Our second pick

Remove this Banner Ad

More interested in knowing where our next pick will be. Lets say we did have RCD in our top 12 players in the draft and didn't expect him to be fall at our pick with others also rising and falling, does the club then become aggressive and find another pick inside the top 25 and look at drafting the player we had intended to before RCD fell to our pick. I.e. Curtis Taylor and Ian Hill.

Hard to see Hill & Valente last past the 1st 3 picks today.

WC - Hill
Crows - bid =
GWS - Briggs
Coll - Kelly
Adel - Valente
Swans - Taylor
Melb - Mclennan
GC - McFadyen bid
Bris -McFadyen
GC - West Bid
WB - West
GC - Bedford bid
GC - Turner
WC - Foley
??

Another quick, skillful, clearance mid would be nice. Later picks we should concentrate on a couple of strong, long kicking, quick defenders and a ruck

Not likely now with AFL website talking him up as going next pick to WC today

Would have traded future first pick (18plus) for this year to have picked him up. 18yr old ready made zippy player, would have been great to have had him in our team this year...

Oh well...

WC - Hill
Crows - bid =
GWS - Briggs
Coll - Kelly
Adel - Valente
Swans - Taylor
Melb - Mclennan
GC - McFadyen bid
Bris -McFadyen
GC - West Bid
WB - West
GC - Bedford bid
GC - Turner
WC - Foley
??
One of:

Stack
Ross
Turner
Rowbottom
Bytel

Wouldn't mind Foley if he was still available. If we want Valente or Taylor we are going to need to be creative.

WC - Hill
Crows - bid =
GWS - Briggs
Coll - Kelly
Adel - Valente
Swans - Taylor
Melb - Mclennan
GC - McFadyen bid
Bris -McFadyen
GC - West Bid
WB - West
GC - Bedford bid
GC - Turner
WC - Foley
??

If Adelaide are not that keen on Valente could we trade with them???

Either way I would do a trade with GWS so they can use later picks for Briggs and we can get a better player in this draft even if we could get Bytel instead of him going to an Essendon or wherever

Tom Joyce or Jack Bytel, but both likely to be gone by our second pick

Whats Tom Joyce look like as a player? The ******* draft machine is not working now!!!

The draft machine back up, good:thumbsu:

Actually had a look at Joyce on the draft machine, don't mind him but really, for us I would go Bytel just in terms of arguably more potential but more particularly fills a greater list need at value even if further down the track after getting over injuries

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Axel Foley like apparently. One of Shifter Sheehan's favourites

I think for us, we have enough of those type already. Don't mind the look of him but is a little light atm, but still it is not assured he will necessarily be a star at AFL level in terms of 100 plus good games even though he shows talent. More likely to get a player of similar type in future years not far off ready made as well

Bailey Williams for me - He just has so much upside and fills the 2nd ruck / foward role perfectly
Elite speed and agility and just reads the play so well

Sure we need mids but can always pick them up later but big boys with this much upside dont come around too often
Please ....................... Bailey Williams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back