestly believe that Teague, Ratten or any impressionable, astute young coach can still take us deep into September.

It may be that the club is incensed in getting a proven/premiership coach to minimise risk due to the hardship and ridicule we all have had to endure during this total rebuild. I am sure they are trying lure a contracted coach (Clarkson, Longmire etc) and if this fails The likes of Teugue will be seriously considered.

This is most likely why Little contradicted Judd the next morning. If we dont Snare the big contracted fish we will look like imbeciles claiming we are not interested in a coach with training wheels, and then do exactly that.

Watched Maclure on 360 last night and he savaged Judd big time and effectively stated that it undermined Teague's position and would affect the players negatively.

I actually think the training wheels comment has increased interest in this game for me. If the players are really behind Teague then I think they will come out breathing fire and make a big statement (on the ground) of their support.

Watched Maclure on 360 last night and he savaged Judd big time and effectively stated that it undermined Teague's position and would affect the players negatively.

I actually think the training wheels comment has increased interest in this game for me. If the players are really behind Teague then I think they will come out breathing fire and make a big statement (on the ground) of their support.
I didn't see the Maclure's comments but this seems ridiculous to me. Teague's comments from day 1 suggested he was under no illusions about his chances of getting the gig full time.

I have been super optimistic about Teague's potential to coach but there was never any doubt that he would have to do something remarkable with the remaining games to have any chance.

The Freo game would have helped his chances, but this latest loss against Melbourne would have wiped away any brownie points he'd accumulated. We really should have beaten those hacks.

I didn't see the Maclure's comments but this seems ridiculous to me. Teague's comments from day 1 suggested he was under no illusions about his chances of getting the gig full time.

I have been super optimistic about Teague's potential to coach but there was never any doubt that he would have to do something remarkable with the remaining games to have any chance.

The Freo game would have helped his chances, but this latest loss against Melbourne would have wiped away any brownie points he'd accumulated. We really should have beaten those hacks.

Those hacks were widely touted as top 4 for this year and beat us by over 100 points last time we played, so, yeah, crap performance.

I find it, personally, impossible to imagine how Judd's comments help our club in any way.

I hope they do - i have concern's Chris Judds comments could undermine what has been occurring. Given the players we have out over the last month - the results has been nothing short of an amazing turnaround.

Any football director who cannot see this shouldnt be in the job. We may have a star coach right now, how stupid will be look if he goes elsewhere and becomes a great. Let us see how the boys play over the remainder of the season, but if we maintain what we are doing now, I would be thinking DT would be a huge chance.

I seriously dont buy this whole "must be a senior experienced coach". When was the last time a senior coach won a premiership at the second club they were coaching?
2018 Simpson: did he have training wheels?
2017: Hardwick
2016: Beveridge
2015 Clarkson
2014 Clarkson
2013 Clarkson
2012 Longmire
2011 Scott
2010 Malthouse - won one at West Coast in the early 90s.

Seriously if our number one priority is to find a senior coach who has all this experience coaching an AFL club successfully we will be overlooking a pool of great options. Let's be honest, the training wheels comment was an absolute joke and reflected a lot of naivety on Judd's behalf. It is not only disrespectful to Teague but only counter productive to finding the best coach for Carlton right now as statistically senior coaches win more flags at their first club than second.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The longer it goes on the more I believe it will be Ratten. Just a feel
Ratts with Teague as his senior assistant/match day tactician/allroundgoodbloke

Yep, that’ll do me nicely

Ratts n Teague, Ratts n Teague....

Could it happen?

Honestly don’t want Scott, Voss, Lyon, Horse.

I’m not sure if I could get used to or even trust Clarko, might change if we hoist the 17th with him at the helm, but I still think he is a sniping rat. (Don’t like the term dog or dog-act or dirty dog, dogs are loyal af)

Important question: which senior coach option would be more effective at "getting around the boys"? That's the only true variable of success. Voss could be good at this.

For the life of me I don't understand this hankering for Ratten.
I can only assume it's for some warm fuzzy feelings.
As far as I am concerned we have been there and done that. It failed. And the list was left as a shambles.

