• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Percy2257

The Urgio to be Sergio
May 11, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Over on the St Kilda board there are a number of posts identical to many posts on our Board,viz “Whoever is appointed make sure it isn’t Brad Scott”.!
It’s also being reported that Sam MacLure claims that the Carlton board wants to appoint Scott.

Mar 13, 2008
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Over on the St Kilda board there are a number of posts identical to many posts on our Board,viz “Whoever is appointed make sure it isn’t Brad Scott”.!
It’s also being reported that Sam MacLure claims that the Carlton board wants to appoint Scott.

Getting Wallis v Roos vibes about this.

Board wanted a certain coach, no doubt told coach you're our man.
Interim coach does well and the players and supporters want him instead.

JohnnyFontane90

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 14, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
as a general rule when the carlton board gets the urge to do something, they should just do the opposite

Matty411

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 21, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
While I can understand the love and push for Ratts I keep thinking it is like going to back with an ex-girlfriend..
I married my ex-girlfriend. Often these things aren't right the first time for whatever reason but after time, maturity and lessons learned, the second time can be a charm.

F_therest

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Senior Carlton players have told Liddle they want Teague full-time...which you'd expect would be a big factor.

Win this week, as expected, and Teague has won 4 out of 6 games. With the 2 losses being by under a goal.
Before that under Bolton, we had won 4 out of a whopping 43 games. That's almost 2 years.

That says a lot right there.

bmaurizio

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Singapore
AFL Club
Carlton
Lets be positive, our appointed selection committee is competent and passionate about the CFC obviously, they have access to further expert advice if required.
I'm certain it will be a great appointment and will be well received by supports and the ravenous media alike.

we may have missed ratts - now caretaker at the saints - might stay there.......
I think he will, they appointed Ratten for that reason IMO apparently Richo had a clause in his contract this year to win a final .... pretty harsh considering they only win 4 games last year, I reckon Brad Scott is in the frame for us, not that I want him but with Teague being popular with players, members and the whole universe and winning it’s thrown a spanned in the works,

This is JMO

I believe this Scott stuff, the timing of him leaving North,

Thurlo

Team Captain
Jun 6, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
I wonder what impact St Kilda axing Richardson has on Carlton. It just puts another buyer on the market looking for a new coach. Ratts going in for the rest of the season which also is interesting also. Could promote his case to Carlton and could very well also remove him from the market potentially filling the St Kilda position in the long term.

I think this week is a really big one for Teague, historically we have not won games we are supposed to win for a very long time. An expected win against the Suns does not do anything to hurt his chances... A loss however I believe would cause a serious hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back