Strategy Our Next Senior Coach: 2019 & Beyond... is Matthew Nicks

Our next senior coach...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there? I can't think of many outside the last review.
This club got more penalties from Tippett saga than ESS and CARL .... we got back to a GF

How long has it been for ESS and CARL to come back

The last two years have been a bloody indictment .... but, hate the board of you must.... the right outcomes have been achieved and in a decisive manner

Criticise the timing & pressure from supporters if you like .... but that’s pure supposition

Now the wait begins...

Will he leave D Mac out of his Round 1 side?

Or will we have a couple of years of pain, another review and have to start this whole process over again

One thing that is a positive is the fact Nicks has been through the last GWS finals run. Its a bit underrated what GWS did IMO.

Smashed with injuries and suspensions but were galvanised and managed to beat Dogs, Lions and Pies. Most of those being on the road in finals pressure.

Yes, they s**t the bed in the grand final but Nicks was part of the grand final week and build up with the team....something that the Crows and Pyke didnt deal with very well. Overawed at the occasion and Nicks should be well equipped when it happens again.

Until I see some the club make some decisions that prove they are capable of making good ones, I will continue to doubt their abilities. There have been many, many examples of poor judgement at the club over the years, so I have great difficulty backing their judgement at the moment.
In fairness, the people we have chosen as coach have, generally speaking, been reasonable. I think we sack them too quickly though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we do something without any cynicism for a change....

Look mate I'm just stunned to be sitting here, especially after Tom Browne reported that Nicks both did and didn't have the job and is perhaps still being interviewed

Never would have seen Matty Nicks appointment coming. Completely left field selection, club did a great job keeping it under wraps
Not everything has to be Sixth Sense twisty

Hopefully it leaked because it was so obvious that he'd be a good coach for us

Look mate I'm just stunned to be sitting here, especially after Tom Browne reported that Nicks both did and didn't have the job and is perhaps still being interviewed
Now I'll pay that!!!

I don't think he was the main problem at all but he understood that a senior coach needs to be accountable and fell on his sword. He is a man of integrity unlike Campo and Burton who tried their best to hide under a rock waiting for the storm to pass. I have no doubt that Pyke will go on to have success coaching in the AFL whether as an assistant or another senior gig down the line.

I think Pyke must have known he was running out of time. His selections in 2019 made no sense but now I can see it was basically a hail mary. He threw everything at making the 8 in 2019 by selecting mature agers and it failed. He did the right thing by resigning.

Exactly this. Pyke is a man of character. Campo is a good man but should have walked. The other one is, and remains a joke, along with being a waste of space. He didn't even have the nuts to walk. Pitiful!

One thing that is a positive is the fact Nicks has been through the last GWS finals run. Its a bit underrated what GWS did IMO.

Smashed with injuries and suspensions but were galvanised and managed to beat Dogs, Lions and Pies. Most of those being on the road in finals pressure.

Yes, they s**t the bed in the grand final but Nicks was part of the grand final week and build up with the team....something that the Crows and Pyke didnt deal with very well. Overawed at the occasion and Nicks should be well equipped when it happens again.
I'm 100% on board with this. GF aside, GWS were incredibly impressive in the finals. A bit lucky in the end of the PF, but learnt their lead through tough play.

If Nicks brings that brand of unsociable, tough play, I'll be very happy. I am a bit concerned that GWS in the second half of the PF and in the GF, tried to play the same slow, controlled game that Pyke implemented (with the same result as well)

I'm 100% on board with this. GF aside, GWS were incredibly impressive in the finals. A bit lucky in the end of the PF, but learnt their lead through tough play.

If Nicks brings that brand of unsociable, tough play, I'll be very happy. I am a bit concerned that GWS in the second half of the PF and in the GF, tried to play the same slow, controlled game that Pyke implemented (with the same result as well)

Just want to see some football where you can be sure that our players will actually tackle effectively and consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back