Toast Our Premiership Ruckman. Thank you Grigga!

Remove this Banner Ad

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
I wonder what impact playing the ruck the past couple of years had on his body and if it cut his time short a little bit? Maybe not, but still it's a pretty tough thing to do.

This is really a blessing though with the way our list is posed at the moment, perfect retirement timing Grigg, big respect for not dragging it on

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
I wonder what impact playing the ruck the past couple of years had on his body and if it cut his time short a little bit? Maybe not, but still it's a pretty tough thing to do.

This is really a blessing though with the way our list is posed at the moment, perfect retirement timing Grigg, big respect for not dragging it on
Very little I imagine given he never actually jumped/banged /crashed at stoppages, just merely stood there and became another onballer....

Great for us it worked, but I don't think the physical toll of a ruckman applied to Griggs

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Very little I imagine given he never actually jumped/banged /crashed at stoppages, just merely stood there and became another onballer....

Great for us it worked, but I don't think the physical toll of a ruckman applied to Griggs
I dunno, he did jump a few times at centre clearances. I've played undersized in the ruck a few times, even if you don't jump it's a tough day at the office.

Tigerbob68

????????????
May 19, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Every one of our 22 Premiership heroes is naturally very very special to all of us. For some strange reason there's two that I've always been just that little bit happier for. One is Townsend. Just thinking about where his head would have been 5 weeks before the end of the year and he gets thrust into glory, it's beautiful.
Shaun is the other. Probably just because he's been a whipping boy. He's been a much better player than some people would have given him credit for but thankfully the bulk of the Tiger Army saw his value. In one of the GF after match broadcasts he's interviewed in the rooms and his young son is playing with the premiership medallion. So cool. I reckon the shot of his goal in the GF is one the greatest moments of the game. The size of the crowd going up behind the goals is just awesome!
I'm so stoked that he was able to cap his career with a premiership and will always be grateful for his contribution to our club. Good luck Griggs!!! :)
One of my favourite footy pics that I've posted on here multiple times:
363796_gl.jpg

Thanks and congratulations on an awesome career Grigga!
Got the absolute max out of his abilities with showing how smart and durable he is to be a premiership Ruckmen!!

Ripping bloke as well! Hope he goes into media or at least more time on the talking tigers podcast!

Thanks for the memories grigga always a solid role player and Richmond man gets to go out as a premiership ruckman and puts the club he loves first allowing us a pick in the mid season draft

Enjoy retirement mate we will never forget the memories

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
I think one of his more distinctive qualities was being able to find space forward and be a reliable shot on goal. Not that common for a mid but very useful

Mar 13, 2007
THE TAN
AFL Club
Richmond
I was one of the doomsdayers who felt with he and Houli in our side we'd never win a flag.
Not only was I wrong but they played intregal parts of that win with Grigg playing as big a part as any.
The move of him into the 2nd ruck role also meant we loss his ability to match up against the oppositions biggest midfielders which has been glowing.
His best years were his last 2 .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Filthy Sanchez

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
I’ll always think of Martin, Houli and Grigg as those initial players under Hardwick who took the first steps to bringing us into our era of success.

Thank you Grigg for being a great team player, guy running like helol and lifting the standard of a very young and inexperienced side.

Thanks for the memories Grigga!!

Apr 20, 2014
Brunch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
Andrew Collins... Lol
Remember when lolton thought they won that trade
I'll put my hand up, I was spewing at the time. I loved Collins, brave little *er. The day he got knocked senseless against the Swans but got up and dragged us over the line. Thought he was a ripper. Blues managed to turn him into a spud.

I was completely wrong on Grigg. Awesome running power, smarter footballer than the wider community give him credit for. Knew where to be, and when.

A ripper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back