Strategy Our Next Senior Coach: 2019 & Beyond... is Matthew Nicks

Our next senior coach...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They won’t turf him Macca.

He’ll have some kind of role created for him with a promise he can rise again when the dust settles.

Similar to Phil Harper
I know we're all getting cynical (me more than most) but surely he's gone completely if he gets cut as football manager

Completely untenable to have him hanging around with others doing the prominent roles he used to have. Harper shuffled from one background role into another.

I know we're all getting cynical (me more than most) but surely he's gone completely if he gets cut as football manager

Completely untenable to have him hanging around with others doing the prominent roles he used to have. Harper shuffled from one background role into another.
Harper was GM Football Operations, a key role at Tippett time. He’s retained, makes coffee for 5 years, and is now back on the rise as a key plank in the AFLW side.

Sorry Brett is just too hot right now, be patient - look how Phil managed it. Hang in there.

I want him gone as much as the next person - but it’s not the AFC way. Coaches? Sure we burn through them, not key staff though

Harper was GM Football Operations, a key role at Tippett time. He’s retained, makes coffee for 5 years, and is now back on the rise as a key plank in the AFLW side.

Sorry Brett is just too hot right now, be patient - look how Phil managed it. Hang in there.

I want him gone as much as the next person - but it’s not the AFC way. Coaches? Sure we burn through them, not key staff though
I was in the kiosk at AO about 30 minutes before a game and Harper was in there.

It was amusing watching him select a bucket of chips. He pretty much looked at every bucket, inspected a few by picking them up one by one and finally selected a bucket of chips he seemed to like. Took a few minutes.

As amusing as that was, I did think he must not have much of a match day role given he had that much time to spend selecting his chips. Or even be in the kiosk at that time.

Also, if he had that attention to detail in his job, he may not be in the situation where he was selecting a bucket of chips 30 minutes before a game.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Godden. lol.

Current midfield coach. Cant be. surely.

Im still thinking it will be someone who no one has mentioned. Our last two have been left field.

Golden isn't a prominent sanfl coach though, made it sound like a prominent coach who is coaching currently in the sanfl.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nah listen again they're talking about Godden. McGuire asks who's Michael Godden? Browne says he's a prominent sanfl coach.

Tom Browne wouldn't know Godden is a crows assistant coach

Nah listen again they're talking about Godden. McGuire asks who's Michael Godden? Browne says he's a prominent sanfl coach.

Tom Browne wouldn't know Godden is a crows assistant coach
Yes spot on, I just went and listened - Godden it is.

Saw somewhere prominent SANFL coach and likened to a Chris Fagan situation.

Stone is 50, was in the AFL system over a decade at Freo, WCE and Sydney.

Fits the bill for the rumour I’d say
If we're going for an "elder" statesman type we should be after Gerard Fitzgerald either as coach or in Burton's current role....I've seen first hand and up close how good this bloke is. Don't know if he'd be interested but he should be sounded out for at least Burton's job. Would also have been a good person to get for our review panel or for our coach selection panel.

Stepped away from coaching for a year or two but came back to coach Hamilton in the Hampden League this year so the fire's still burning.

He said a meeting with Kangaroos' officials in July put the wheels in motion for his appointment.
"I'd been part of helping a lot of clubs navigate their way to finding a coach and what their coaching structure could look like," FitzGerald said.
"I'd perhaps advised clubs on how to go about that process, and that's how the meeting (with Hamilton Kangaroos) started.
"I walked away really impressed. There was real integrity in the way it was dealt with.
"It was probably because the impression on me was so significant that it made me think 'is it time for me now to have another go at coaching?
'The answer to that was 'yes I do, in the right environment'.
Gerard FitzGerald
"The answer to that was 'yes I do, in the right environment'."
The 62-year-old said he'd introduce new philosophies around training and on-field performance.
"I'm excited because in a rural city like Hamilton, only having the one team, there should be reasonable potential to do well," he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back