And anyone that wants Teague answer this.
Why should he be insulted with the idea of someone above him?
Either someone can coach or they can't.
If he snags enough wins and support it means he can do it already without someone holding his hand.

Mentor Schmentor. Its the stupidest concept I ever came across.

Juddy on MMM this morning, basically said he wasn't referring to David Teague and then proceeded to give Teagues resume, been in the system for 10 years, has been his own coach at VFL level, assistant at 3 AFL clubs, hardly considers that to be a coach with training wheels.
People can read into what I said how they want, it doesn't mean it's correct. (back hander at Robbo)

i can not agree with anyone who thinks what he did when Fev was 99 was wrong, to me it paints a picture of a guy who is well drilled, doesn’t allow the opposition easy goals, no matter the circumstance.

I draw comparisons to when a batsman is in the late 90s, you don’t let them get their 100, you do everything you can to stop it and if they’re good enough, they will get it.

I want a coach like him.
So when Fev didn't get to a 100 goals was your first thought geez Clarkson is a great coach.

Those hacks were widely touted as top 4 for this year and beat us by over 100 points last time we played, so, yeah, crap performance.

I find it, personally, impossible to imagine how Judd's comments help our club in any way.
They have been hacks this year and they were hacks in the game. That’s all that matters.

Besides this, Carlton played very poorly for 3 quarters. They lacked competitiveness and butchered the ball, so that’s definitely a step backwards for Teague.

All Judd said was they are after an experienced coach. That’s hardly earth shattering.

Juddy on MMM this morning, basically said he wasn't referring to David Teague and then proceeded to give Teagues resume, been in the system for 10 years, has been his own coach at VFL level, assistant at 3 AFL clubs, hardly considers that to be a coach with training wheels.
People can read into what I said how they want, it doesn't mean it's correct. (back hander at Robbo)
I didn't see Juddys comments as the way McLure and most have. Was very diplomatic and careful with his words. Sure they could be seen pointing to Teague being out of running, but his comments on MMM clarify his specific, clever wording. People need to get over themselves if they're seriously having a ping at Juddy. Like to see how we'd all go being grilled on the club in media town and being a director. Is a unique, difficult position to be in and one he does well.

For the life of me I don't understand this hankering for Ratten.
I can only assume it's for some warm fuzzy feelings.
As far as I am concerned we have been there and done that. It failed. And the list was left as a shambles.

And anyone that wants Teague answer this.
Why should he be insulted with the idea of someone above him?
Either someone can coach or they can't.
If he snags enough wins and support it means he can do it already without someone holding his hand.

Good post, mentor is not something I’d want.

Re Ratts, win loss record was one thing. Never wanted him gone and I didn’t think the list was left as a shambles by his doing? Or am I wrong?

Our list is better now than when he took us to the finals

I think he’s done a decent apprenticeship at the Hawks (as did Bolts) but is different to Bolts. JMO. Also mid coach at the Saints and I don’t reckon their midfield is going too badly. Smashed us iirc. But Ratts probs won’t happen, I am a romantic at heart after all.

Teague is an entirely seperate thing.

Captain Coach and then coach of the Bullants to two? Grannies

West Coast assistant

Adelaide assistant

Carlton assistant

Carlton Caretaker.

I actually don’t think Teagues “training wheels” are even worth a mention.

I think he is still in the running despite what’s been said re “training wheels”

Only mo, means sfa in the scheme of things.

Just don’t want another “Messiah” coach.

All good coaches had to start somewhere.......

It's ridiculous when you think about it.
So the mentor is effectively an 'All care, No responsibility' individual.

On a practical level, tell me how this would work with Roos?
- Roos 'suggests' some ideas to Teague and Teague doesn't take them up and fails - Roos: "I told you so"
- Roos 'suggests' some ideas to Teague and Teague doesn't take them up and succeeds - Teague: "I told you so"

And of all people, Roos with his arrogance will mentor. Terrible idea and doomed to failure from the get-go.
Create a proper hierarchy and we can talk.....mentoring....give me a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back