Status
Not open for further replies.

mcattack

All Australian
Apr 14, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
wouldnt pick it
yep and if the players were complaining the club should sprinkle a bit of concrete in their coffee. Clarkson is tough but fair most clubs and fans want him as their coach. To me he looks the quite but thinking type of personality.

Scrogdogg

Club Legend
May 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
It seems like we can’t have a coach for more than 4 years before calling for him to be sacked. Sacking the senior coach sends the message that your doing something about the poor performance however, are you really addressing the problem if you’re back to where you started? Sacking the the senior coach is actually the easy thing to do because you’re putting all the responsibility on the senior coach. There are other key decision makers at fault as well but they seem to survive each time we sack a coach. We go through the same cycle over and over but end up in the same position each time. Each time a new coach comes in you get a spike in performance, which is natural but that spike doesn’t last long term.

You have to question whether the senior coach is handicapped to some degree in the assistants they bring in. After all, we do have career assistant coaches in Camporeale and Clarke. Then there’s Hart who returned from his failed coaching stint at Collingwood. I wouldn’t be putting all the blame on Pyke. We really need to do an external review. None of these internal reviews where there are no issues and everyone is doing a great job.

As somebody has already posted - Camporeale has been there for 4 senior coac terms. Something doesn't add up here ? The AFC is too in-house, too conservative and has a vision of nothing more than 12 months.

Scrogdogg

Club Legend
May 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think Bass should be our next coach

We need someone who is super competitive
Someone who gets the best out of players and can inspire them
Someone who can make a hard decision regardless of the fall out.
Someone who is a bit unusual.

Bass is all of those, no way Roo would ever appoint him though.

So has Roo become the problem ?

Scrogdogg

Club Legend
May 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Richmond went down the same external review path as Collingwood. I think it was conducted by KPMG. The result was on both were substantial clean outs within the football departments. The Richmond review was orchestrated by Brendon Gale. I think McGuire was responsible for initiating Collingwoods review.

Pert was shown the door, and Gubby Allen head hunted by McGuire which resulted in Balme leaving Collingwood and taking over the Head of Football Dept role at Richmond (the role Brett Burton fills at Adelaide)

edit: Definitely the external review that our club desperately needs to undertake. Though pointless if they don't clean out the dead wood afterwards. Not the BS reviews performed internally that are completely opaque

We just need to do SOMETHING. Stir the possum instead of this rolling on year after year.

Scrogdogg

Club Legend
May 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Unless you can find a personality big enough and authoritative enough to change the club culture then this revolving door will achieve nothing.

Doesn't have to be a senior coach though. Just an administrator that will make things happen.

betterthanu

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 29, 2006
ADL
AFL Club
Adelaide
Rob Harding, ex crows opposition strategy coach is leaving Essendon. Pretty sure hes married to Katrina Gil who was in the AFC media team. Wonder if they're heading back to SA?

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
He actually has a lot of friends, just none involved in footy lol
I played social lawn bowls against him for a few years, hes a great bloke. Very different, but very good all the same

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
I played social lawn bowls against him for a few years, hes a great bloke. Very different, but very good all the same

I played football with him, good guy, gets along well with him and many people I know.
Super competitive, but pretty stubborn when it comes to talking about afl.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I played football with him, good guy, gets along well with him and many people I know.
Super competitive, but pretty stubborn when it comes to talking about afl.
He is, we generally stuck to the usual social bowls talk of "who's round is it this end"

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
No chance the crows give him the coaching position as he won't be anyones puppet.
I might be wrong but I dont believe he got on that well with some of the current ex-players who are currently at the club.

So yeah he wont be getting a gig here anytime soon

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
I might be wrong but I dont believe he got on that well with some of the current ex-players who are currently at the club.

So yeah he wont be getting a gig here anytime soon

I actually think Roo and him would get along well.
But Campo, Birdman, Smart etc I doubt he Bass would want any dealings with.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I'vee never seen a coach ask his own supporters "why the fu** are you talking to me?" until Bassett got a head coaching gig at Norwood.
Super intense bloke, was probably too much so.

Think he's mellowed a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back