Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
The same Scott Burns that interviewed poorly when Pyke got the job?

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think that was when Sanderson got the job.

The only reason the Crows didn't like his interview was because he used the forbidden R (rebuild) word, while Sanderson told the club he wanted to keep the status quo with the list.

King Of Money

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 11, 2013
34.9155° S, 138.5961° E
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Strikers, 36ers, LA Rams, Liverpool
Voss gave no evidence he could coach.

I always thought that Brad Scott overachieved at a broke club. They were always tough to beat and had great culture.
Fair point about Voss - in fact the more I think about it the cooler I get about it. Really needs to have some finals success with Port to get him another crack at a senior job. It's hard to judge how much affect assistants have, but his move to Senior Assistant this year did coincide with an injection of youth and a brighter on-ground outlook for Port.

On Brad Scott - not sure how he's overachieved when they haven't achieved anything. He had 10 years to get the list he wanted and drive the game style and culture of that club. He's not what Adelaide need - unless treading water and finishing mid-table is the goal.

Never Say Never Again.

graham-cornes.jpg

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
As crazy as it sounds I would say to Malcom Blight can you caretake for one year whilst we scoure the country for the right man.
He would cut and cull the list so the fresh person can come in a take over with out having to weed the garden.

Maggsy

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Considering everything that's going on at the moment and the imminent cleanout of Crows old boys, I just can't see the club going for an ex Crow player like Rutten / Bassett, wouldn't send a great message.

Reckon it could be between one of the 4 below, all offer something different.

The new guy;

Mitchell: Hungry, Ruthless, a Product of the Clarkson model and has been around success his whole career.

The Long considered, never chosen;

Sumich: Been there abouts for a decade, I can't remember a job he WASN'T considered for. Would add a fresh approach and has great connections throughout the industry so would bring all new assistants. History of working with young kids too - well need this for the next 2-3 years.
Burns: A bit like Sumich has been thrown about a lot, but doing a stint under Clarkson helps his currency. Deserves a shot and was suggesting rebuild when interviewed by us last time, maybe more acceptable a concept now.

The 2nd timer;
Voss: I like most are torn on Vossy, but I firmly believe the Lions took him on way too early, he would be a different coach now though, has had years and multiple coaches to hone his craft since being sacked. I wouldn't mind him personally.

Don’t know how much that past pursuit carries, Pyke was the one who wanted Longmuire. With Pyke no longer there there’s no link, same reason with Sumich

I think he'd be a good get as an assistant at the very least, our coaching panel is barren

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
Choco Williams. Let's at least get some humour out of it.

I couldn't support the club if he was coaching them.

As much as I detest James Turd, I would even be more willing to accept him as coach before Choco.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
The more I think about it, the more I would like someone like Mitchell in the seat. I know he has no senior coach experience, but what he does have is massive respect in the game, is young and would bring new ideas and has that hawthorn / clarkson ethos in him. If a number of players do leave, then it gives him somewhat of a clean slate to stamp his authority on the club starting with this upcoming trade and draft period.

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
What's the go with Blake Caracella? He seemed to have quite a few clubs chasing him to be an assistant, but I'm not aware of him getting particularly close to a senior job? Worthy candidate? Or Campo-esque career assistant?

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
What's the go with Blake Caracella? He seemed to have quite a few clubs chasing him to be an assistant, but I'm not aware of him getting particularly close to a senior job? Worthy candidate? Or Campo-esque career assistant?
Clearly not Campo-esque... Caracella is actually in demand

Jul 17, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Everyone saying who they want. I don't know who would want to coach us.

Mediocre club, poorly administered, with savage fans and intense scrutiny. It's just setting up the next coach to fail. Honestly, you'd be an idiot to apply.

Great recruitment department but the way things are going we'll lose that too.
It's an indictment that a club so well supported and resourced as ours is such a laughing stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back