Our next month of footy

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that our next 4 games could make or break our season:

Round 15 v Richmond @ Adelaide Oval
Round 16 v West Coast @ Domain Stadium
Round 17 v North Melbourne @ Adelaide Oval
Round 18 v Melbourne @ MCG

Obviously it'd be wonderful to win all 4. To be 12-5 with 5 to play would basically mean we can't miss the 8, and I think this group is some sort of chance of doing just that. But what do we think is a pass mark? For example, can we be taken seriously as a genuine contender if we only win 2 out of 4? Over to you.

I'm really excited/nervous for the Richmond game this week. Huge.
It's a chance to finally have that win over a top 8 team (that's in the 8 when we play them), and for the first time since 2015, get three wins in a row.
Win that and I think we're good chance to go 3-1.

In a year like this going 2-2 won't mean curtains, but it'll certainly show this team still has issues that aren't being addressed.

3-1 is a pass. 2-2 and we're a run of the mill side. 1-3 and we're throwing our season away.

4-0 and we say * you to the rest of the league.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 of the 4 sides are in the top 8 as of this morning.

As we are the most pathetic side against top 8 sides in the AFL over 2015-2017 we need to win against at least 2 of Richmond, West Coast or Melbourne to be genuine top 4 contenders.

I'm personally just worried about Richmond, beat them and we can start setting forecast targets. Until then we're wasting time because our boys really haven't earnt any sort of long term planning trust yet.

As REH said, just getting on a little bit of a roll would be priority one, and Richmond give us that chance to go for 3.

Four week lookahead make or break threads always have me dreading a 0-4 or, at best, 1-3 record. Instead of changing my "glass half empty" mindset I guess I should invest in smaller glassware.

4-0

OsJM0vh.jpg

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that our next 4 games could make or break our season:

Round 15 v Richmond @ Adelaide Oval
Round 16 v West Coast @ Domain Stadium
Round 17 v North Melbourne @ Adelaide Oval
Round 18 v Melbourne @ MCG

Obviously it'd be wonderful to win all 4. To be 12-5 with 5 to play would basically mean we can't miss the 8, and I think this group is some sort of chance of doing just that. But what do we think is a pass mark? For example, can we be taken seriously as a genuine contender if we only win 2 out of 4? Over to you.
2-2 is most likely. From there, conservatively we'll finish 13-9, which in this even season with our strong percentage might have a tiny chance of pinching 4th sport.

More likely 14 wins will be the magic figure for Top 4, which means if we don't go 3-1 or better here (and assuming we win the games between Rounds 19 and 23 we're expected to) we need to find a win against either Western Bulldogs away or in the Showdown. We're well overdue for a Showdown win.

3 wins over the next month should lock us in for Top 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back