Strategy Our Next Senior Coach: 2019 & Beyond... is Matthew Nicks

Our next senior coach...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is on the on the panel to select the next coach?

I actually would love to hear Blight's input if we asked him.

Brett+Burton+Adelaide+Crows+Press+Conference+Q7EjuQxnh8Ql.jpg

Who is on the on the panel to select the next coach?

I actually would love to hear Blight's input if we asked him.
Rob Chapman and Roo......

There will be no interviews, Roo's acquaintances only.

OK here is name from Left Field, Roy Laird. No AFL experience but has a few SANFL Premierships in his cupboard
Wouldn't think he would want to coach anywhere again.

TBH from what I've heard in the last 18 months he wouldn't handle an AFL environment

Any chance Younie gets the job even in an interim capacity if the best candidate is not available this year? Knows our juniors the best?
Bit too close to the current setup, though he does have some different philosophies.

I don't think he'd be interested anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all those people wanting Lyon to Adelaide - trust me when I say you do not want Lyon to Adelaide.

I know a couple of people at the FFC who have told me some tales.

We want to destroy the boys club that exists, not solidify it in concrete. We also want elite standards, not different standards and cover ups depending on what your name is.

Do. Not. Want.

not to mention some on here are suggesting Lyon as a Snr Asst or Director of Football, which is laughable

Lyon and his ego will only consider a Senior Coach role, nothing else

apart from the reasons you mentioned there is also his dull out dated game plan, his obsession to control everything and lets not forget his inability to rebuild a team

Does anyone here know much about Scott Burns? I do know that when he Interviewed for us back in 2011, he only had 4 years coaching experience and now had an extra 8 years experience since then.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Burns wanted to make big changes and the board thought it was not needed. This time around I think they may see it differently. If not Burns then Bassett

Burns wanted to make big changes and the board thought it was not needed. This time around I think they may see it differently. If not Burns then Bassett
Yeah I hope he will be a ruthless type of coach that drops players when underperforming and gives chances to young players. Also not keen on Bassett, and I am a Norwood supporter mind you and although his game plan worked well in the SANFL for 3 premierships in a row it doesn't mean that will translate to AFL. I reckon that ultra defensive game is a thing of the past now and that's what you'd be getting with Bassett.

Until we hear it from the club, I don't know if Burns is truly the front runner, it's the media stating that but how do they know that? We haven't even announced our panel yet to search for our next coach.

On SM-T590 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Surely all those suggesting Hodge must think Voss would be a good option?
Yes, it's too much of jump from playing to coaching.

If we are keen on an ex-Hawk then Mitchell would be a better option having worked under 2 of the best coaches.

If we get an inexperienced coach, would be good to get in a quality senior assistant &/or football manager. Wouldn't be against bringing in someone like B Scott.

They're talking about him because he's been the senior assistant at some fantastic programs - Collingwood, Hawthorn, West Coast.
remiershps
He's had an ideal apprenticeship.
caracella: premiership player at essendon and brisbane.
caracella: assistant coach at collingwood, geelong (part of their premiership) and richmond (part of their premiership)
burns: played at collingwood: no premiership.
burns: assistant coach at collingwood, west coast and hawthorn (part of no premierships)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back