Our retirees: Sharni Layton, Erin Bell, Shae Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
It seems we have a number of retirements this season with our talisman Sharni Layton in addition to veterans Shae Brown and Erin Bell. Our coach is on the way out too. A lot of change after a disappointing season. They just had a very touching piece on Sharni Layton prior to todays game. She'll be a big loss. Here's an article on Brown and Bell: http://magpiesnetball.com.au/news/veteran-pair-announce-netball-retirements/

Where to from here?

Would be surprised if Teague-Neald remains with the Magpies as well next year. She’s only been used sparingly but when she has played she hasn’t been terribly impressive. And after the disappointing season we’ve had some serious change is needed.

Hey Maggie5 I recall you were once a crack netball coach! Have you been following the super netball? Where do you think the Magpies need to improve?
Would you believe that I haven't watched any?

I lost interest in netball and softball (played and coached both) due to the way they where run years ago. Old women's club and a case of who you knew.

Would you believe that I haven't watched any?

I lost interest in netball and softball (played and coached both) due to the way they where run years ago. Old women's club and a case of who you knew.

I do remember you saying you'd lost your passion for it. I thought you may have followed it with the Pies in it. It's a real shame that. I wonder if things have changed since then?

Would be surprised if Teague-Neald remains with the Magpies as well next year. She’s only been used sparingly but when she has played she hasn’t been terribly impressive. And after the disappointing season we’ve had some serious change is needed.

Was Teague-Neeld any relation to our ex assistant Neeld?

Quite a few positions to fill. GD, GA and C. Where do we need to improve? Is there enough talent outside super netball? Or do we need to target players from existing clubs?

Quite a few positions to fill. GD, GA and C. Where do we need to improve? Is there enough talent outside super netball? Or do we need to target players from existing clubs?
I believe she is related to him though I can’t recall how (it was mentioned at the launch last year).

I reckon we need to get a bit younger. This year only Ravallion, Teague-Neeld & Garrett were under 26. We clearly recruited our foundation squad for immediate success and it didn’t work.

I do remember you saying you'd lost your passion for it. I thought you may have followed it with the Pies in it. It's a real shame that. I wonder if things have changed since then?
Not at grass roots level. I am more interested in the girls playing footy now.

I might just watch the next game although don't know any of the players.

Alice is Marks daughter

Need a GA badly
Need a tall GK

Time to go shopping

It seems we have a number of retirements this season with our talisman Sharni Layton in addition to veterans Shae Brown and Erin Bell. Our coach is on the way out too. A lot of change after a disappointing season. They just had a very touching piece on Sharni Layton prior to todays game. She'll be a big loss. Here's an article on Brown and Bell: http://magpiesnetball.com.au/news/veteran-pair-announce-netball-retirements/

Where to from here?

I think there was talk of Layton code switching to AFLW.

She’s grouse, would love to see her stay at Collingwood and put on the boots!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back