Our next coach

Who should be our next coach?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in a hotel in the north western suburbs and as I have previously written on here Lance Whitnall co es in. He was in today and I asked him about who would be coaching our club.

He said he was hearing Voss with Roos as Mentor.
Did he tell you what he thought of that proposal given that he turned up to training on Teague’s first day to support him?

Re: Teague-

Can we not do something like a 1 year performance based contract with a trigger for +2 years if he gets X (11?) number of wins?

We lock him in for 3 years, with years 2 and 3 conditional on 11 or more wins in year 1.

I would hope not.

Looking back on some articles written about Ratts tenure at the Blues, a few that interested me, were the ones which highlighted we only ever offered him a 2 year deal and then another, it was implying that we never truely backed him or embraced a new coach. Rather he was just filling in time, until a Malthouse was available. When he was, we offered 4 years (or was it 3)

If Teague is our man, back him in, 3 years minimum, if he's not, then hire someone else.

Clarkson sounds like a total control freak with his “short sleeves only” rubbish. SPS says no.

Hawthorn royalty in jarman and tuck went ok in the long sleeves. His own team mate brett Alison used to go ok.

Not to mention our own all time long sleeved great...

Skinny lappin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SPS
Jack
Simmo
Plowman
Coniglio
giphy.gif

Wonder when north might start thinking they jumped a bit early with Shaw. He might end up o.k. but if you really think about it he has never been known for his deep thinking or intelligence.

Sometimes its easy to fall in love with someone who makes life a bit easier short term than the previous coach. Doesn't necessarily mean that they are the best long term option.

I don't think that this applies as much to Teague as he appears to be a deeper thinker/more considered. However it is important to get as much evidence as possible before making a decision.

The Shaw smashing probably a caution to us to maybe stick to our guns and hold off announcing Teague until end of the season.

Already there are North posters questioning Shaw.
Apparently Shaw had the job after the Collingwood game. Wouldn't be surprised at all if when he was given the job he was told to get the club as high a draft pick as possible for this year.

Apparently Shaw had the job after the Collingwood game. Wouldn't be surprised at all if when he was given the job he was told to get the club as high a draft pick as possible for this year.
Doubt it but if so they are heading for years in the wasteland.

I also suspect that kicking their lowest VFL/AFL score EVER was nin the brief!!

Wonder when north might start thinking they jumped a bit early with Shaw. He might end up o.k. but if you really think about it he has never been known for his deep thinking or intelligence.

Sometimes its easy to fall in love with someone who makes life a bit easier short term than the previous coach. Doesn't necessarily mean that they are the best long term option.

I don't think that this applies as much to Teague as he appears to be a deeper thinker/more considered. However it is important to get as much evidence as possible before making a decision.

It always comes back to the list and they are in real trouble

The Shaw smashing probably a caution to us to maybe stick to our guns and hold off announcing Teague until end of the season.
Already there are North posters questioning Shaw.

North may have had little choice though.

Their premium targets were taken off the table and as much as it shouldn't be the case, the fact that the door may have shut on Scott being a coach in 2020 may have also had some say, even a little say, in accepting the cheaper of options as 800K may simply walk out the door for nothing.

I'm glad we're staying the course of our 'exhaustive' process, as even though it's possible that the decision has already been made, it will genuinely look as though we're not jumping into anything for any external swell of support. i.e. It will look as though we covered all the bases before giving someone the nod.

North may have had little choice though.

Their premium targets were taken off the table and as much as it shouldn't be the case, the fact that the door may have shut on Scott being a coach in 2020 may have also had some say, even a little say, in accepting the cheaper of options as 800K may simply walk out the door for nothing.

I'm glad we're staying the course of our 'exhaustive' process, as even though it's possible that the decision has already been made, it will genuinely look as though we're not jumping into anything for any external swell of support. i.e. It will look as though we covered all the bases before giving someone the nod.

Yeah, even if we've basically picked Teague, just for the optics and for PR purposes, holding off publicly announcing could be the way to go so we don't attract any criticism that we jumped into it too early.

North will certainly come under fire this week, lowest score in their entire history.

Yes, he actually said that Teague should be getting the job, but it's the carlton way to go after a big name, referring to Roos.
Carlton's "due diligence/process" hasn't had particularly good results in the past. We've dumped an up and coming coach in Wayne Brittain, sacked Ratts who took us to two finals campaigns and hired two super-coaches (Pagan and Malthouse) who took us to wooden spoons. The failure of two super coaches suggests "big name" coaches are far from a guarantee of success. Caveat Emptor? Maybe it's time Carlton actually learned from history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back