Coona Blues

Director of Coaching
Nov 3, 2011
Bundaberg, Qld
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tasmania
Just doing a great job as football director....not.....great on field but off it snob, me me me, big head and full of himself and very distanced and unfriendly with players except murphy Cripps Simpson and Cripps. Not much difference as a captain at both clubs,great on field but all about himself off it....needs to go asap.
Can I ask why he was at Maroochydore pre season training camp running laps with Fasolo? Just a bit contradictory. Comes across a bit aloof, but hard enogh for the average player dealing with the fan base, legends of the game must be conflicted each and every time they appear in public. What is the optimum way to act?

BigFrizz36

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 20, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
It mus
For one Bolton should’ve been sacked 12 months earlier,2 win seasons are intolerable regardless of the playing list. He would’ve known the young group were dreading meetings and he would’ve known they were intoxicated by Bolton’s non stop dribble. They felt like they were back school and fronting up to training with that attitude is not what being a pro footballer is all about, it should be about having the best years of your life. Judd is football director he should’ve been all over this, I know Wallsy was.
It must be so good to have so much intimate knowledge of each important person within the clubs feelings/motives etc like you do and be able to constantly feed them to an internet forum.
We should feel good that all of these people like Wallsy (and obviously the fitness department when you let us know that Charlie is being put in cotton wool) feed you this info.
There is, of course, another option.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Damo and his stupid sliding doors :rolleyes:

Ifit's harsh for David Teague to hear he's not in the running for the permanent role ...
thenthat's understandable. But as good a job as he's done in four matches, he's not going to be the coach in 2020.

BIGGUS 64

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
Greensborough
AFL Club
Carlton

Ifit's harsh for David Teague to hear he's not in the running for the permanent role ...
thenthat's understandable. But as good a job as he's done in four matches, he's not going to be the coach in 2020.

OMG, don't get me started! And he knows this... how?! Such a smart@rse. :mad:

JohnnyFontane90

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton

'he's doing an outstanding job but he has 0% chance of being the carlton coach next year' has consistently been the rhetoric by the media since even before judd made those comments. just complete crazy talk

Sep 2, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
The debate over getting a mentor to our next coach reminds me of how management consulting works. CEOs of large companies like to bring in say McKinsey to rubber stamp all their decisions so that if any go south they can say that well McKinsey agreed with me.

So a mentor does shield our next coach. It also helps attract free agents and others we want to trade for. Who wouldn’t want to play under say Roos who was a smart and tough coach.

Plus I’m not convinced that Roos is after the money here. At times he reveals a soft spot for the Blues and he may want to end his career at the club he supported as a kid. He may not actually ask for that much money to be a part of propelling us into Finals in 2021. It’s arguably a much easier job here than what he had to do at the Demons. So picking Roos as a mentor is a pretty safe strategy and I’m guessing the Board will be conservative with their decision.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Coona Blues

Director of Coaching
Nov 3, 2011
Bundaberg, Qld
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tasmania
The debate over getting a mentor to our next coach reminds me of how management consulting works. CEOs of large companies like to bring in say McKinsey to rubber stamp all their decisions so that if any go south they can say that well McKinsey agreed with me.

So a mentor does shield our next coach. It also helps attract free agents and others we want to trade for. Who wouldn’t want to play under say Roos who was a smart and tough coach.

Plus I’m not convinced that Roos is after the money here. At times he reveals a soft spot for the Blues and he may want to end his career at the club he supported as a kid. He may not actually ask for that much money to be a part of propelling us into Finals in 2021. It’s arguably a much easier job here than what he had to do at the Demons. So picking Roos as a mentor is a pretty safe strategy and I’m guessing the Board will be conservative with their decision.

Roos has stated publicly on many occasions that he doesn't have the focus or commitment to do a full time role. Paraphrase, he is to accustomed to the good life. Any full time role would be a huge mistake by the club. No amount of cash can create genuine commitment once an individual reaches that point. The remuneration must be secondary.

It would be disrespectful to suggest he could not add to our mix in a consultancy type situation. How it looked would surely depend on the coach appointed. One would hope that he would not be required on gameday if we appoint the correct guy for the job.

windows1

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
It's ridiculous when you think about it.
So the mentor is effectively an 'All care, No responsibility' individual.

On a practical level, tell me how this would work with Roos?
- Roos 'suggests' some ideas to Teague and Teague doesn't take them up and fails - Roos: "I told you so"
- Roos 'suggests' some ideas to Teague and Teague doesn't take them up and succeeds - Teague: "I told you so"

And of all people, Roos with his arrogance will mentor. Terrible idea and doomed to failure from the get-go.
Create a proper hierarchy and we can talk.....mentoring....give me a break.
I think this mentor idea comes from Roos himself. Completely self interested: he can’t be bothered working his butt off but wants to be involved at club level; too arrogant to subordinate himself to anyone so has run a campaign for a long time that there’s too much load at the top and it should be spread. That’s why you have assistants. I have gone 180 on the idea. It isn’t there for anyone’s benefit but his. Pass.

I think this mentor idea comes from Roos himself. Completely self interested: he can’t be bothered working his butt off but wants to be involved at club level; too arrogant to subordinate himself to anyone so has run a campaign for a long time that there’s too much load at the top and it should be spread. That’s why you have assistants. I have gone 180 on the idea. It isn’t there for anyone’s benefit but his. Pass.
Spot....On

It's ridiculous when you think about it.
So the mentor is effectively an 'All care, No responsibility' individual.

On a practical level, tell me how this would work with Roos?
- Roos 'suggests' some ideas to Teague and Teague doesn't take them up and fails - Roos: "I told you so"
- Roos 'suggests' some ideas to Teague and Teague doesn't take them up and succeeds - Teague: "I told you so"

And of all people, Roos with his arrogance will mentor. Terrible idea and doomed to failure from the get-go.
Create a proper hierarchy and we can talk.....mentoring....give me a break.
Agree thanks

How does this make for a good or practical idea for us though?
e.g. Head of Football drags the coach in after a bad loss and the coach says, "...but Roos agreed with me" Now what? :)

The only reason we'd appoint Roos is for profile and to be seen to be progressive in the way we operate. Not good enough a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back