2nds Our own Vfl team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also be good to get development players in to track their progress with the potential of drafting them to the senior list. Kinda like red bull does with torro rossco in F1.

We are now at a stage where we should return to the "reserve team" format. VFL and AFL reserves as separate competitions is what I'd like to see.
So would most peple I think.
Unless that happens, I would like to see us have one team. Whether that is stand-alone or North Ballarat, I'm not too fussed about.
Would the VFL team, be allowed to play at Arden St? Would the council allow it to be properly fenced off, etc, given its largely a community facility? Or would we need to find another oval in the area?

If the club still hopes to eventually play games there instead of Hobart, keeping a Roos/Roosters alignment might be a decent option until then. Otherwise the North brand might be diluted there if games eventually go to Ballarat.

In some way the split alignment works well though. It means our reserves are likely to always play senior in the VFL, where some clubs with alignment have their a few players in VFL reserves sides. Even for guys a long way from making the North first 22,playing senior VFL each week is quicker development than playing VFL reserves. But, we don't have as much control over they are used as if we had a stand-alone side or a domineeing relationship loike Box Hell are under with Hawthorn.

That's why we're top four and they aren't even in the eight.

We shouldn't be looking to a club that can barely win a game as an example.
Geelong have their own reserves team. Hawthorn essentially do. Having our own vfl team is hardly why we're not in the eight, much like the split alignment is not what made you too four.

Geelong have their own reserves team. Hawthorn essentially do. Having our own vfl team is hardly why we're not in the eight, much like the split alignment is not what made you too four.

Hawthorn and Geelong can afford both a VFL team and a very good football department, but it seems our clubs can only afford one of the two.

I don't mean to be, this is just how I see it. I don't think North Melbourne putting money into a VFL team like we just have it to throw around is a very good idea.
Dogs members donated a fair chunk of money ourselves for our side. Was a specific campaign .

All about spending money to make money. The bulldogs make more money hosting a vfl game at whitten oval than they do afl games at jihad. That's money from this year which is being put directly back into the fd. Our debt is largely due to the edgewater development, which is progressing steadily now after a few years of hold ups.

As a tenant of etihad North could benefit the same possibly. Especially if the team is well supported like ours has been. WO wasn't up to standard before, our membership money helped there.

And then you go through the benefits of all your kids playing together under the club system.

Dogs members donated a fair chunk of money ourselves for our side. Was a specific campaign .

All about spending money to make money. The bulldogs make more money hosting a vfl game at whitten oval than they do afl games at jihad. That's money from this year which is being put directly back into the fd. Our debt is largely due to the edgewater development, which is progressing steadily now after a few years of hold ups.

As a tenant of etihad North could benefit the same possibly. Especially if the team is well supported like ours has been. WO wasn't up to standard before, our membership money helped there.

And then you go through the benefits of all your kids playing together under the club system.

Ok, I didn't know that, sounds like a good setup. As it is currently though, Arden St. is a training ground with no grandstand and such a construction would probably be pretty costly and required if we wanted to host games there.

Thompson - Petrie - McDonald
Atley - Hansen - Higgins
Harvey - Wells - Dal Santo
Turner - Brown - Ziebell
Wood - Waite - Thomas
Goldstein - Cunnington - Swallow
Garner Dumont Mullet Harper

Taking our mist talented 22 out, ie: our best/most lethal 22.

Our VFL looks the goods assuming we take, Cockatoo, Menadue & Clem.

Smith - Tippett - Firitto
Wright - Grima - MacMillan
Gibson - Jacobs - McKenzie
Black - Tarrant - Adams
Nahas - Daw - Menadue
Currie - Cockatoo - Bastinac
Hine, Wallace, Delaney, McMahon

Black - Tarrant - Adams
Nahas - Daw - Menadue

l so like the look of that............:)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-20/tv-boost-for-state-leagues

if this deal goes through, there may be more of a chance of us getting a VFL team soon, more chance of sponsors getting on the TV, more money being paid by the sponsors of a reserves team

It's definitely confirmed.

The SANFL had a huge boost in ratings because of doing this, this year.

With the club abandoning Utah for 3/4 of the list, and if there was a concerted drive through supporters to help back relevant start up costs, I think it's doable, and probably should happen given the state of the rest of the AFL clubs moving towards it.

If you're weighting up relevant development value, I'd say a North VFL side, far outweighs sending some guys overseas for a few weeks.

I'd definitely donate to a debt demolition style fund drive for a NMFC VFL side in 2016 based out of Arden StNo Bull

With a state election coming up, there is no better time to pursue something like this.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's definitely confirmed.

The SANFL had a huge boost in ratings because of doing this, this year.

With the club abandoning Utah for 3/4 of the list, and if there was a concerted drive through supporters to help back relevant start up costs, I think it's doable, and probably should happen given the state of the rest of the AFL clubs moving towards it.

If you're weighting up relevant development value, I'd say a North VFL side, far outweighs sending some guys overseas for a few weeks.

I'd definitely donate to a debt demolition style fund drive for a NMFC VFL side in 2016 based out of Arden StNo Bull

With a state election coming up, there is no better time to pursue something like this.....
I second that motion.

The lack of a fence would be a major blockade. A permanent fence won't happen and nor should it, would discourage people from using public land. Temporary fencing each weekend would be a very expensive pain.

The lack of a fence would be a major blockade. A permanent fence won't happen and nor should it, would discourage people from using public land. Temporary fencing each weekend would be a very expensive pain.
Mostly fenced, but with regular unfenced gaps for public access that could be closed off with temporary fencing when required?

Thompson - Petrie - McDonald
Atley - Hansen - Higgins
Harvey - Wells - Dal Santo
Turner - Brown - Ziebell
Wood - Waite - Thomas
Goldstein - Cunnington - Swallow
Garner Dumont Mullet Harper

Black - Tarrant - Adams
Nahas - Daw - Menadue
Gibson would be best 22, Wright probably would be aswell after the finals.

Mostly fenced, but with regular unfenced gaps for public access that could be closed off with temporary fencing when required?
Something like that may be the go. The problem is as I see it that from Arden St itself there isn't a lot of frontage for the oval itself as it is set behind buildings. It's really great how the club and the community are intertwined as they are, if we were going to fence it off some how we would have to be very creative about it.

Something like that may be the go. The problem is as I see it that from Arden St itself there isn't a lot of frontage for the oval itself as it is set behind buildings. It's really great how the club and the community are intertwined as they are, if we were going to fence it off some how we would have to be very creative about it.
Well, we have form in this regard. :)

Would be keen for our own VFL team. To stream our game,like on the weekends game. Or go down to Arden St. With the players on the same game plan in the VFL as in the AFL. Also, can see the rookie list gone in 2 years. Meaning can keep older players on the list longer?

Unnecessary for us. Things are going well and one could argue Ben Brown was due to Werribe. We are pushing top 4, and will Finnish above a lot of clubs that have a VFL side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back