Our Run home - near impossible to finish top 4

Remove this Banner Ad

100% mate. last nights result is very close to putting a nail in our top 4 coffin imo. That WCE drop will prove to be ridiculously costly. if anyone can go on a tear from outside the top 4 and win the whole thing, we can. So all is not lost. I think our best footy is still the best footy and that isn't fantasy talk, many a commentator have said that as well. I think this talk of a top 4 slider falling from grace is just wishful thinking, it could happen, anything could happen but if anything the top 4 is proving to be even, beating eachother, no one said is getting beat up on, there doesn't look to be a likely slider. Bring on 5th and our greatest premiership yet.

Exactly - we need to sort out our problems before all other issues. At this point we haven't - be it injury, attitude, system, chemistry - we have not been our best in any game for 4 quarters IMO. They key is to not externalise our excuses and look inward. I am sure the club is doing that already, but as a supporter base its better to understand that for your own sanity. If you want to follow the team to "this level", try to replicate their own mentality - then you can gauge our real success.

A flag from outside the top 4 will be so much more fun too.

It is worth noting that since the introduction of the pre-finals bye, only 4/10 qualifying final winners have gone on to win the preliminary final. 17 of the previous 18 preliminary final winners won the qualifying final.

Takeaway - finishing top four is overrated (except for having a loss up the sleeve - only the dogs in 2016 was outside top 4)

View attachment 1163132

My Latest predictor.

This has us winning every game, except a loss to Geelong - while most of the other top win most of their obvious wins and have a few upsets between each other + Swans, Giants & Bombers

Percentage needs to be a target for us. Very well could be the difference between a home or away final to Port or the Eagles. I would not want to face either away from home first week in a elimination final - i think the umpiring would be murder

Geelong are shot.

Last night's game exposed all the flaws of having an ageing team and playing away from kp. I've put a big red line through them. Straight sets.

Our year has been average but every flag has had us peaking to perfection (we always forget this). Povided we finish no lower than 6th we are a huge chance.

Geelong are shot.

Last night's game exposed all the flaws of having an ageing team and playing away from kp. I've put a big red line through them. Straight sets.

Our year has been average but every flag has had us peaking to perfection (we always forget this). Povided we finish no lower than 6th we are a huge chance.

If Geelong are shot after 1 crap performance, then wtf are we?

Let;s get our own house in order before we start crapping on our higher placed opponents.

Club needs to sort out all their problems before we start caring about other teams fortunes. Halves like tonight against a shitshow like StK shows just how ******* delusional some of you have been. THIS has looked on the cards all year - as i said countless times, if anyone is looking like the arse is about to fall out of their season - its us.

I will accept apologises in the form of slabs please

If Geelong are shot after 1 crap performance, then wtf are we?

Let;s get our own house in order before we start crapping on our higher placed opponents.

Club needs to sort out all their problems before we start caring about other teams fortunes. Halves like tonight against a shitshow like StK shows just how ******* delusional some of you have been. THIS has looked on the cards all year - as i said countless times, if anyone is looking like the arse is about to fall out of their season - its us.

I will accept apologises in the form of slabs please

I will comment however I please.

Drawing a line through geelong doesnt mean we win the flag.

How about you fu** off you sanctimonious turd. Go make another thread big noting yourself hero.

sorry i was right mate. I know it sucks, but this is why wearing fan boy pants with rose coloured glasses just jades you from the truth, even when its staring you in the face.

Concentrate on getting our best 22 fit and healthy. Give a week off to those who need it. Aim for 5th or 6th but accept it might be 7th or 8th and an away final. Be prepared for four consecutive weeks with possible travel in the final series.
/thread

Aaaaand now it’s near impossible. I said that the first 3 games after the bye will tell the story and I’m shocked that the end of that story already came after the first game post-bye. The question is now whether we’ll even make the top 8 because it’s not farfetched for us to be out of the 8 by the end of the round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should be hoping to make the eight, forget about top four.
this is not the same team as 2017,2028,2019, and 2020.
time to get real.

The question is now whether we’ll even make the top 8 because it’s not farfetched for us to be out of the 8 by the end of the round.
I think that's a certainty. GWS play Hawthorn which all bit guarantees they'll displace us.

Even the s**t sides will grow an extra leg against us now because they know we're very, very gettable. I think we're more likely to miss the 8 than not.

We should be hoping to make the eight, forget about top four.
this is not the same team as 2017,2028,2019, and 2020.
time to get real.
the team in 2017 was choc full fo young players - many who only got their spot in the team after the bye rounds.

This loss is a massive reflection of where we have been heading all year.

But, it does not need to be the end.

Commit to the kids we have - play RCD, Naish, Mansell. Hand the keys over and drop Houli, Astbury, Aarts, KMac, Georgie, Graham & even the defenders + others to the seconds to let then realise, the end is nigh unless you can transform yourself ASAP. If you want to play on, then be prepared to have to fight for a spot on this team. If you don't want to fight for it - then * off and give your spot to someone else like Grigg did. The club is bigger than any individual. If you are contracted for next season, then be prepared to be dropped if your form doesn't met the standard.

Let see these guys not play for a 3peat, but play for their careers. Let the kids take on the challenge of taking out some of the greats to earn their time. The worst thing is we are a captain going down on the ship with some bullshit pride. When you are a sports team, there is no pride associated with going down with the ship. - you only ever try to resurrect it. The club is ALWAYS bigger than the individual Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 1.04.04 am.png

Just cause you cant accept it doesn't mean you have to be a campaigner. It doesn't make the team play any better.

I was one of the few who thought we’d lose tonight. I don’t expect or think we’ll win the flag but I’m not going to give up on them like yourself

Remove this Banner Ad

Back