Strategy Our Next Senior Coach: 2019 & Beyond... is Matthew Nicks

Our next senior coach...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want Lyon. Tarnished brand.
I think he is a good coach, but brand is so damaged any club would be stupid picking him up this year.

Freo finish bottom 2 and only win three games next year, Ross's brand value increases. Wouldn't be surprised if we haven't seen the last of Ross.

First Crack on Foxtel hyping up Ross’ chances, and it’s making too much sense unfortunately.

I think he’ll come in with an apprentice senior assistant.

First Crack on Foxtel hyping up Ross’ chances, and it’s making too much sense unfortunately.

If we can extract Hodge out of Brisbane as senor assistant apprentice then I'm all in on Ross.

I think it will be

giphy.gif

or

giphy.gif
You're spot on
People want a broom
He is it

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

I swear if scott burns wasnt from SA then no one would be taliking about him. Some people need to let the "from SA romance" bs go.
I think the SA slant is they know the fishbowl.

But Burns hasn't been here for that long he wouldn't.

We need someone that has either been at somewhere like Collingwood or WCE.

I think the SA slant is they know the fishbowl.

But Burns hasn't been here for that long he wouldn't.

We need someone that has either been at somewhere like Collingwood or WCE.
What about richmond? The side that flogged us in the grand final? and will prolly win the flag again this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least Lyon wouldn't take any crap from Campo, who seems have a Rasputin-like magic spell on all our coaches, but in all other respects no thanks

Lot of Burns hate from the newbie. Did he forget to call you or something?
no, I just want the best coach available. I dont want burns just because he's from SA. it's ok, I know roo will get the best man for the job and not fall for the "he's from SA" bs.

a lot of people are saying burns. tell me why.

I've given my reasons for caracella. highly rated assistant coach who was involved in the geelong and richmond premierships. also won grand finals as a player so he knows what it takes.

whats burns done besides playing at collingwood and being an assistant coach at a few clubs? why isnt matthew nicks just as popular as burns? he's just as relevant. oh wait, he's not from SA.

Last edited:
I wouldnt mind getting Lyon if he assists in the rebuild in order to groom an assistant like Truck, with the understanding Truck gets the job in 2-3 years.
I could see this happening. Won’t be truck though.

Supporters won’t accept Ross as coach. Club will find it hard to sell a rookie coach.

Lyon as a senior assistant mentoring a shiny new coach is something they can spin into a win. And who knows, it might be. Probably the best we can hope for.

Read the thread, and try to get over what Scotty did to you, whatever it was...
Read what thread? Its about who should be the next crows coach. Still cant give me a reason why burns should be coach lol. Get the SA romance out your skull.

Read what thread? Its about who should be the next crows coach. Still cant give me a reason why burns should be coach lol. Get the SA romance out your skull.
Burns has spent more time out of SA than in it. Coached at three big, successful club's, currently under the best coach in the land. Is as qualified as most on the list of potentials.

But it's not a personal issue for me like it seems to be for you ;)

Not that he will ever come here or the experience but someone who would make a great coach IMO would be Jimmy Bartel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back