2nds Our own Vfl team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I thought the dual alignment was the best option without having a standalone VFL side - better than a single alignment for progressing players. Now that that is likely to end I think the VFL team needs to be brought back onto the agenda earlier rather than later.

Aren't we hoping to develop a better relationship with Werribee?

I'd argue that given the Ballarat thing is ending either way that an enhanced Werribee relationship is the default position rather than necessarily a strategic one - and I don't mean any disrespect to them. I think it has been a good relationship for us (and hopefully them).

Are the Dogs reaping the benefits of having their own VFL team?

Is it too soon to see the result after just 1 year? The fact is, they've won the VFL last year, and obviously have talent there, but the development of players is the key. Our setup worries me to be honest. Too many of our VFL players treading water if not moving backwards.

Personally, I'd bite the bullet and create our own VFL side. If the Dogs afford it, we can.

Playing at Arden St, the same size as Edihad. Is a good start.
Just need to teach them to whack players in the VFl before moving up to the AFL.
Apparently it's a sign of a aggressive team.

$$$$ but I agree well worth it.
Besides as the thread that I posted above says, s**t it would be good to have footy back at Arden Street!!!

The day we have a reserves team strutting their stuff at Arden St I will be a happy man.

The whole Werribee/Ballarat thing is a real shambles and seems very unorganized.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The state government has released plans to "revitalise" 56 hectares of land around Arden Street when they end up building the new station. They plan to, for lack of a better word, "gentrify" the area and have it be a hub for the locals, creating a new area where people can go and eat breakfast, shop et cetera.

Surely there is an opportunity for the club to get involved at some level, given the station will provide almost a direct link to the football ground.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...elbournes-arden-precinct-20160831-gr60ju.html

arden729px.jpg

It probably isn't something for next year or even the year after. I'm not sure of the deal we have in place with Werribee but I'm assuming it's for several years. Perhaps at the conclusion of that deal, with the continued profits coming out of Arden Street - what is it, 3-4 years running? - we can look at creating our own VFL team. Monetarily, it would make sense. With the development of the precinct around the club, it would drive new membership. From a football perspective, it would make the most sense to have our own VFL side with a focus on developing our game style independent of Werribee (as good as the partnership has been).

The state government has released plans to "revitalise" 56 hectares of land around Arden Street when they end up building the new station. They plan to, for lack of a better word, "gentrify" the area and have it be a hub for the locals, creating a new area where people can go and eat breakfast, shop et cetera.

Surely there is an opportunity for the club to get involved at some level, given the station will provide almost a direct link to the football ground.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...elbournes-arden-precinct-20160831-gr60ju.html

arden729px.jpg

It probably isn't something for next year or even the year after. I'm not sure of the deal we have in place with Werribee but I'm assuming it's for several years. Perhaps at the conclusion of that deal, with the continued profits coming out of Arden Street - what is it, 3-4 years running? - we can look at creating our own VFL team. Monetarily, it would make sense. With the development of the precinct around the club, it would drive new membership. From a football perspective, it would make the most sense to have our own VFL side with a focus on developing our game style independent of Werribee (as good as the partnership has been).

The AFL should use this as a tool to help us build 25k seats at Arden Street.

The AFL should use this as a tool to help us build 25k seats at Arden Street.

******* oath they should. What better to drive interested members of the public to a newly developed area than a boutique stadium showing games of local football every weekend?

"Honey would you like to go to the new Arden precinct this weekend? I hear they have fantastic shopping and a wonderful breakfast place that has just opened up"

"Nah that sounds s**t"

"Oh I see they have just opened a new stadium down there as well. There is a game of VFL on"

"I'll be in the car"

Saw this and thought similar.

There's even an argument that we could focus on non gate takings as a model to get financial rewards out of this (ie. rather than taking a token $5 at the gate use the crowds to fund alternative incomes (gourmet food, stalls, shops - dare I say it a cafe?).

arden729px.jpg

I'm hearing the Werribee deal is going to be long term as atm we have 1 more year but I expect us to sign for 5 more years

I agree with the sentiments of most on here, it's super important to a) have all listed players in the same team (not Dev squad) and b) working on the same game plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back