Our next month of footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Just don't finish 5th and play Sydney in week one of September please.

I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that our next 4 games could make or break our season:

Round 15 v Richmond @ Adelaide Oval
Round 16 v West Coast @ Domain Stadium
Round 17 v North Melbourne @ Adelaide Oval
Round 18 v Melbourne @ MCG

Obviously it'd be wonderful to win all 4. To be 12-5 with 5 to play would basically mean we can't miss the 8, and I think this group is some sort of chance of doing just that. But what do we think is a pass mark? For example, can we be taken seriously as a genuine contender if we only win 2 out of 4? Over to you.

The "losable" game is eagles, so, going 3-1 would be OK.

4-0 - Great
3-1 - Good
2-2 - Meh
1-3 - Bad
0-4 - Awful

Remaining games: Richmond at AO, West Coast Eagles at Subiaco, North Melbourne at AO, Melbourne at MCG, St Kilda at AO, Adelaide Crows at AO, Collingwood at AO, Western Bulldogs at EU, Gold Coast Suns at AO

Remaining fixture difficulty: Fourth (five Top 8 opponents, average opponents’ percentage of 104.36)

Percentage of teams making top 8 from current record: 82.6

WITH six home games to come and that ever-present high percentage, Port Adelaide remains in the box seat for a top four spot. The win over Collingwood saw them looking back near their best, as well, after a disappointing fortnight. It’s a tough draw though — if they can’t defend the Portress they could suddenly slip quite a few spots on the ladder. It’s a pretty kind last three weeks though.

Fox Footy’s projection: Six wins, finishing third on percentage (14-8)

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/the...s/news-story/de8508f742124cf8699699e6999f22dd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back