Toast Our Premiership Ruckman. Thank you Grigga!

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers Shaun. Thanks for everything & your incredibly unselfish act in retirement. I must confess it took me a while to see your value, but that's probably a reflection of me rather than you. You were the epitome of team man & soldier on the field & you were a huge part of that great day in 2017. All the best in your post footy life

Feck i'm going to miss this sneaky bastard of a midfielder, the original space invader!
Reinvented the Ruckman's role while he was at it...just for good measure!
Dusty's best mate has to count for something!
Gave us all one up on cartoon for his trade...smart cookie! suck it cheaters!
Potential 2 F/Ss...hopefully!
Contributed to a GF win...will be a legend and life time club member for that alone!
Feck i'm getting old, seems like only yesterday....

From turnstiles arms in a tackle to a premiership ruckman.
Fair play to the man, he’s a Richmond premiership player.
The handball over his head to Lambert in the third quarter was the goal that made me actually dare to think we could win the flag.
Glorious

Last edited:
I do hope Grigga ends up reading this one on the AFL site.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05-16/clubs-circle-205cm-103kg-former-college-basketballer-knoll

Half way through the article ...

'Essendon and Richmond are in need of adding ruck depth.

The Bombers are without rookie-listed ruckman Sam Draper for the rest of the season with a torn ACL.

Meanwhile, the Tigers are stretched thin having lost Toby Nankervis for 6-8 weeks with an adductor injury, while Shaun Grigg has retired.'

Good call Damien Barrett noting Richmond had two ruck spots to fill. I bet he had a smile when he wrote this article.

As to the big guy I have no idea, big call for him to replace either of our premiership ruckmen.

First of the 21st century immortals to retire. Thank you for everything Shaun Grigg. Thought there should be a thread to reminisce about his fantastic career.

Gotta own up and say that I was screaming for his head a few seasons back , I thought he was too “outside”. As usual , with all my ramblings I am so happy to declare I was wrong . Sits comfortably with fellow tiger Ruck giants such as Bob Heard , mark Lee , David honeybun , Greg deAr , Ty esler and Nathan broad .
A thinking mans footballer !!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KRaskff.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back